Kilmarnock v St Mirren 16/3/24

On 3/4/2024 at 12:06 PM, beyond our ken said:

The game against Killie is massive for us (as is away to Motherwell) at this point as we will need a cushion going into the last 2 pre-split games.  We should beat Motherwell 

Is this Motherwell that beat Rangers ? 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/9/2024 at 3:14 AM, shull said:

We were all in the Paddock End of Pittodrie.

We all had great expectations from our marvellous team.

Unfortunately, another disappointing day. ( Lost 2-0)

Been many of those disappointments since 1877.

Full house at Pittodrie that day,turnstile were closed before kick off Had we won we would’ve been in a very good position to win the league

20 hours ago, HSS said:

Full house at Pittodrie that day,turnstile were closed before kick off Had we won we would’ve been in a very good position to win the league

Yep, I was 14 at the time and travelled up on the train with my schoolmates as all the supporter buses were full.

They closed the gates just after me and my mates got in about 10 minutes before kick off, I never heard of any Saints fans who never made it in, but there was a few thousand Sheep supporters locked out. ( the joys of the old pay at the gate days ). 

As you pointed out I think we would have won the league with wins in the last 4 games, 

From a fading memory think we Lost 2-0 to Aberdeen, lost 2-0 to an already relegated Hibs, drew 0-0 with Celtic and beat Rangers 4-1.

Edited by Jimmy H

47 minutes ago, Jimmy H said:

Yep, I was 14 at the time and travelled up on the train with my schoolmates as all the supporter buses were full.

They closed the gates just after me and my mates got in about 10 minutes before kick off, I never heard of any Saints fans who never made it in, but there was a few thousand Sheep supporters locked out. ( the joys of the old pay at the gate days ). 

As you pointed out I think we would have won the league with wins in the last 4 games, 

From a fading memory think we Lost 2-0 to Aberdeen, lost 2-0 to an already relegated Hibs, drew 0-0 with Celtic and beat Rangers 4-1.

Stop lying aboot yer age and trying to make it look like yer no an auld cant.

You were 16 in 1980 no 14.  😄

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Stop lying aboot yer age and trying to make it look like yer no an auld cant.

You were 16 in 1980 no 14.  😄

I was 15 at the time of that match actually, got mixed up with it being season 79/80, so stop being a cheeky f”cker and stalking me, you’re like one of my ex birds FFS LOL.

Not letting you into my local again. 😂

Edited by Jimmy H

Me and two mates ( Spencey and big Davy C ) ran a bus to the Aberdeen v St Mirren game in 1980 . A full bus left the cellar bar at £3.25 a ticket . Mind chapping the door of the guy who ran Carruth buses , who lived on Caledonia Street and agreeing to pay him in advance .

Edited by MenstrieSaint

2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Me and two mates ( Spencey and big Davy C ) ran a bus to the Aberdeen v St Mirren game in 1980 . A full bus left the cellar bar at £3.25 a ticket . Mind chapping the door of the guy who ran Carruth buses , who lived on Caledonia Street and agreeing to pay him in advance .

Ahhhh the good old Cellar Bar.

The first pub ever to serve me alcohol.

Before the Aberdeen cup semi at Parkhead in April 82.

I was 15 (although only a month before my 16th). 

Getting nervous now . Tickets bought pub at 11 in Glasgow train with some drinks to calm the nerves.

Thinking this will be a tight one, Killie have more pressure so hoping that will mean they need to open up. 

Think our bench will make the difference we will go 1 down before half time and turn it round to win 2 - 1 late on for bedlam to erupt! 

25 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Getting nervous now . Tickets bought pub at 11 in Glasgow train with some drinks to calm the nerves.

Thinking this will be a tight one, Killie have more pressure so hoping that will mean they need to open up. 

Think our bench will make the difference we will go 1 down before half time and turn it round to win 2 - 1 late on for bedlam to erupt! 

Sounds like the game against the Sheep, wasn’t it the 2 subs who scored the late goals  😂

Edited by Jimmy H

1 hour ago, Jimmy H said:

Sounds like the game against the Sheep, wasn’t it the 2 subs who scored the late goals  😂

Yes! I see it being very similar. We have some cracking players to come off the bench and make a difference.

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Tonights gamers, preferred results................

Dundee v Aberdeen     HOME WIN (Loving the meltdown by Aberdeen fans, long may it continue.

Ross County v Hibs HOME WIN, sooner them hard nuts to crack, Livingston, are down the better. :byebye

image.png.64b96cd1ed7db9a5afbbef3e38cf5f62.png

I think I would prefer to see a bit of an Aberdeen revival as they play Motherwell and Dundee twice before the split and that would assist our top 6 chances.

Happy to see them lose their other two games against Livingston and Ross County to help with the meltdown.

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Tonights gamers, preferred results................

Dundee v Aberdeen     HOME WIN (Loving the meltdown by Aberdeen fans, long may it continue.

Ross County v Hibs HOME WIN, sooner them hard nuts to crack, Livingston, are down the better. :byebye

image.png.64b96cd1ed7db9a5afbbef3e38cf5f62.png

1 hour ago, ianmac said:

I think I would prefer to see a bit of an Aberdeen revival as they play Motherwell and Dundee twice before the split and that would assist our top 6 chances.

Happy to see them lose their other two games against Livingston and Ross County to help with the meltdown.

Yes, as much as I'm absolutely loving the Aberdeen carnage, I think my preferred result in that game is a draw, although if Ross Co can beat Hibs I'd be happy with a Dundee win as I'm less concerned about them than I am about Hibs (speaking from a European place POV rather than a top 6 one).

53 minutes ago, eckthesaint said:

Bing Videos

Not a league game but remember being rammed into Fir Park for this cup game in the 70's.

FECK VIC DAVIDSON , CHEATING DIVING BASSA.

FECK PETTIGREW, THE SNOTTERY NOSED GREASY CNUT 

FECK MOTHERWELL 

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yes, as much as I'm absolutely loving the Aberdeen carnage, I think my preferred result in that game is a draw, although if Ross Co can beat Hibs I'd be happy with a Dundee win as I'm less concerned about them than I am about Hibs (speaking from a European place POV rather than a top 6 one).

Was my first ever away game. I was behind the goal McGarvey scored in. 

ETA - Bugger! Quoted the wrong post. Sure you knew what I meant. 😄

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

33 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Was my first ever away game. I was behind the goal McGarvey scored in. 

ETA - Bugger! Quoted the wrong post. Sure you knew what I meant. 😄

I was behind the same goal