Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Who?? :P if he's not good enough for some nobody team like St. Patricks athletic why should he be good enough for saints? I think we should stick to players we know play well in the SPL and we should think about some of the relegated ICT player e.g Foran Imrie or Morais

He's a youngster with caps....

What about going for Grégory Tadé who has been released by Clyde. There was someone on here talking awhile back about him being no bad. I know he is from the lower leagues but Dundee Utd seem to be good at picking some talented players from lower divisions. He is youngish and could be a squad player. from his stats it looks like he isnt afaid to take a shot which i think we do need.

what people think? I know he is a midfielder but he is an attacking minded one at that.

A short term Goalie possibility to consider might be Greg Sutton, Canadian International keeper.

Just released by Toronto FC due to the strict salary guidelines for all MLS teams.

Only 32, approx 6' 5" and certainly experienced enough to do a job in the first team if required, as a back up to Howard.

Was reading in the paper that hughes has released young Ross Chisholm from Hibs and he is looking for a new club! now watching him at the tail end of this season on the tv he looked a real prospect and I am very surprised to him looking for work!!!!! I hope that Gus reads the same paper as me and gives this young lad a chance to come to Saints and continue his hard work rate ! I see him as an ideal replacement for HM!(should he get injured or the groin does not allow him to start the season) as he can defend well and is good at picking out a pass!!!! Thoughts of the B&W PPL please?

Was reading in the paper that hughes has released young Ross Chisholm from Hibs and he is looking for a new club! now watching him at the tail end of this season on the tv he looked a real prospect and I am very surprised to him looking for work!!!!! I hope that Gus reads the same paper as me and gives this young lad a chance to come to Saints and continue his hard work rate ! I see him as an ideal replacement for HM!(should he get injured or the groin does not allow him to start the season) as he can defend well and is good at picking out a pass!!!! Thoughts of the B&W PPL please?

This is what the hibs fans think

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=109437

Guest barney

Filipe Morais set to quit relegated Inverness Caledonian Thistle to stay in SPL

May 28 2009

FILIPE Morais is set to knock back the offer of a new deal at Inverness and quit for a new challenge in the SPL or in England.

The former Chelsea and Millwall winger scored five goals in 14 appearances for Caley Thistle after moving from Hibs in January under a cloud following his conviction for assaulting an Edinburgh doorman.

But despite Inverness boss Terry Butcher's desire to keep him in the Highlands as the club prepare for life in the First Division, the 23-year-old Portuguese is looking to take up an offer from one of a number of clubs who have been alerted by his recent fine form.

Morais said: "Terry wants to keep me and has offered me a deal.

"There are ongoing talks with my agent although I don't yet know the details. ButTerry knows I have other clubs interested and I'm probably not going to stay at Inverness "I've a couple of offers from the SPL and back down south and I'm deciding what to do. It's been a crazy season but it could help me in the end.

"All I wanted to do when I left Hibs was get playing games again and get people watching. I was the forgotten man at Easter Road due to my problems. My agent has worked hard and given me options in case we were relegated.

"Relegation been really hard to take. The boys were in the tears, it was dreadful. It's a family club and you get really attached to people. It was hard to see them like that."

good player, available, likes a swedge - perfect!

May 28 2009

FILIPE Morais is set to knock back the offer of a new deal at Inverness and quit for a new challenge in the SPL or in England.

The former Chelsea and Millwall winger scored five goals in 14 appearances for Caley Thistle after moving from Hibs in January under a cloud following his conviction for assaulting an Edinburgh doorman.

But despite Inverness boss Terry Butcher's desire to keep him in the Highlands as the club prepare for life in the First Division, the 23-year-old Portuguese is looking to take up an offer from one of a number of clubs who have been alerted by his recent fine form.

"There are ongoing talks with my agent although I don't yet know the details. ButTerry knows I have other clubs interested and I'm probably not going to stay at Inverness "I've a couple of offers from the SPL and back down south and I'm deciding what to do. It's been a crazy season but it could help me in the end.

"All I wanted to do when I left Hibs was get playing games again and get people watching. I was the forgotten man at Easter Road due to my problems. My agent has worked hard and given me options in case we were relegated.

"Relegation been really hard to take. The boys were in the tears, it was dreadful. It's a family club and you get really attached to people. It was hard to see them like that."

Gus get him signed.The fact that is the kind of player we need I would expect Gus to firmly ignore him :rolleyes:

May 28 2009

A winger.....at st.mirren......:S:S:S Gus would never have it :P

Would love to see him at the club just don't no weather Gus has the balls to sign someone who passes the ball forward!