So Farewell Nicola Sturgeon

shull

From the outside I can't see anyone with the determination and charisma to drive the dream of independence forward with gusto. She is a sad loss for the cause. On the other side, perhaps whoever takes over will stop being dragged toward a nanny state by the greens and loonies in the Scottish Parliament.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

From the outside I can't see anyone with the determination and charisma to drive the dream of independence forward with gusto. She is a sad loss for the cause. On the other side, perhaps whoever takes over will stop being dragged toward a nanny state by the greens and loonies in the Scottish Parliament.

We have the best politicians in the UK in the party the only problem we'll have is picking the best one as there is so many to choose from 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Yippee, maybe we can get back to actually improving the country rather than this pipe dream. 👍

With what?  the "broad shoulders" ofthe UK?  The massive back-up for scottish hopes that Starmer and Sunak (Stunak?) represent.

When you look at the initiatives that have been carried forward in her time, and even in Salmond's, that were always promised, launched, repromised and re-launched by the previous admisntrations, you realise the value of someone of her stature.

Borders railway

queensferry crossing

clackmannanshire bridge

A9 dualling

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

John Nicolson

12 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

We have the best politicians in the UK in the party the only problem we'll have is picking the best one as there is so many to choose from 

I don't agree. The SNP government is so hell bent in controlling our lives to the nth degree. I am looking forward to getting independence and then getting rid of their stupid, interfering policies. A vote for independence is a vote to end the party. 

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I don't agree. The SNP government is so hell bent in controlling our lives to the nth degree. I am looking forward to getting independence and then getting rid of their stupid, interfering policies. A vote for independence is a vote to end the party. 

interfering in our lives-by ensuring the rights of all?  Interesting

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I agree with this, new political party's will emerge,  but in the meantime the SNP is the only reasonable route to independence

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Yippee, maybe we can get back to actually improving the country rather than this pipe dream. 👍

Why is it a pipe dream .You are obviously one of those people who think we are not capable  of running our own affairs and would rather be ruled over by a shower of Scot hating pompas arse holes who hate you as much as they hate  everyone in Scotland. f**ksake have faith in 

14 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

John Nicolson

Stephen Gethins was the rising star in Scottish politics winning the safe seat in 2015 of Menzies Campbell and again in 2017 unfortunately and even though he increased his share of the vote in 2019 by 7%  he lost out through tactical voting by the Tories and Labour to the Lib Dems.  That should tell you what they thought of him when they teamed up to have him voted out

Don't think we've seen the last of Stephen 

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Why is it a pipe dream .You are obviously one of those people who think we are not capable  of running our own affairs and would rather be ruled over by a shower of Scot hating pompas arse holes who hate you as much as they hate  everyone in Scotland. f**ksake have faith in 

You are obviously one of those Braveheart SNP supporters who have no idea about the economics of running a country.

That's one of the reasons I wasn't convinced in the last debacle of a referendum. 

Too much flag waving , not enough focus on reality. 

If you seriously believe that Scottish MP's are any better than the English then you are even more deluded than you come across.

As for the hate, that works both ways, the needless "hate" for anything English is one of the reasons I'd rather eat my own shite than vote SNP.

Thanks for asking. 

You are obviously one of those Braveheart SNP supporters who have no idea about the economics of running a country.
That's one of the reasons I wasn't convinced in the last debacle of a referendum. 
Too much flag waving , not enough focus on reality. 
If you seriously believe that Scottish MP's are any better than the English then you are even more deluded than you come across.
As for the hate, that works both ways, the needless "hate" for anything English is one of the reasons I'd rather eat my own shite than vote SNP.
Thanks for asking. 

It's not anything English per se, it's the corrupt ones that are in Westminster.

Enjoy your shite. [emoji87]

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

With what?  the "broad shoulders" ofthe UK?  The massive back-up for scottish hopes that Starmer and Sunak (Stunak?) represent.

When you look at the initiatives that have been carried forward in her time, and even in Salmond's, that were always promised, launched, repromised and re-launched by the previous admisntrations, you realise the value of someone of her stature.

Borders railway

queensferry crossing

clackmannanshire bridge

A9 dualling

The A9? Are you aware of the fecking mess that is?

Oh, don't forget the recent ferry embarrassment.

That's just off the top of my head, can't be arsed searching about for any more disasters. 

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The A9? Are you aware of the fecking mess that is?

Oh, don't forget the recent ferry embarrassment.

That's just off the top of my head, can't be arsed searching about for any more disasters. 

Has @Brilliant Disguise not been saying on the “AGM” thread that he was directly involved in those projects? 

Just saying.