Saints v Hibs, Gogic's return? 27/8/22

3 minutes ago, Rascal said:

A game that I am looking forward to (after we have despatched DU away from home). Clearly a popular return to the club by Gogic. Will be be match fit? I’m sure he will feature at some point but pathos’s not for 90 minutes.

Hmmm.

Greek - subliminal typos/auto-correct.

nice!  :)

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Hibs looked a lot better than their league form suggests.

Well they certainly know how to play till the final whistle.

3 goals in 4 games in injury time had given them 4 points more than they would have had. 

I think it is important to take points from both of the games against Hibs and the fakes, we're capable of potentially winning both but not losing and keeping the momentum going is key. I said on another thread that where we end up this season will depend on what happens in the games we don't win, with the addition of Gogic, once he's up to speed, will, I feel help turn defeats in to draws and draws in to wins.

Gogic surely can’t come straight into the team that had won back to back league games. He will be assessed by the sports science team this week during training. The data they capture on so many aspects of performance is superb. 

I reckon he will need to get up to speed and wait for an opportunity to make his mark. 

Great that we have experience and quality across some key areas of the pitch. 

Tanser injury record still worries me. 

I am still not sure that retaining an ageing Flynn this year was a good idea. Sure he can cover a number of areas but he must be on a decent salary.

I would like to see Ethan and Dylan sign new contracts but my gut feeling is that they are either sold or they leave at end of contract. 

Great to see Brophy and Grieve all smiles at end of the game. No one likes being on the bench, but it’s a squad game these days with so many substitutes.

I think that Flynn appears to be a great influence in the dressing room wouldn't be surprised if he is retained in a coaching role when he retires. In the warm up for the FC Edinburgh game he was chatting away to Reid and the young lad was smiling away and looking really relaxed, maybe he brings something valuable to the squad outwith his appearances on the pitch.

38 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I think that Flynn appears to be a great influence in the dressing room wouldn't be surprised if he is retained in a coaching role when he retires. In the warm up for the FC Edinburgh game he was chatting away to Reid and the young lad was smiling away and looking really relaxed, maybe he brings something valuable to the squad outwith his appearances on the pitch.

Yes I agree. Model professional. Played at high level north and south of border. Can we afford another coach though? 

I guess we can if Baz if the rumour Baz has been sacked as Kibble PR are true. 😂 

9 hours ago, Ethan said:

Stop Boyle and we could win this one

Was about to say that Boyle’s return has made a massive difference to Hibs.

They had looked a bit toothless up until then. I know it’s a team game, but one man like him really can make a difference.

Agree with Ethan’s comment above, but it’ll be easier said than done. 

Very poor record last few seasons against them and as I've mentioned every time we play them been on end of bad referees, bad misses, playing alot better than them more than once without winning, playing them 3 times straight after sacking managers football god's seemed to be against us but think we are playing them at right time they have carried alot of luck with 2 last minute equalisers.

Avoid silly red cards or penalties against the forever falling over Martin Boyle and we will beat them.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

No reason why we can’t win this game, keep Boyle quiet and I fancy us.

A good buzz about the place just now :)

Very true. Not as easy to do as say.

Another good performance please and we can see where that takes us