Our Last 5 Fixtures of 2022/2023

2 points will do us for 5th

A draw with Hibs who will then lose their last 4 games That leaves us 4 games to get the point we need for a European Tour 🛫

(The above works on the assumption one of the ugly sisters win the cup)

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

We will do well to get 2 draws out of this.

Team look like they have run out of steam, been a great season  though ,look forward to next season ,need some fresh faces ,hopefully  someone  with pace that can change a game

I'll assume you're talking about the poor performance against Kilmarnock as the previous 3 games we looked anything but a tired side. 

I'd be wary of assuming we've "run out of steam" on the strength of ONE poor game. 

Edited by faraway saint

4 hours ago, Slarti said:

Win against Hibs and we go above them.  Assuming Celtic beat Hearts to win title then we will go above Hearts if we beat them in the next game.

If Sevco beat Aberdeen in first game (revenge mission after Sunday and very very very last chance saloon in case Celtic slip up) and Hibs beat them in the next game (again, last chance saloon for Hibs to get into Europe after losing to us) we could go into the Celtic game (against a team that are champions and just came off the back of a "new OF" game) just 3 points behind Aberdeen.  If Aberdeen lose to Hearts (who will, again, be in last chance saloon for 3rd place) in game 3 and we get anything from the Celtic game we would go above them if we beat them in game 4 (and into 3rd if Hearts fail to beat Sevco).  Then we just need to beat Sevco in our last game (with the other games being Celtic v Aberdeen and an Edinburgh derby) and, viola, European football until xmas.  Easy Peasy.  Unless, of course, I've counted wrong (which is possible as I'm typing this while in a work Teams meeting. :D)

Of course, we'll probably lose against Hibs and all the "thought" I've put into that will have been pointless. :D

What’s a big violin got to do with it? 😉

At the risk of being considered a spam merchant, give there are two threads discussing the same thing, I will repost what I have just written in the other thread here:

Hibs away is a MUST NOT LOSE game. They have the advantage being at home, too. Obviously all the fixtures will be difficult, I mean Aberdeen have won eight in a row and are looking very good right now. Celtic Park is an unlikely place to get points. Can lightning strike twice and we get something from Rangers at home? Otherwise it's a case of going to Tynecastle for something.

I desperately want European football, but this is not going to be easy at all.

10 hours ago, W6er said:

At the risk of being considered a spam merchant, give there are two threads discussing the same thing, I will repost what I have just written in the other thread here:

Hibs away is a MUST NOT LOSE game. They have the advantage being at home, too. Obviously all the fixtures will be difficult, I mean Aberdeen have won eight in a row and are looking very good right now. Celtic Park is an unlikely place to get points. Can lightning strike twice and we get something from Rangers at home? Otherwise it's a case of going to Tynecastle for something.

It’s a case of ‘what if’ for me. Killie not winning away all season & walking right over us is a bitter pill to swallow.

A three point gap over Hibs right now would have been hugely welcome. 

10 hours ago, W6er said:

Its not going to be easy..but neither was the team getting us into this position.. the players froze v killie.. lost shape and that wont be missed....v Hibs.. we can sit back and counter... it is a shame we dont have pace but i am sure that will be addressed next season... Hibs have all the pressure as they MUST finish 5th... 5 free hits for us.. 

17 hours ago, W6er said:

IMO Hibs game is a must win. Hearts looked very good against County and look as if they might have their mojo back. Aberdeen are back on form and as for the glasgow gonks the less said the better. Think the winner of this game will secure 5th. Can't see us or Hibs getting much else to be honest. 😐

36 minutes ago, truesaint said:

IMO Hibs game is a must win. Hearts looked very good against County and look as if they might have their mojo back. Aberdeen are back on form and as for the glasgow gonks the less said the better. Think the winner of this game will secure 5th. Can't see us or Hibs getting much else to be honest. 😐

I’m pretty confident we can win at home to Hearts (I’d be less confident if it was away), but regardless of that I still agree with you that the Hibs game is a must win. 
If we were to get wins in both those games, I think it would give us the opportunity to play the other 3 games with a certain level of freedom, which in my opinion is always our best chance of getting a result against those teams. 

On 4/26/2023 at 2:32 PM, truesaint said:

Hearts beating a really poor County side is no measure of their quality. Just the same as our piss poor performance against Killie isn’t a measure of ours.