Reasons for optimism

This forum is full of pessimism and despondency, following the games against Morton and Montrose, so I propose a thread to cheer us all up: reasons for optimism.

I'll get the ball rolling.

1) We still have the forward to join us.

3) Robinson was able to get the best out of Main, transforming him from a donkey into one of our best players. It may take some time for him to do the same with some of our recent signings. [emoji4]  
Even the best magicians can't do the same trick exactly the same way twice in a row.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

On 7/16/2023 at 3:39 PM, W6er said:

This forum is full of pessimism and despondency, following the games against Morton and Montrose, so I propose a thread to cheer us all up: reasons for optimism.

I'll get the ball rolling.

1) We still have the forward to join us.

The manager seems unusually cheerful given how shit we have been in the last 2 outings.  Talking about the timing of the group games doesn't make much sense since it is the same for all teams, even with a couple of players moving on the remnants of last year's squad should be dealing with these teams efficiently.  If anything, this clip adds to the notion that the manager doesn't really sweat over the league cup group games

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

The manager seems unusually cheerful given how shit we have been in the last 2 outings.  Talking about the timing of the group games doesn't make much sense since it is the same for all teams, even with a couple of players moving on the remnants of last year's squad should be dealing with these teams efficiently.  If anything, this clip adds to the notion that the manager doesn't really sweat over the league cup group games

5) So, Robinson's has the appearance of a man with a plan! :) 

On 7/16/2023 at 7:55 PM, Ronnie said:

Even the best magicians can't do the same trick exactly the same way twice in a row.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

Don't you think that the best magicians would be upset to think that they do things differently every time?

Magicians do things the same way, as rehearsed, every time.  

2 hours ago, W6er said:

Nothing a decent laxative cannae sort out!

Who mentioned Laxative?

Leave talk of bowel movements to us older guys W6

Each season I start with the thought that survival in the top league is the target.

Anything else is a bonus - in other words we don't need to run any faster than the bottom two clubs to escape.

I would call that pragmatism.

What would I like? A European Place.