Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

If were going to go down the route of Higdon/Mehmet strike force then i think were going to rely on some good quality balls into the box, something I think we really lacked last year. Before the end of Aug I think we still need:

- A winger - good quality crosses into the box where we have height.

- A central def - Mair looks the business but like many others I don't think potter has the command of his area that he should have.

we may also still loose dorman before the end of the month, that will leave us short of creativity and attacking midfielders.

But would settle for 2 more signings.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if a return for Franco Miranda is still possible?

I notice that the Argentine season has been postponed due to the debt crisis over there with many clubs unable to pay their players. It seems a strange logic that postponing games will improve cash flow though?? Although I did read it was a move to try and get the TV companies to stump up money earlier.

Anyway, maybe Franco will be having a change of heart??...............

I wonder if a return for Franco Miranda is still possible?

I notice that the Argentine season has been postponed due to the debt crisis over there with many clubs unable to pay their players. It seems a strange logic that postponing games will improve cash flow though?? Although I did read it was a move to try and get the TV companies to stump up money earlier.

Anyway, maybe Franco will be having a change of heart??...............

There was a news item this morning about Argentinian football being in financial turmoil

All clubs at all levels apart from the top "few"

would it not be worth trying to get "at least" some of their players who would like a steady wage?

or..as was reported..."loan" deals to lighten the various clubs wage bill

never know till we try

(or get Miranda back)

:rolleyes:

could we solve the left back problem by playing 3-5-2?

have innes, mair and potter at the back

ross and robb on the wings, then pick from 3 central midfielders

obviously we would need to have another centre half come in as cover...but i'm not sure if any of the 19's are ready to make the step up yet?

obviously we would need to have another centre half come in as cover...but i'm not sure if any of the 19's are ready to make the step up yet?

McAusland was in the Scotland U-21 squad and wasn't considered ready to make the step up to the first team so I doubt very much we have an U-19 who would be ready.

Like this idea. We played 3-5-2 when we beat Rangers last season. Can't Barron play at centre-back, people keep saying so? Also JP is happier as more of a sweeper in the middle of a back three. Lets us play enough midfield scrappers when they are fit/not suspended and still play Dorman through the middle without losing cover in the middle. Would play O'Donnell or Brady wide left, I know it's not their natural side but their clever enough to compensate or Brighton as he looked useful on Saturday.

See Hamilton have signed Gary Mason until Jan.

See on BBC website that details about the Killie Vs Saints game that Camara and Innes are both out.

Killie Vs Saints

Has Innes kicked a ball yet to get injured? Before signing him people were talking about the defence being thin but if this is what we have for the season to come we are going to have to worry and hope our centre backs don't get injured as then there would be no back up!

I would love to see Ronnie O'Brien playing down the right for us. Seems he is without a club at the moment after leaving San Jose Earthquakes. A very promising youngster that didn't quite fill his potential. He had loan stint at Dundee United in 02.

That's a good shout - he seems to be well thought of in the MLS, been in the best team, and when on form is a good goalscorer as well as getting lots of assists. Seems more of the Quakes fans are angry that he wasn't re-signed and their not as good without him!