More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HSS said:

What are the bullying tactics he’s using?

I will let you find that out for yourself mate, im sure more will come out now…..Kenny docherty leaving after only 2 months, a certain someone is determined to drive a divide between Smisa and the board. 

Sadly I seen this coming a while back when I 1st heard Gilmour was sniffing about.

As passionate as board members may be, anyone shouting from either side should pack their bags. If they can't have a grown up meeting with common sense discussions based on facts and figures, then there is no point in them being there. Yes there will be different points of view but all individuals need to be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner and not behave like a child having a tantrum. 

You wouldn't think running a football club is that bloody difficult and anyone conducting themselves in the above way should be removed from the board.

The fans deserve better and the club certainly doesn't need this shit when things are going ok on the pitch.

Make your point, discuss sensibly, come to a majority vote on said discussion and conclude with reasons detailed and then explain/communicate to the fans on why said decision was made. Highlight if necessary opposing views so fans understand individual concerns so they can make up their own minds. We have to trust in a process and if a certain decision highlights major concern for a large number of fans then potentially review said decision (based on facts).

Appears to be a structure and communication issue. Sort that out first then if any individual doesn't play by the rules then show them the door.

2 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

I will let you find that out for yourself mate, im sure more will come out now…..Kenny docherty leaving after only 2 months, a certain someone is determined to drive a divide between Smisa and the board. 

Sadly I seen this coming a while back when I 1st heard Gilmour was sniffing about.

Just now, truesaint said:

As passionate as board members may be, anyone shouting from either side should pack their bags. If they can't have a grown up meeting with common sense discussions based on facts and figures, then there is no point in them being there. Yes there will be different points of view but all individuals need to be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner and not behave like a child having a tantrum. 

You wouldn't think running a football club is that bloody difficult and anyone conducting themselves in the above way should be removed from the board.

The fans deserve better and the club certainly doesn't need this shit when things are going ok on the pitch.

Make your point, discuss sensibly, come to a majority vote on said discussion and conclude with reasons detailed and then explain/communicate to the fans on why said decision was made. Highlight if necessary opposing views so fans understand individual concerns so they can make up their own minds. We have to trust in a process and if a certain decision highlights major concern for a large number of fans then potentially review said decision (based on facts).

Appears to be a structure and communication issue. Sort that out first then if any individual doesn't play by the rules then show them the door.

It doesn't help when pathetic individuals post untrue shit stirring scare tactics on internet forums.

But they only had the club's interests at heart. :lol

Let's see how they feel if the SMISA membership plummets with folk cancelling due to the underhand dealings, all to get a man and his oversized ego back at the club.

Am I missing something? One guy joins the Board and almost everyone else resigns leaving the one guy to do what he likes? Instead of walking away why don't they stay and vote him down on issues he brings up?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, truesaint said:

They should make minutes  of meetings available  just like the Fans Council did 

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

How many does that leave on the Board ?  ,in  the constitution  it needs a minimum  of 5 to govern  , is it now down to 4?

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Am I missing something? One guy joins the Board and almost everyone else resigns leaving the one guy to do what he likes? Instead of walking away why don't they stay and vote him down on issues he brings up?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There are currently seven members of the Smisa board i.e. Jim Cumming, Eddie Devine, Stewart Gilmour, Dougie McMahon, Kenny Lang, Wullie Bell and John White. 

The normal complement is nine ("The number of directors to be elected by the members will be no more than nine") which was the case until this weeks resignations.

Constitutionally, the Smisa board is run on a democratic basis and no individual holds more "power" or “influence” than any other. This obviously means that no single person can "do what he likes".

Furthermore, being a member of the Smisa board has nothing to do with becoming a club director. 

This information - and the constitution - is freely available online. I hope that clears up some of the confusion on this thread.

44 minutes ago, doakie said:

There are currently seven members of the Smisa board i.e. Jim Cumming, Eddie Devine, Stewart Gilmour, Dougie McMahon, Kenny Lang, Wullie Bell and John White. 

The normal complement is nine ("The number of directors to be elected by the members will be no more than nine") which was the case until this weeks resignations.

Constitutionally, the Smisa board is run on a democratic basis and no individual holds more "power" or “influence” than any other. This obviously means that no single person can "do what he likes".

Furthermore, being a member of the Smisa board has nothing to do with becoming a club director. 

This information - and the constitution - is freely available online. I hope that clears up some of the confusion on this thread.

That doesn't change the fact that SG seems toxic.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

That doesn't change the fact that SG seems toxic.

I must admit that I struggle to see the connection between the facts that I laid out for the forum members information and your then forming the opinion that SG is toxic.

I reiterate, he is one of seven democratically elected Smisa board members, each of whom have the same vote as he does.

1 hour ago, doakie said:

It does when he's quite clearly got another few members of the board "in his pocket".

I don't think anyone could be so naive to think that he's acting as an "individual".

19 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It does when he's quite clearly got another few members of the board "in his pocket".

I don't think anyone could be so naive to think that he's acting as an "individual".

"he's quite clearly got another few members of the board "in his pocket"."  Wow! That's some assumption from someone who, presumably, didn't witness what was discussed at the Smisa meeting and therefore doesn't actually know the facts of the situation.

Seeing as I prefer to deal with facts, and not theories or assumptions, I reiterate, he is one of seven democratically elected Smisa board members, each of whom have the same vote as he does. That is a fact, not an opinion.

Furthermore, I assume you don't know Jim Cumming, Eddie Devine, Kenny Lang, Wullie Bell or John White personally because, if you did, you'd be very aware that all of these individuals are able, strong people who would not tolerate being in anyone's pocket and would laugh at that suggestion.

p.s. I can't comment on Dougie McMahon simply because I don't know the man.

8 minutes ago, doakie said:

"he's quite clearly got another few members of the board "in his pocket"."  Wow! That's some assumption from someone who, presumably, didn't witness what was discussed at the Smisa meeting and therefore doesn't actually know the facts of the situation.

Seeing as I prefer to deal with facts, and not theories or assumptions, I reiterate, he is one of seven democratically elected Smisa board members, each of whom have the same vote as he does. That is a fact, not an opinion.

Furthermore, I assume you don't know Jim Cumming, Eddie Devine, Kenny Lang, Wullie Bell or John White personally because, if you did, you'd be very aware that all of these individuals are able, strong people who would not tolerate being in anyone's pocket and would laugh at that suggestion.

p.s. I can't comment on Dougie McMahon simply because I don't know the man.

Wow.

Looks like I've found one of their supporters.

Edited by FTOF

11 minutes ago, doakie said:

Not as much as most of as are laughing at this statement.

Just my observation, SG got voted on in 4th and last place available before the 2 younger candidates. If there was only one then I believe that he would have been voted onto the SMISA board before SG.

SG's election statement was basically that he wanted kibble out, he recieved about 33% of SMISA membership votes. Hardly an endorsement.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk