Linfield v St. Mirren - Saturday, 2nd July 2022

W6er

2 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Arrived back this morning after Easyjet cancelled my flight last night. Not a bad weekend , decent first half and ok second all about the legs for the players but good to see the youngsters get a good runout, Ayunga looks a step up from some previous players we had up front, him and Grieve constantly harrying causing errors.

Walked back to town after match through the lodge walk, think Rangers sell more jerseys there than in Glasgow.

This….

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62038384

…may make your being inconvenienced easier to thole….  :)

Never want someone to lose their job but they have fecked up big time recently.

Of course the £220 compensation for each of me and the wife will also help :). I was lucky as was online at the time managed to get a flight 7am this morning but others on the flight couldn't find another flight for next day even to Manchester everything was fully booked very quickly. Pays for the weekend :) and I got to see the saints

10 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Never want someone to lose their job but they have fecked up big time recently.

Of course the £220 compensation for each of me and the wife will also help :). I was lucky as was online at the time managed to get a flight 7am this morning but others on the flight couldn't find another flight for next day even to Manchester everything was fully booked very quickly. Pays for the weekend :) and I got to see the saints

Did you manage to get any accomodation and did you have to pay for it. This has got out of hand. My son and his young family were cancelled by BA from Heathrow on Friday night. Airlines couldn't care less .At least we don't have to travel to Europe this season 

I got accommodation but i booked it myself as Easyjet IMHO are sneeky. When you rebook your flight at the bottom is an unchecked button, beside it it says "If you dont want us to book you a hotel". I didnt realise if you click that button it changes to "you do want us to book you a hotel" but I took it if I clicked it I didnt want them to provide a hotel.

I will be charging it back of course along with the taxi <-> Belfast international and Belfast and this mornings breakfast. 

That is what pissed us off most, we were ok but there were afew families there with young kids struggling to get anything booked flightwise and of course noone there to help and helplines closed.

14 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

At least we don't have to travel to Europe this season 

Not till next season 😁🤞

3 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

I got accommodation but i booked it myself as Easyjet IMHO are sneeky. When you rebook your flight at the bottom is an unchecked button, beside it it says "If you dont want us to book you a hotel". I didnt realise if you click that button it changes to "you do want us to book you a hotel" but I took it if I clicked it I didnt want them to provide a hotel.

I will be charging it back of course along with the taxi <-> Belfast international and Belfast and this mornings breakfast. 

That is what pissed us off most, we were ok but there were afew families there with young kids struggling to get anything booked flightwise and of course noone there to help and helplines closed.

Not till next season 😁🤞

And we'll need to travel at least 3 times.

6 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Not till next season 😁🤞

To be fair, I had a few of shite ”last plane” cancellations just before midnights from Inverness. Got taxis intae toon, hotel rooms, taxi back … with no bother, never any trouble about recompense by easyjet.

of course, I knew Inverness taxi and hotel numbers, so I had a head start and was only concerned about me.

there were often holiday-making parents with kids, struggling.

Usually, I got trains next morning.   My Saturday was already f**ked… and I enjoy that journey…. Without the hours of pre flight security and tedious airport waits.

easyjet also coughed for those.

(I hoped it would give them an added frisson of annoyance…)

17 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Saints fans were in good voice though they sang something the Club banned more than 20 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I was there and I didn't hear anything controversial. "Aw the bawbags are blue...." LOL

@mattman - Hopefully Cliftonville and/or Glentoran next year. Otherwise Dublin or Cork.

33 minutes ago, W6er said:

I was there and I didn't hear anything controversial. "Aw the bawbags are blue...." LOL

@mattman - Hopefully Cliftonville and/or Glentoran next year. Otherwise Dublin or Cork.

Unfortunately the song regarding the Pope and the Queen was belted out. It appears to be an attempt to show we are not sectarian but it's very wording is sectarian and just juvenile. A bit embarrassing but no doubt  I'm in the minority thinking this.

13 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

Unfortunately the song regarding the Pope and the Queen was belted out. It appears to be an attempt to show we are not sectarian but it's very wording is sectarian and just juvenile. A bit embarrassing but no doubt  I'm in the minority thinking this.

I know the one you're referring to. I didn't hear it myself, and I don't find it troubling or embarrassing - and that's from someone who likes the monarchy and the Vatican (although not the last few popes*). 

*Probably a discussion for elsewhere on the forum.

Edited by W6er

52 minutes ago, W6er said:

Hopefully not Dublin mate, was over for the Scotland game and the place rinsed me dry😂 almost a tenner a pint in some places. I’d take anywhere down south.

37 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

Like everything else, context is everything.  Certain lyrics from that song could be classed as sectarian when taken out of context but when you consider the whole thing, they aren't.  That's my opinion on the matter anyway, you're free to disagree.

We all have opinions however the Club banned it.

The general lyrics can be interpreted as anti sectarian however the last two lines are definitely sectarian. And any song that starts with Hello, hello deserves all the condemnation it deserves.

We all have opinions however the Club banned it.

The general lyrics can be interpreted as anti sectarian however the last two lines are definitely sectarian. And any song that starts with Hello, hello deserves all the condemnation it deserves.

Technically, they never banned it, they asked supporters not to sing it, but I get your drift.

But that would be taking the last 2 lines out of context, as I already said.

Anyway, hating every c**t isn't bigoted, it's inclusive. [emoji16]