KIbble Damage Diary

Just now, gorgo said:

Take your not offering an increase in your ticket price

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Sadly not. It’s a step too far for me.
I’m neither a rich chartered accountant or a financial advisor. 

Anyway this is all immaterial. Surely the investment that the club made in the stock market a few years ago will allow us to buy Haaland in the summer? 😝 

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Apologies, missed that. 🤣

At least I can read accounts. 😜

I obviously can’t add up.  Someone said “we are nearly £2M in debt” earlier today. 

Did they mean to say we will still have an outstanding Covid debt of £1.7M?

I’ve put forward a decent argument for servicing this loan and how much cheaper over a 20 year period that amount will become to service against our anticipated rise in revenue.

Obviously we would all rather we did not have that outstanding debt but really what was the alternative? 

I wish my limited company could have got a loan of £1.764M interest free over 20 years!!!

On 5/18/2023 at 6:31 PM, billyg said:

We even had the cringeworthy moment towards the end when AW said , pointing at the Kibble guys , he's a Celtic fan , and he was an Airdrie fan and now supports Rangers , while I've always been a St Mirren fan. It was the last attempted hurrah of a defeated man who thinks he's more important than he actually is. The bottom line is , the Kibble guys aren't going away any time soon , "they have no intention of selling their shares"! Last night was a wasted exercise when the questions from the attendees started, although Alex Dillon did very well in controlling it , and John Needham gave detailed responses to everything that was asked of him. Hopefully we can put this to bed now and concentrate on club matters like keeping the manager , and sorting out the Academy !

Yes Billy, I have noticed quite a few cringeworthy quotes from AW and ( I can only assume) his friend in the press who claimed AW was known by many as Mr., Saint Mirren - many of us have been supporting the Saints for 50 plus years and if anyone has ever heard of any individual being named as such I’d be very surprised, I certainly have never heard anyone being given that title.

46 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Yes Billy, I have noticed quite a few cringeworthy quotes from AW and ( I can only assume) his friend in the press who claimed AW was known by many as Mr., Saint Mirren - many of us have been supporting the Saints for 50 plus years and if anyone has ever heard of any individual being named as such I’d be very surprised, I certainly have never heard anyone being given that title.

I think Tony was known as Mr stmirren, and for good reason. 

Unfortunately not known as a CEO. :rolleyes:
Can't blame Tony for his time as CEO he never had a general manager and John Needham threw him under a bus blaming him for the catering, security, ticket fiasco and the shop

5 hours ago, gorgo said:

Can't blame Tony for his time as CEO he never had a general manager and John Needham threw him under a bus blaming him for the catering, security, ticket fiasco and the shop

Sorry, the "blame" lies with the people/person who appointed him and Tony himself. 

It was very obvious to many that as much as he was/is a legend for his services ON the field he did NOT have the ability to carry out this role with any success.

17 hours ago, gorgo said:

Are you just ignoring the fact we are nearly £2 million in debt.
Agreed £1.2 million is interest free but still equates to 1 first team player each season and we have a BOD that budgets for us finishing 7th.

Stop talking shite ya bum sniffer.

10 hours ago, gorgo said:

Our record of selling players for a big profit is not great.

We pull money in for player sales nearly every set of accounts.

You can't present the player sales as one-off luck moments. Whether we pull in enough for them is another matter altogether but we definitely make money on that front and it's disingenuous to say we don't.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We pull money in for player sales nearly every set of accounts.

You can't present the player sales as one-off luck moments. Whether we pull in enough for them is another matter altogether but we definitely make money on that front and it's disingenuous to say we don't.

It was also very lucky that Baccus played in the World Cup and we received money on the back of that luck! I think he has been really poor since his return.

Pity Strain never made it. He’s been outstanding and I’ll be surprised if we hang on to him. 

It might actually be best if we sell him this summer for good money with 12 months left on his contract.

What often happens with ourselves is we are forced to sell players at the tail end of contract which is not ideal but players/agents hold the trump cards. 

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Don't you accountants understand football?

Let me try to explain, a goalkeeper tries to save penalties against a player who is trying to score. 

How that turns out is just part of football.

As for a lucky cup draw, I would have preferred to have been in ICT's position to get to the final.

I despair at the continual attempts to put our season down to luck or other teams getting us to where we are. 

I probably don’t understand football that’s why I’m on this forum as I’m in good company.

I do know that £000s were made by winning the Dundee game and if we had not (Trevor not saving the penalties) we would not have had £000s from the Celtic game.

14 minutes ago, tlcsaint said:

I probably don’t understand football that’s why I’m on this forum as I’m in good company.

I do know that £000s were made by winning the Dundee game and if we had not (Trevor not saving the penalties) we would not have had £000s from the Celtic game.

Aye, ok, you win. 🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Sorry, the "blame" lies with the people/person who appointed him and Tony himself. 

It was very obvious to many that as much as he was/is a legend for his services ON the field he did NOT have the ability to carry out this role with any success.

Tony was appointed by the old board Stewart Gilmore etc....  just saying 

40 minutes ago, tlcsaint said:

That is a quite hilarious take on something that happens all the time in football. 
if our goalie never saved penalties we wouldn’t have had an away tie against Celtic. Aye bang on. Shame on us for having such a good keeper. 

And maybe if our players weren’t as good as the Dundee players we might have lost the game and it might not even have gone to penalties in the first place. 
And maybe if my Auntie Betty had a set of clackers she’d be my Uncle Tam. 

Desperate, desperate stuff. 🤣

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

12 hours ago, buddiecat said:

"Mr Empty Cider Flagon" , I've heard of him ! 🤣

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That is a quite hilarious take on something that happens all the time in football. 
if our goalie never saved penalties we wouldn’t have had an away tie against Celtic. Aye bang on. Shame on us for having such a good keeper. 

And maybe if our players weren’t as good as the Dundee players we might have lost the game and it might not even have gone to penalties in the first place. 
And maybe if my Auntie Betty had a set of clackers she’d be my Uncle Tam. 

Desperate, desperate stuff. 🤣

Perhaps we need a top 10 luckiest results in St Mirren’s history thread to resolve this?

To counter that we also need a top 10 unluckiest results.

13 hours ago, gorgo said:

Maybe mr., Needham was right.

• 3 months later...