So Farewell Nicola Sturgeon

shull

Met her once in Paisley town centre before a game, right outside the banky, she held a St Mirren scarf for a photo :lol: always seemed alright tbf

Think she has allowed herself to be dragged into the "woke" debates a bit much in recent years 

Should always reserve the right to say "I appreciate the question, but today we're talking about ferries/roads etc" rather than getting dragged into debates that only impact on a minority 

Can't say that I'm overly upset, no closer to independence and some fresh ideas and a new perspective might be a good thing

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I must add I have, at times, admired wee Nicky and she's shown admiral qualities.

A very heartfelt farewell speech, especially on the issue on the lack of privacy.

Good luck to her. 

If those ferries EVER get to float maybe she’ll get a job she can handle…?

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

she was nevver in the navy

If you're going to be a dick better make sure you get the spelling and grammar correct. :lol:

Massive fail. 

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

If those ferries EVER get to float maybe she’ll get a job she can handle…?

Already been pointed out, but thanks for being slow, it's your age. :byebye

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You are obviously one of those Braveheart SNP supporters who have no idea about the economics of running a country.

That's one of the reasons I wasn't convinced in the last debacle of a referendum. 

Too much flag waving , not enough focus on reality. 

If you seriously believe that Scottish MP's are any better than the English then you are even more deluded than you come across.

As for the hate, that works both ways, the needless "hate" for anything English is one of the reasons I'd rather eat my own shite than vote SNP.

Thanks for asking. 

You tell him Faraway you know your stuff...  :lol:

Liz Truss Cheese GIF by GIPHY News

Boris Johnson GIF

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The A9? Are you aware of the fecking mess that is?

Oh, don't forget the recent ferry embarrassment.

That's just off the top of my head, can't be arsed searching about for any more disasters. 

For balance let's even that up slightly by giving you MoD "Ajax" contract, £5bn spent and not one of the 589 vehicles promised to be delivered by 2017 has yet appeared, Crossrail £3bn overspend, HS2 now looking like doubling in cost and let's not even begin with the Covid procurement scandals.

Reality is that Government Procurement is shite in both Holyrood and Westminster, Brussels too.

21 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

For balance let's even that up slightly by giving you MoD "Ajax" contract, £5bn spent and not one of the 589 vehicles promised to be delivered by 2017 has yet appeared, Crossrail £3bn overspend, HS2 now looking like doubling in cost and let's not even begin with the Covid procurement scandals.

Reality is that Government Procurement is shite in both Holyrood and Westminster, Brussels too.

Agreed.

Oh, you forgot Ralston.  

On 2/16/2023 at 9:06 AM, WeeBud said:

Agree, when you let civil servants dictate what happens with infrastructure & large capital projects they will usually ( not always, there are a few exceptions) end up over budget, over time & very often - not fit for the purpose it was intended for.

The Scottish ferries debacle would be laughable if it weren’t so serious but it’s not the first ( under all parties )and won’t be the last . 

Westinster has spunked money away at an eye watering  rate  for decades .All parties have a track record of disasters as long as your arm but the Tories have taken us to new depths of waste, overspend and corruption costing taxpayers billions as they line their pals pockets.

Brussels / EU / European / Global  collaborations are no stranger to a f**k up either , but remember, much of what they do is dictated by their member countries so the blame usually goes back to whichever countries were involved in the venture. Normally they all want different things at different prices and different spec but think that doing it under a European or Global umbrella will magically make it better.  It doesn’t.

compromise , cost restraints and ongoing changes to requirement normally means the end user doesn’t what they want - they get what civil servants think is best …..or cheapest 🙄

Agree, when you let civil servants dictate what happens with infrastructure & large capital projects they will usually ( not always, there are a few exceptions) end up over budget, over time & very often - not fit for the purpose it was intended for.
The Scottish ferries debacle would be laughable if it weren’t so serious but it’s not the first ( under all parties )and won’t be the last . 
Westinster has spunked money away at an eye watering  rate  for decades .All parties have a track record of disasters as long as your arm but the Tories have taken us to new depths of waste, overspend and corruption costing taxpayers billions as they line their pals pockets.
Brussels / EU / European / Global  collaborations are no stranger to a f**k up either , but remember, much of what they do is dictated by their member countries so the blame usually goes back to whichever countries were involved in the venture. Normally they all want different things at different prices and different spec but think that doing it under a European or Global umbrella will magically make it better.  It doesn’t.
compromise , cost restraints and ongoing changes to requirement normally means the end user doesn’t what they want - they get what civil servants think is best …..or cheapest [emoji849]

Apparently Spain spent approx €250m on trains that are too big for the tunnels on the routes they were bought for.

Humza declares his candidacy.  As a pro-independent thinking person and strong supporter of the SNP I can happily say that I will not vote for them if he wins and for as long as he may be leader.

A car-crash as in his health job, he also harassed a family I know and used his influence to try and hurt them massively.  An odious man who does not deserve to represent Scotland.  

I'd even take the wee free, but would prefer Ash Regan.  it's a shame the timing would prevent John Nicolson from getting a holyrood seat and coming forward.

On 2/15/2023 at 5:40 PM, faraway saint said:

You are obviously one of those Braveheart SNP supporters who have no idea about the economics of running a country.

That's one of the reasons I wasn't convinced in the last debacle of a referendum. 

Too much flag waving , not enough focus on reality. 

If you seriously believe that Scottish MP's are any better than the English then you are even more deluded than you come across.

As for the hate, that works both ways, the needless "hate" for anything English is one of the reasons I'd rather eat my own shite than vote SNP.

Thanks for asking. 

Dead simple question FS that really only requires a yes or no answer.

Do you REALLY believe that Scotland is incapable of being a stable independent country?