Hibernian v St Mirren Scottish League Cup Quarter Final 27/9/23

shull

• shull changed the title to Hibernian v St Mirren Scottish League Cup Quarter Final 27/9/23
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Anyone know if there are any buses with a couple of seats left? The usual ones seem full.

A serious point, if you can't get a supporters bus or drive then the public transport options are OK to get there but a wee bit complex getting home, especially if there is extra time and the usual self-important idiots on  VAR.  Normal time & VAR will see a final whistle at around 21:45 with a brisk walk back to Waverley for the 22:13 to Glasgow.  Extra time and penalties will see the end of the game around 22:20, the only train after that is the 23:13 and you are looking at a 01:00-ish arrival in Glasgow 

BUT, you can get a tram from Picardy place to the airport and then jump on the Glasgow airport bus to Buchanan, The tram takes about 40 minutes to get to the airport and there are Glasgow buses from there right up to midnight

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

A serious point, if you can't get a supporters bus or drive then the public transport options are OK to get there but a wee bit complex getting home, especially if there is extra time and the usual self-important idiots on  VAR.  Normal time & VAR will see a final whistle at around 21:45 with a brisk walk back to Waverley for the 22:13 to Glasgow.  Extra time and penalties will see the end of the game around 22:20, the only train after that is the 23:13 and you are looking at a 01:00-ish arrival in Glasgow 

BUT, you can get a tram from Picardy place to the airport and then jump on the Glasgow airport bus to Buchanan, The tram takes about 40 minutes to get to the airport and there are Glasgow buses from there right up to midnight

My problem isn't the driving. It's more the hassle of parking. My grandson has school the next day so I just want it to be as relaxed as possible. If need be I'll drive and either get there really early and have dinner in Edinburgh or try to park where the buses park up. If it had been a weekend game I'd have taken a chance on Sainsbury's car park. As an aside. IF I do need to drive. Any idea of the best chance of getting parked? The last time I drove to Hibs was more than ten years ago.

£3 40/hour for the metered spaces where the buses park is the best bet, parking is free after 5:30 but beware the LEZ charges if your vehicle is less than cat 5 (usually anything older than 2014)

If you want to eat then with a kid the omni is a good bet but parking IS pricey, probably a tenner for the evening or even £12.50, you can even go to the cinema if the game is shite.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

My problem isn't the driving. It's more the hassle of parking. My grandson has school the next day so I just want it to be as relaxed as possible. If need be I'll drive and either get there really early and have dinner in Edinburgh or try to park where the buses park up. If it had been a weekend game I'd have taken a chance on Sainsbury's car park. As an aside. IF I do need to drive. Any idea of the best chance of getting parked? The last time I drove to Hibs was more than ten years ago.

I parked at the OMNi Car Park earlier in the season.....a wee bite to eat and a stroll down to Easter Road (10-15mins).

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I used justpark.com a few years ago and it was excellent. Got place round corner from ground easy to get away after game. Think it was about £4.50 for the afternoon.

Going to Easter Road next Weds on the train for a few beers in Edinburgh. Looking at timings of trains home, could be an issue if game goes to extra penalty and penalties? 

Last train to Paisley is at 12.15. Need to get train from Waverley at 10.45 to make that. Taking into account walk to the station, extra time and pens would mean no chance of making the the 10.45?

Either leave early or Saints fans fighting for taxis back to Paisley?

Any thoughts? 

26 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Going to Easter Road next Weds on the train for a few beers in Edinburgh. Looking at timings of trains home, could be an issue if game goes to extra penalty and penalties? 

Last train to Paisley is at 12.15. Need to get train from Waverley at 10.45 to make that. Taking into account walk to the station, extra time and pens would mean no chance of making the the 10.45?

Either leave early or Saints fans fighting for taxis back to Paisley?

Any thoughts? 

My thoughts are I’ve never been to a game that has went to extra penalty and penalties 🤔

On 9/19/2023 at 2:07 PM, stlucifer said:

It's evening so easier than daytime. Could try Royal Terrace if London Rd doesn't have space.  Or even Regent Rd. They are not as close as some possibilities but you shouldn't get held up by traffic getting away. 

LEZ is not being enforced yet in Edinburgh.

On 9/19/2023 at 2:20 PM, beyond our ken said:

£3 40/hour for the metered spaces where the buses park is the best bet, parking is free after 5:30 but beware the LEZ charges if your vehicle is less than cat 5 (usually anything older than 2014)

If you want to eat then with a kid the omni is a good bet but parking IS pricey, probably a tenner for the evening or even £12.50, you can even go to the cinema if the game is shite.

I thought they hadn't introduced the LEZ yet.

8 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I made a mistake, we all know you are the liar around here.

You made a mistake but when I make a mistake it's a lie? :lol:

Anyhow, I never said you lied, I said you make up stuff on a regular basis and pass it off as fact, more a fantasist. 

Nowhere near as smart as you think you are. :byebye

On 9/20/2023 at 7:32 PM, chalky1 said:

St.Mirren v Morton Challange Cup 2005/06 I think. 3 - 1 down in the shoot out. Few weeks later we lifted the trophy through at Airdrie

On 9/20/2023 at 10:44 PM, DougJamie said:

East Kilbride in Diddy Cup few years back...we were 2 nil down got back ET then pens.... the EK fans came in one car i think

Read SD post again . 😎😂