Top 6, game 3, Celtic v St Mirren, 20/5/23

Well, that was an excellent result at the end of the day, and a huge 👏 for the buds that went there and paid a lot of money to watch it. 

Shame we have saints fans who refuse to even turn up at home games but that's the way its goes. 

Watch the Dons game earlier and they were poor, and got off light against a Hearts team that we should have beaten. 

Looking forward to Wed night now and hopefully the team can do the business. 

Main points for me

Curtis Main - excellent, bullied their defence all day but is defo penalised for being a big guy, should have had a load of fouls for today.

Small - good solid game, gave them plenty to think about

Taylor - good find by Robinson getting better all the time

Strain - what a find he is, great player and runs himself into the ground every game

Carson - great keeper ( although I was not convinced at first but then we have been spoilt recently)

The rest of the team played very well

Jota - why didnt he get a card for the dive or the taking out of Baccus off the ball

Celtics 2 goals - both came from almost nothing but then when they bring on 3 subs worth probably £10mil and we went toe to toe with them.

Great game to watch as a Buddie, yes they had more of the ball but you expect that from a team with multiple times our budget but we took the game to them.

Main was outstanding and could (should) have had a hat trick. Off the park the behaviour of some our young guys and some Celtic fans was appalling. Happy to take the point but unhappy that these young guys think that they represent the values of our club. Moan over!

Changed my mind about going today pretty dodgy decision that by sounds of it.

Many teams like us have got top 6 and just ended season with 5 defeats, apart from a horrible 45 minutes Hibs we have played the bigger teams off the park and we should be sitting here with more points on board.

If we are in same position next Saturday at 12.25 I'll take that, since we got top 6 I've had this overwhelming feeling Trevor Carson will do a Jimmy Glass in 99th minute next week to secure European Football.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

Thought we were very good today and Main was excellent but should have won us fhegame.  Away games getting weirder though. As we left the bus a policeman informed us we had to go a real roundabout route to the ground as the pubs near the ground were very busy and we could get into trouble going past thdm. On informing him I fully intended to enter one of these pubs as I had for very many years he just said Oh OK and let us pass. Being going  there since the seventies with never a hint of trouble.  Police are a pain in the ass.

1 hour ago, Warrior Saint said:

Forum hard man....old guy looking for a fight, pathetic wee guy, jog on wee man..

How are your crystal balls?

Still waiting on your next managerial appointment for Robbo!

His stock is high of that there is no doubt. He may leave in the summer but you have made an announcement that you don’t seem capable of backing up.

Be a warrior! 

In other news Goodwin doing a great job in taking Dundee United down. 
Quite alot of Dundee Utd fans thought Goodwin was a great manager a few weeks ago as did some Aberdeen fans at start of season.

Proper football manager I saw quoted wonder if they feel the same now.

See their defensive mistakes come back big time today although Bruce Anderson scored the 2nd best goal of the day with a great finish.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Quite alot of Dundee Utd fans thought Goodwin was a great manager a few weeks ago as did some Aberdeen fans at start of season.

Proper football manager I saw quoted wonder if they feel the same now.

See their defensive mistakes come back big time today although Bruce Anderson scored the 2nd best goal of the day with a great finish.

IMO the jury was out when he was with us, Aberdeen panicked and jumped in when he/we were on a good, albeit short, run of form.

He was shown up at Aberdeen, had them heading for a relegation battle, got binned and looks like taking United down.

Two teams with bigger resources than us, we dodged a bullet IMO.

59 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Main was outstanding and could (should) have had a hat trick. Off the park the behaviour of some our young guys and some Celtic fans was appalling. Happy to take the point but unhappy that these young guys think that they represent the values of our club. Moan over!

What happened in the ground- the commentary picked up on it ?

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

IMO the jury was out when he was with us, Aberdeen panicked and jumped in when he/we were on a good, albeit short, run of form.

He was shown up at Aberdeen, had them heading for a relegation battle, got binned and looks like taking United down.

Two teams with bigger resources than us, we dodged a bullet IMO.

I was disappointed when Goodwin left, which might have been more down to his "club legend" status rather than his management performance, which was very inconsistent.

I didn't shit the bed during Robbo's bedding in period and thankfully neither did the board.

Robbo is streets ahead of Goodwin and we're incredibly lucky to have him, for now.

We've given every team in the top six a run for their money in at least one game this season and that's solely down to Robbo.:notworthy

25 minutes ago, munoz said:

Few little boys chucking soft drinks at each other. Not much to get excited about. No doubt nowadays there will be calls to close grounds and ban away supports. It was a minor incident.

Who can honestly claim they expected that today? We honestly could have, and possibly should have, won it. 

Everybody knows we have a good team and a good manager. The trouble is they seem to throw it away. 

Europe is back on the menu. We can beat either Aberdeen or Rangers. Hibs have two games against the Old Firm and an Edinburgh derby away at Tynecastle. We need them to lose all three games, and pick up at least three points, unless they get a couple of spankings to equalise goal difference.

Watched the game in the house and thought we were outstanding. 👏  Everyone played well with Main and Taylor being our stand out performers. 

It really does feel like this could be such a massive season. We really need to grab this opportunity of getting European football.

This team are more than capable of getting a win at Pittodrie on Wednesday then take it into the last game.  All assuming Hibs don't get a couple of wins in there next 2 games.

I think we will get something at Pittodrie midweek. 

Edited by Mr Zo

11 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Watched the game in the house and thought we were outstanding. 👏  Everyone played well with Main and Taylor being our stand out performers. 

It really does feel like this could be such a massive season. We really need to grab this opportunity of getting European football.

This team are more than capable of getting a win at Pittodrie on Wednesday then take it into the last game.  All assuming Hibs don't get a couple of wins in there next 2 games.

We really need newco Sevco utd to do us a favour tomorrow. If Hibs lose then its all to play for.

The only thing that might go against us is that so many of our players looked dead on their feet today.

Mon the H**s- , ive just been sick.

3 hours ago, munoz said:

As another poster said…..finished up with drinks getting thrown back and forward. Stewards and police holding our guys back. Sad to say that our young lads spent most of the time not watching the game but instead noising up the Celtic fans ceaselessly.

Took a lot of the shine off the game for me. I clearly am getting old, but I see no value in that behaviour.

1 hour ago, Mr Zo said:

An honest, sensible and positive post.  You're too good for on here, Sir. :notworthy :thumbsup

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

As another poster said…..finished up with drinks getting thrown back and forward. Stewards and police holding our guys back. Sad to say that our young lads spent most of the time not watching the game but instead noising up the Celtic fans ceaselessly.

Took a lot of the shine off the game for me. I clearly am getting old, but I see no value in that behaviour.

I stopped going to away matches after witnessing the kind of behaviour that you describe and worse.  I now go to a few select away games and try to keep away from any fences that may separate us with the home supporters.

Up at Aberdeen, I've witnessed fans from both clubs basically shouting at each other instead of watching the match, I don't understand that either.  One Aberdeen fan was pointing to the "Stone Island" logo on the sleeve of his sweater before spreading his arms out in a "C'mon, let's be 'aving you" gesture before pointing to his "Stone Island" logo again!  Complete and utter stupidity and probably from a guy who wouldn't say boo to a Pomeranian without his mates to back him up!

Then witnessing some of our supporters wearing balaclavas was the decider not to go to as many away games.  Keep all that stuff, along with flares for the Glasgow mobs, it's not welcome amongst the St. Mirren support.

Just seen this on Facebook, not all Old Firm fans are as some would have us belive..........

Celtic fan - I’ve had the privilege of meeting Robbo on a few occasions on flights back to Belfast from Glasgow, such an approachable guy and loves to talk about football. So underrated as a football manager. Masterminded two great results against the best team in Scotland this season, that doesn’t happen by accident 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 fully deserved that point today Saints fans 👍🏻