Dundee v St. Mirren, Armistice Day

W6er

1 minute ago, beyond our ken said:

no

just a gutless bunch who think the only letters in team are m&e

A slight overreaction for a “supporter” of a team currently 3rd in the league in front of teams with budgets 3,4,5 times greater than us.

Plus the manager stated there had been a sickness throughout the squad that’s impacted the last two games. 

Why don’t you go to the training ground on Monday and tell the manager and players what you think of them.

Now that would take guts. 

4 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

No, I didn't. I made a simple mistake in misreading your post. Some of us are quite willing to accept when we make an error, while others resorts to libelous accusations.  I trust you will accept YOUR mistake

That's not true, is it?

You didn't misread my post.

You checked up on me then waded in based on an incorrect assumption from something you misread.

Totally needless and avoidable. 

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

That's not true, is it?

You didn't misread my post.

You checked up on me then waded in based on an incorrect assumption from something you misread.

Totally needless and avoidable. 

It's entirely true. I read your post wrongly and commented on it based on my misinterpretation. I was wrong. I accept that. There's no need to accuse someone of lying. It would have been sufficient to say "you're wrong" or "I didn't do that". But you can't help yourself, can you?

9 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

A slight overreaction for a “supporter” of a team currently 3rd in the league in front of teams with budgets 3,4,5 times greater than us.

Plus the manager stated there had been a sickness throughout the squad that’s impacted the last two games. 

Why don’t you go to the training ground on Monday and tell the manager and players what you think of them.

Now that would take guts. 

The problem is

you are just a troublemaker 

please go and annoy someone who gives a shit about what you think

8 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

It's entirely true. I read your post wrongly and commented on it based on my misinterpretation. I was wrong. I accept that. There's no need to accuse someone of lying. It would have been sufficient to say "you're wrong" or "I didn't do that". But you can't help yourself, can you?

Not sure why you are making an issue here or being antagonist when I have no truck with you.

Guess who the last person to look up my profile was?

Why you chose to wade in I don't know... but you are very much in the wrong and I stand by my original statement.

All this for trying to be positive in the face of defeat! 🤐

12 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

You're the one making an issue of it.  I've already said I was wrong, but you don't seem to be able to accept that.

You said you read my post wrong.

You repeated that.

Nothing in my post was wrong.

You went out of your way to look up my profile in order to make a point. Then you cocked up.

Keep wading. 

If picking an argument unnecessarily, try not to be so sensitive. 

Not quite sure what point you're trying to make. So, I looked up your profile? Big deal. I've looked up dozens of profiles on here. I didn't say anything was wrong in your post. I said, very clearly, that I read it wrong.  I got involved initially because I thought you were being unfair to Basil (for once). That's the point of forums such as these - to get involved.

3 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Not quite sure what point you're trying to make. So, I looked up your profile? Big deal. I've looked up dozens of profiles on here. I didn't say anything was wrong in your post. I said, very clearly, that I read it wrong.  I got involved initially because I thought you were being unfair to Basil (for once). That's the point of forums such as these - to get involved.

So you read something in my post...

Decided to wade in.

To prove a point you went fishing.

You then made a wrong assumption after looking up my profile to prove me wrong.

Now you play the offended card. 

This is funnier than anything on TV tonight by a mile. 

53 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Trouble when we do lose is this forum goes into meltdown... bunch of WUMS and knickerwetters.

Might be a few tick tocks soon

Meaning folk might get banned? 

I heard today that many of our players have been ill with some sort of virus. Might that account for the dreadful performance? 

Poor performance yesterday. Players slow to react , Dundee first to every loose ball and much sharper in possession. No point naming individual players , it was just bad all round. I'm sure the players will know that without needing to be told. There were signs of something similar against Hibs on Wednesday, but we managed to scrape a point out of that game. Maybe the illness in the camp had something to do with it, but well below the standard of play we've become used to.

The break next weekend should give everyone time to recover from any illness and put the required work in on the training ground to get this out of their system. 

As supporters (the clue is in the name) we should remember that these are the players who have put the club in its present strong position in the league and give them a chance to put things right. Next two games (Livi and Ross County) are eminently winnable, so let's wait till then before barracking them about their performance.

COYS!!

Just now, pondsman said:

Poor performance yesterday. Players slow to react , Dundee first to every loose ball and much sharper in possession. No point naming individual players , it was just bad all round. I'm sure the players will know that without needing to be told. There were signs of something similar against Hibs on Wednesday, but we managed to scrape a point out of that game. Maybe the illness in the camp had something to do with it, but well below the standard of play we've become used to.

The break next weekend should give everyone time to recover from any illness and put the required work in on the training ground to get this out of their system. 

As supporters (the clue is in the name) we should remember that these are the players who have put the club in its present strong position in the league and give them a chance to put things right. Next two games (Livi and Ross County) are eminently winnable, so let's wait till then before barracking them about their performance.

COYS!!

Indeed.

You get the impression some "supporters" were eagerly anticipating a defeat and quickly forgot the previous league results and performances. 

Simply not good enough but it’s only one game. We are having a brilliant season and as stated before still remember some of that 90’s dross.

I’m still haunted by Peter Duffield scoring late winners against us.

In short, everyone in the team has a reality check and comes back ready for the fight once more.

COYS!

37 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

Simply not good enough but it’s only one game. We are having a brilliant season and as stated before still remember some of that 90’s dross.

I’m still haunted by Peter Duffield scoring late winners against us.

In short, everyone in the team has a reality check and comes back ready for the fight once more.

COYS!

We could have a Thread remembering St Mirren in the 1990's..

From Misery To Happiness.

Who wants to start it ?

7 hours ago, W6er said:

Meaning folk might get banned? 

I heard today that many of our players have been ill with some sort of virus. Might that account for the dreadful performance? 

When you get people on this forum wanting us thrashed yes...seriously this forum used to have banter now its has quite a few WUMs ....

Yes a virus has hit us....2 years ago game would be off.... hopefully a long rest and we will be back... still only lost 5 this season and won 10 ....take that any November

To be honest, given how horrendous a performance yesterday was, I think generally the criticism has been fairly measured and I think that’s because supporters DO recognise what has gone before. 
But just because we’ve been good so far, shouldn’t excuse the players from criticism when they are as bad as they were yesterday. 
As has been said though, hopefully the break is coming at a good time for us and we can sort out what has gone wrong in the last couple of games.

My main concern is the possibility that other teams have worked us out and started playing us at our own game. If that’s the case and they end up being better at it than us, Robbo is going to need to come up with a different plan. 

13 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Still wrong.

His name according to our official website is:

STAV NAHMANI

“Stav Nahmani joined St Mirren on loan from Maccabi Haifa until the end of the 2023/24 season with the Buddies holding an option to make the transfer permanent. “

He is a very young player who is having to deal with some personal issues back home while trying to settle in this country. For you to suggest he goes “back up the road” because he can’t get in the starting lineup is fcuking ridiculous. 

Cool, him. Different spellings from different sources so who knows who’s right/ could be both are acceptable. I’m sure most will agree it’s pretty pedantic either way. (Maybe Slarti will obsess over it with you for several years though.) 

Hope he gets a shot. If he’s in the right frame of mind for the bench, he can contribute on the park IMO.

My point on that was, if we are just not going to give him any form of a chance while  our other strikers are miss-firing, doesn’t seem much point in being here. 

Seems like another example of a person choosing to argue with me for the sake of arguing. That’s so 2018… :whistle

16 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

You must be on crack Ian/Shull with all your tedious shite. Even now it’s weird all your aliases liking each of your posts.

So wind your neck in and fcuk off. 

Do you know how I can tell when someone on here is "rattled", as "your friend" calls it?  It's when they accuse me of being Shull.

My name isn't Ian either and it's very interesting that "your friend" has "liked" your post given that he himself has taken umbrage at people calling him "Robert" on here before.

No need for any neck winding from anyone, just maybe reduce your tedious trolling.