Price of a Pie

faraway saint

Just saw an article on the price of pies in the English Premier League.

They range from £3.20 at Liverpool, slowly creeping up to £4.20 at Man City (10th) to an eye watering £6 at West Ham. 

I'm sure the clubs charging more will produce some attempt to justify the prices but you have to be kidding me. 

They range from £3.20 at Liverpool, slowly creeping up to £4.20 at Man City (10th) to an eye watering £6 at West Ham. 
I'm sure the clubs charging more will produce some attempt to justify the prices but you have to be kidding me. 

The delivery van probably needs to pay the London congestion charge thingy to deliver to West Ham. That'll account for a penny per pie.

I assume a lot of the prices will be determined by 1. the income of the "clientele" (London wages tend to be higher) and 2. how many other "eateries" are in the vicinity. If folk weren't willing to pay it, they couldn't price it like that.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Try this pie Faraway 

Pie GIF by Squirrel Monkey

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I read something about West Ham have told London Stadium who own the stadium and run the catering that they wanted the prices of all food and drink reduced , don’t think the landlord was too keen to accommodate it.

9 hours ago, Slarti said:
9 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Good point.

😂

I never realised that the person I quoted was referencing the combined price of £6 for a pie and bovril combo. 

“6 quid for a pie!”

Jings things have shot up in price. 😂 

I totally understand for many fans it’s part and parcel of attending games but it’s never been a habit of mine.

Right I’m away out to sit on a bus all day as it’s warmer than my house!

Maybe someone will leave behind a half eaten pie from Greggs or Aulds.

You also have to factor in the rental charges which, like airports, are extortionate at football grounds.  Same as cinemas.

Mind you my son-in-law's brother opened up a hotdog restaurant on the southside. It was doing well and was quite popular with both sit-in and takeaway.   Then it got a good review in the Herald.  Within two months the landlord had more than doubled the rent.

I think folk forget that landlords are just money grubbing scum. 

It always amazes me that people can’t go 90 mins at the football without food

Eat at home before you go or get something if you are walking down to the match,ffs if food at the match is so important then make a wee sandwich and take it with you

The only reason food at events is so expensive is they know there will always be mugs willing to pay the price

53 minutes ago, HSS said:

The only reason food at events is so expensive is they know there will always be mugs willing to pay the price

Yep, as some genius said above ...

17 hours ago, Slarti said:

If folk weren't willing to pay it, they couldn't price it like that.

:D

Not a pie, but i was charged £4-50  for a can of Fanta to have with my dinner yesterday, a club sandwich at £16-50 at a hotel on the A87.

Oh and a 10% service charge as well, so needless to say, i will keep driving the next time  😂

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Not a pie, but i was charged £4-50  for a can of Fanta to have with my dinner yesterday, a club sandwich at £16-50 at a hotel on the A87.

Oh and a 10% service charge as well, so needless to say, i will keep driving the next time  😂

That must have broke your heart 💔