Top 6, game 3, Celtic v St Mirren, 20/5/23

Brilliant performance from every player today , Main never gave the ‘tic defence a minutes peace and was unlucky not to be going home with the match ball , Taylor looked solid, Strain gave everything & Gogic was …. Gogic 😎👍

Had anyone offered us a point before game I’d think most of us would have bitten their hand off. 

Well done Saints , hopefully we can do likewise at Pittodrie on Wednesday .

Not to take the shine off a great performance today, but the points we gave up to Motherwell, St. Johnstone and Killie (where are they now?) have cost us dear. Wins in those games would have put us right in the mix for 3rd place.

That's the inconsistency that needs to be fixed if we are to do even better next season.

But we need to take small steps to reach the heights, so........

COYS!!

I’ve said it before but I’m happy to say it again.  
Last season I would have happily driven Curtis Main to whichever club wanted to take him off our hands.  

His transformation this season has been incredible, he’s not the most prolific scorer or the most dynamic player ever to grace the stripes but my god he must be a f**king nightmare for defenders!!   
His shift today was immense and he was so unlucky not to grab a hat trick ( at least !)   

Well done Saints - great performance today and we created enough chances to win it. Gave they f#ckers a fright and that’s us taken 4 points from Celtic this season. Down to the bare bones so big ask for anything from Aberdeen but fingers crossed 🤞 

1 minute ago, pondsman said:

Not to take the shine off a great performance today, but the points we gave up to Motherwell, St. Johnstone and Killie (where are they now?) have cost us dear. Wins in those games would have put us right in the mix for 3rd place.

That's the inconsistency that needs to be fixed if we are to do even better next season.

But we need to take small steps to reach the heights, so........

COYS!!

No point using a few selective, if disappointing, games mate.

That's what the league is all about and it could be said that it's not often we get 4 from Celtic, all swings and roundabouts.

A win against Aberdeen and the Rangers game will be MASSIVE. 

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’ve said it before but I’m happy to say it again.  
Last season I would have happily driven Curtis Main to whichever club wanted to take him off our hands.  

His transformation this season has been incredible, he’s not the most prolific scorer or the most dynamic player ever to grace the stripes but my god he must be a f**king nightmare for defenders!!   
His shift today was immense and he was so unlucky not to grab a hat trick ( at least !)   

Not many people hold their hands up regarding previous posts.  Good post.