Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Ladies/Gents

My calls for a speculation section so far have been unanswered!

I think we need a special section for the questions such as

Who should we sign?

Who would you like us to sign?

What players are currently free and looking for a club and may do a job for St Mirren?

There IS a place for speculation, we ALL like to do it and thus far this forum does not really allow us to do it without comments (from people like me) such as "thats not a rumour".

So please speculate here (and if you believe in such a section then maybe the mods will see it too) and it may make the rumour mill slighty more credible!

I shall start

Goalkeeper...I would love us to go for Jamie Langfield

Defence......Keep Will Haining

Midfield.....Marcus Niculae now that he has been released?

Striker....Leigh Griffiths?

Joe O'Cearuill - Remember him?

Has been released by his current club (St Patricks Athletic).

I personally was impressed by him when he was here on trial, standout against Rangers reserves (apart from Tcham N'Toya).

Maybe bring him back on trial because he was wanting to join us. He's now a ROI internationalist and probably a good shout for a long term replacement for Haining/Potter.

Joe O'Cearuill - Remember him?

Has been released by his current club (St Patricks Athletic).

I personally was impressed by him when he was here on trial, standout against Rangers reserves (apart from Tcham N'Toya).

Maybe bring him back on trial because he was wanting to join us. He's now a ROI internationalist and probably a good shout for a long term replacement for Haining/Potter.

Who?? :P if he's not good enough for some nobody team like St. Patricks athletic why should he be good enough for saints? I think we should stick to players we know play well in the SPL and we should think about some of the relegated ICT player e.g Foran Imrie or Morais

will be interesting to see if we go back in for stevie smith,would be a decent left back and what about going for andy webster?is that a realistic shout?see hes been made available as the h**s want to free up spaces in there squad

Yes Websters a great shout...that's the lad who signed for the h*ns maybe two years ago and had just about been injured since...get him onboard!!