St mirren v Hearts

As soon as I read Jim say "Hearts would be a force to be reckoned with" I feared that type of chicken shit performance. In reality Hearts are a bang average side and we should have been at their throats from the off. Jim needs to get over this inferiority complex and set us up to be aggressive and attacking.

Edited by magnus

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

- First loss in six games this season to a team that’s just beaten Celtic. 
- a manager that last season took us to our highest finish for over 30 years & 2 cup semi finals. 

Sack him after two league games but, no bother.  😂😂

Whats this 2 games pish?? Has been negative since he came over two seasons ago. He seems to be learning feck all. Soon as crowd is back and pressure on he folds like pack of cards...

16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

- a manager that last season took us to our highest finish for over 30 years & 2 cup semi finals. 

Sack him after two league games but, no bother.  😂😂

It's Elvis, just ignore the clueless prick.

8 minutes ago, God of war said:

Whats this 2 games pish?? Has been negative since he came over two seasons ago. He seems to be learning feck all. Soon as crowd is back and pressure on he folds like pack of cards...

He’s progressed the team on the park BOTH seasons since he’s come in. We went from 11th the season before to 9th to 7th. What more do you want from a team with our budget than continued improvement year on year? 

the trophy maybe? Champions league finalists? Olympic gold? Maybe he should target a cure for cancer in the next five seasons 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

He’s progressed the team on the park BOTH seasons since he’s come in. We went from 11th the season before to 9th to 7th. What more do you want from a team with our budget than continued improvement year on year? 

the trophy maybe? Champions league finalists? Olympic gold? Maybe he should target a cure for cancer in the next five seasons 🤦‍♂️

Maybe he should stop shitting it and try and win some fecking games!

8 minutes ago, God of war said:

Maybe he should stop shitting it and try and win some fecking games!

We set ourselves up to win games, you won’t always get quality, attractive football to do that. I’d take 3 points over good football every time. 

Completely unreasonable expectations as you’ll see with most clubs our level  over  a prolonged period of time.  

Edited by bazil85

12 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Ur not getting that last season meant absolutely feck all. There was no fan pressure whatsoever. Minute fans are back usual service resumes...

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Think you being unfair your team will bounce back from todays lunchtime defeat

U r the one who is Sevco daft, u never shut up about them u absolute pond life!

35 minutes ago, Ethan said:

When is Goodwin going to realise we need a ball carrying centre midfield player. We never seem to carry a ball forward. We lack pace in wide areas and as for our forwards dont get me started. Its all well having a formation to play but you need players to match. We allow teams to play onto us and press the ball. I have yet to see an improvement on last season. 

I think McGrath is the player to do that. But he needs someone else to do the donkey work. Power is ideal for breaking up the opposition play but I think we also need a midfielder who can put his foot on the ball and find the runners.

5 minutes ago, God of war said:

Ur not getting that last season meant absolutely feck all. There was no fan pressure whatsoever. Minute fans are back usual service resumes...

For five seasons in a row now, St Mirren have improved their league finish year on year. One of those years there weren’t fans in, so it means nothing? 

Utter nonsense, all clubs had to deal with no fans. If you’d prefer more entertainment & poorer league results fine, but this is professional football & it will always remain results driven. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

For five seasons in a row now, St Mirren have improved their league finish year on year. One of those years there weren’t fans in, so it means nothing? 

Utter nonsense, all clubs had to deal with no fans. If you’d prefer more entertainment & poorer league results fine, but this is professional football & it will always remain results driven. 

Think today shows on games than fan pressure influences games....u have zero argument in this!

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

And your a sevco troll... and as boring as feck....away and shag a bluebell

Yet again going on about them pondlife ya sad pathetic wee fud!!!

43 minutes ago, Ethan said:

When is Goodwin going to realise we need a ball carrying centre midfield player. We never seem to carry a ball forward. We lack pace in wide areas and as for our forwards dont get me started. Its all well having a formation to play but you need players to match. We allow teams to play onto us and press the ball. I have yet to see an improvement on last season. 

Totally agree. I think Jim has failed to sign that style of player and has therefore ditched all attempt to play the ball through the middle preferring instead to sling the ball out to our painfully slow wing players or ballooter it from goalie to Main. Way poorer side than last season and really awful standard of football.

11 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

And your a sevco troll... and as boring as feck....away and shag a bluebell

Would rather pump a bluebell than ur bird, heard she went into a haunted house and came out with a job!

Sack him after two league games but, no bother.  [emoji23][emoji23]
Hearts beat worst Celtic team in at least 10 years but could easily be worst in 30 let's face it Hearts haven't exactly had to work too hard for their 4 league goals this season.

Wee Danny took us to highest finish and a cup victory & we let him go, Goodwin was also part of the back stabbing that led to Tommy Craig taking over.

Just to let you know over 157 teams took part in the 2 cups last season 156 of them were losers semi final, quarter final, final, first round knock out means fu*k all unless you win it.

55 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Shaughnessy reminds me of Potter!
Potentially good defender.
Good leader.
Good Captain.
Prone to mistakes.
Untouchable when it comes to being dropped.

McCarthy is a far better defender!

Shaughnessy is nothing like potter, he can actually defend.

McCarthy is leaving and had been offered a new deal and didn’t sign. 

37 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yes but you only get results if you try winning the f**king games instead of shitting it.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

But more cash equals better players. If McGrath is away, hopefully we get a decent wedge for him.

Every player is replaceable. 

Not on today's performance. McGrath was head and shoulders better than anyone in our team. No offence to Tait, Kiltie and Tanser but they are midfield journeymen compared to McGrath (and add Erhahon, McPherson and Flynn) and we will not spend decent money to replace him. When McGrath goes the team will be substantially weaker.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Not on today's performance. McGrath was head and shoulders better than anyone in our team. No offence to Tait, Kiltie and Tanser but they are midfield journeymen compared to McGrath (and add Erhahon, McPherson and Flynn) and we will not spend decent money to replace him. When McGrath goes the team will be substantially weaker.

I agree, McGrath is head and shoulders ahead of any other outfield player we have. My point is , if we are to lose him - which looks probable, then let's get decent cash in that could go towards a 3 or 4k a week midfielder. Weather or not he will be better than Jamie remains to be seen, but at least it would put us in a stronger position to try and replace him.