What If We Finish 7Th?

seventh place finish would really put the cat amongst the pigeons for the 'Hate Danny' brigade..... f**k me they would have to have the front to still call for him to be sacked despite achieving the best top league Finnish since whenever coupled with winning a national trophy......

I mean if we Finish seventh surely he,s gash....?

No?

I'm talking about the future success of st mirren , what would you like to talk about?

Read the question you ended the original Post with

Would you still want him gone? If so why?

It's just another needless thread about Danny Lennon staying or going. Why not start a thread about the teams performance against a Hibs team or how well they played with 10 men for the last 61 mins. Get lots of positive responses, by asking if you would keep Danny or Sack him we are just going to go through the motions of the endless threads that are currently running. The Danny lovers will be on board with you, the Danny haters will again post the same stuff they have been posting for years.

Don't really see why people are so desperate to get rid of him, there are another 4 teams all whom have had very similar seasons to ourselves and are separated by 3 points.

Yes we have been dyer in a lot of games but over the course we have competed with at least half of the league. That coupled with a league cup win last season and im left a bit baffled as to what our supporters want? Top 6, European qualification? Well that's not down to Danny, that's down to a lack of funds and lack of ambition at times from the way our club is run. Happy to finish just above the relegation places every year. IMO Danny has done as good a job as anyone else is going to with the resources at the club.

That would mean Danny has led us to a third successful season in a row

8th place finish

League cup winners

7th place finish

All whilst brining through exciting young players.

It won't be for us to decide.

Don't really see why people are so desperate to get rid of him, there are another 4 teams all whom have had very similar seasons to ourselves and are separated by 3 points.

Yes we have been dyer in a lot of games but over the course we have competed with at least half of the league. That coupled with a league cup win last season and im left a bit baffled as to what our supporters want? Top 6, European qualification? Well that's not down to Danny, that's down to a lack of funds and lack of ambition at times from the way our club is run. Happy to finish just above the relegation places every year. IMO Danny has done as good a job as anyone else is going to with the resources at the club.

Very good post..

seventh place finish would really put the cat amongst the pigeons for the 'Hate Danny' brigade..... f**k me they would have to have the front to still call for him to be sacked despite achieving the best top league Finnish since whenever coupled with winning a national trophy......

I mean if we Finish seventh surely he,s gash....?

No?

Who hates Danny Lennon?

If we finish seventh it'll be the a helluva comeback especially after the performance against the Fakes and the post-match interview that followed and he'd have a fair case for arguing that he deserves a new contract.

We're a bottom six team and I expect us to be in or around the relegation zone most seasons in a top division of twelve so overall seventh or "best of the diddies" would be a decent achievement in the league and satisfy criteria I've set for judging managers in the past but I'm gonna change my mind and say no, the general awfulness of the last two transfer windows and the long spells of dismal performances have been too much for me - no new contract!

Oh and there's still four games to go and we're not clear of eleventh spot yet, I still think there's a few twists and turns left this season.

We sacked the previous manager despite him twice getting us out of the First Division, established in the SPL, getting us to our highest league finish in 2 decades, first cup final in 23 years, first Scottish Cup Semi Final in 22 years, first wins over Rangers & Celtic in 2 decades, biggest win over Celtic in over 100 years, etc, etc...

and all from a starting position of a third successive battle against relegation to the Second Division, £3 million debt, no training facilities and a shit youth system.

The hypocritical Gus hating knicker wetters set the criteria.

Based on that criteria then Danny Lennon can certainly be sacked.

Oh and there's still four games to go and we're not clear of eleventh spot yet, I still think there's a few twists and turns left this season.

And it needs to be remembered that with Rangers & effectively Hearts out of the equation then 11th spot is effectively 13th spot on a like for like comparison with pre 2012 days...

Last season was our lowest non Old Firm clubs top flight league finish in 40 years!

And it needs to be remembered that with Rangers & effectively Hearts out of the equation then 11th spot is effectively 13th spot on a like for like comparison with pre 2012 days...

Last season was our lowest non Old Firm clubs top flight league finish in 40 years!

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Can't wait for next seasons new "alias" or has it made an appearance already?

Doesn't matter, nobody listens anymore. bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

When the league is as tight as it is, I don't think it makes sense to make too much of league placings. I think a manager should be judged on how well they have used the resources available, and how many points we finished with, how many goals we scored, how many victories we recorded etc over a season.

Last season was pretty tight from Dundee United in 6th (finished 6 points ahead of us) down to us in 11th. I think we finished 3 or 4 points short of our previous best ever SPL total and 8th place finish the season before but some people thought it was a sackable performance.

We sacked the previous manager despite him twice getting us out of the First Division, established in the SPL, getting us to our highest league finish in 2 decades, first cup final in 23 years, first Scottish Cup Semi Final in 22 years, first wins over Rangers & Celtic in 2 decades, biggest win over Celtic in over 100 years, etc, etc...

and all from a starting position of a third successive battle against relegation to the Second Division, £3 million debt, no training facilities and a shit youth system.

I've seen posts from you under your previous names calling for Gus's head.

You're boring mate

Read the question you ended the original Post with

It's just another needless thread about Danny Lennon staying or going. Why not start a thread about the teams performance against a Hibs team or how well they played with 10 men for the last 61 mins. Get lots of positive responses, by asking if you would keep Danny or Sack him we are just going to go through the motions of the endless threads that are currently running. The Danny lovers will be on board with you, the Danny haters will again post the same stuff they have been posting for years.

Away and pish.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I ask who you believe are "the hypocritical Gus hating knicker wetters"?

Can I ask who you believe are "the hypocritical Gus hating knicker wetters"?

I'd imagine they are the same people who are hypocritical Danny hating knicker wetters.

I don't imagine being a "hypocritical hating knicker wetter" is something that is brought on by a anothers personality.