St Mirren v Hibernian SPFL Premiership 8/11/23

shull

• shull changed the title to St Mirren v Hibernian SPFL Premiership 8/11/23
  • 3 weeks later...

Relatively few tickets sold for this one compared to other recent games. I'm guessing that's because it's a midweek fixture and it's beginning to get a wee bit colder. Personally, I love games under the lights. :) 

Any fitness concerns for this one?

Relatively few tickets sold for this one compared to other recent games. I'm guessing that's because it's a midweek fixture and it's beginning to get a wee bit colder. Personally, I love games under the lights. [emoji4] 
Yeah, I hurt my knee at a game last week. Should be fit for the weekend. Thanks for asking. [emoji6]

10 hours ago, W6er said:

Relatively few tickets sold for this one compared to other recent games. I'm guessing that's because it's a midweek fixture and it's beginning to get a wee bit colder. Personally, I love games under the lights. :) 

I assume the family stand takes a big hit in numbers for midweek games with weans not being allowed to evening games. 
Out of curiosity can everyone remember the first evening game they attended by themselves or with mates?

This was my first…..

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1976&GameID=197702070

I was 10 years old. Seems a bit mental now that parents would let their kids do such things at such a young age. I certainly wouldn’t have let my kids do that. 
That said I do believe we were a lot smarter/savvy as kids back in those days. 

38 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I assume the family stand takes a big hit in numbers for midweek games with weans not being allowed to evening games. 
Out of curiosity can everyone remember the first evening game they attended by themselves or with mates?

This was my first…..

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1976&GameID=197702070

I was 10 years old. Seems a bit mental now that parents would let their kids do such things at such a young age. I certainly wouldn’t have let my kids do that. 

I can't.

That was a good attendance: 6,942. Fergie's Furies - it just goes to show that the town will turn out in numbers if the team's performing well.  

31 minutes ago, W6er said:

I can't.

That was a good attendance: 6,942. Fergie's Furies - it just goes to show that the town will turn out in numbers if the team's performing well.  

Yeah it was only a week or so after the big cup win against Dundee Utd which we’d followed up with a home win against Dundee. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

This was my first…..

Would need to think about that one but I know for a fact that this game was the first I was ever part of the North Bank

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1973&GameID=197308290

My cousin and I sneaked away from my Dad and Uncle in the wee enclosure and headed round to be with the “ big boys” We had to sneak back to enclosure at HT and then back to NB for  the second half We were losing until late on,got an equaliser then I remember the NB singing “All we are saying is give us a goal” and we went up the park and scored the winner Back round to meet the parents at FT and that was me a member of the North Bank 🏁🙂🏁

Strange how I struggle to remember what I did yesterday but wee stories like that stick in your mind forever 

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

Would need to think about that one but I know for a fact that this game was the first I was ever part of the North Bank

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1973&GameID=197308290

My cousin and I sneaked away from my Dad and Uncle in the wee enclosure and headed round to be with the “ big boys” We had to sneak back to enclosure at HT and then back to NB for  the second half We were losing until late on,got an equaliser then I remember the NB singing “All we are saying is give us a goal” and we went up the park and scored the winner Back round to meet the parents at FT and that was me a member of the North Bank 🏁🙂🏁

Strange how I struggle to remember what I did yesterday but wee stories like that stick in your mind forever 

Funnily enough the game I posted was probably my first time properly in the Northbank too. The previous games I’d been to were with my 2 uncles and although we were in the North terracing we were much further over towards the East terrace. First couple of games I sat on the wall I think. 
But that Dumbarton game was my first time in the midst of it. Loved it, especially as it was a night game and the atmosphere was always that little bit better. 

9 minutes ago, HSS said:

First away game on a bus,The Tudor,without parental supervision would be this one………………..

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1977&GameID=197803180

That game !! I was in the Tudor lounge having lunch with my heavily pregnant wife. I wasn't planning on going to the game. Toshie was doing his rounds in the pub and asked why I wasn't going , I told him the situ re my missus and he said there were two spare seats , and he wouldn't charge for her. So we went , and when that late winner went in I got caught up in the celebrations , only to glimpse the good lady flat on her back on the terrace , but she was ok , and we won and just about guaranteed our survival ! 😇

34 minutes ago, HSS said:

First away game on a bus,The Tudor,without parental supervision would be this one………………..

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1977&GameID=197803180

Ha ha. I was on that same bus!! 
Think this was my first unsupervised away game.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1977&GameID=197710050

43 minutes ago, billyg said:

I remember you telling me that the first time we met was outside the Market Bar in Montrose,no doubt with a bottle of coke and a bag of crisps in hand 

You got the details of that one?

47 minutes ago, billyg said:

That game !! I was in the Tudor lounge having lunch with my heavily pregnant wife. I wasn't planning on going to the game. Toshie was doing his rounds in the pub and asked why I wasn't going , I told him the situ re my missus and he said there were two spare seats , and he wouldn't charge for her. So we went , and when that late winner went in I got caught up in the celebrations , only to glimpse the good lady flat on her back on the terrace , but she was ok , and we won and just about guaranteed our survival ! 😇

I heard you dropped Carol while trying to give Leanne a lift-over

8 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

This was my first…..

Pretty sure mine was the Slavia 1985 UEFA Cup tie. It's certainly my most memorable. A brilliant night.

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Oooft. What an occasion for your first night game. Atmosphere was electric that night. 

I'm sure I've posted this before, but from behind the goals I remember thinking what a great away support Slavia had in the away end of the North Bank, until it was pointed out that they were all buddies. The place seemed to be rammed.

3 hours ago, Smithers Jones said:

I'm sure I've posted this before, but from behind the goals I remember thinking what a great away support Slavia had in the away end of the North Bank, until it was pointed out that they were all buddies. The place seemed to be rammed.

I know. And the attendance is listed as something like 11000. My arse. 🤣🤣

And that was at a time when the stadium held at least 27000. 

16 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

This was my first…..

First one I can remember is the 1971 Scottish Cup replay against East fife I went to all 3 games,   

On a different topic the first game I can remember being at was when Saints beat Rangers 1-0 on a foggy day in 1968.  remember it like it was yesterday, I was more fascinated with the crowd than the actual game, They had all came to see their new hero Colin Stein 42,000+  but what sticks in my mind was every so often a small circle would appear in a part of the crowd as a fight broke out, happened so many times during the game {did anyone else see that}

Even as a 10 yrs old my thoughts were, and still are to this day it was a miracle there wasn't a major disaster at that game, No way should they have let so many into that game. we got very lucky that day and I'm not talking about the score, it was scary stuff, 

Anyway just like today's Rangers fans,  I watched in bewilderment { why are they leaving dad the games not finished } as they left in their droves round the running track long before full time spitting and cursing at the saints fans in the stand and the enclosure where I was

There's must be more on here who were at that game, 

10 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

On a different topic the first game I can remember being at was when Saints beat Rangers 1-0 on a foggy day in 1968.  remember it like it was yesterday 

That's the first game I have clear memories of, even though I know I was at plenty before that with my old man. We were in the Love Street end of the terracing, surrounded by **** foaming at the mouth.

The 68 game was just a wee year to early for me I was going to the football that season but I wouldn’t have been taken to that one

The first game I remember v the original rangers would have been in the Scottish Cup of 70/71

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1970&GameID=197102130

Firrst against sellic would have been the same season on the night we were relegated ☹️

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1970&GameID=197104270

This would have been a good topic on its own instead of hijacking the Hibs thread