jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

I would have taken Shaw but not paid a substantial fee for him. A token amount with a sell on clause maybe at best.
Mibbaes Hibs held out for a six figure fee as they need a decent down payment for their attacking midfield target..? Nudge, nudge , wink, Kyle.. lol

I doubt it was Shaw as Goody went on record on Saturday post match as saying either target would be a considerable upgrade on what we have (hard to argue that about a Hibs reserve).  He did reiterate that these targets were not definite to come off, some work was required.

Where is the Cooke going info from ?

2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Oli Shaw is half decent, though I think he would be too high a risk of a signing to part with 6 figures. In total he has only had around a season and a halves worth of first team football at Hibs and that includes championship level.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a player come in from overseas, with our scouting range we have in place now.

Here's hoping so.

13 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Cannot find a Cammy Smith thread - but after his flop at UTD, I hear he is on trial at Dundalk - 

So , we take their best player and they get a player who was surplus to our requirements as a possible replacement.  

Aye, the Irish League is far better than Scottish football my arse.

22 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Big step up for him, that. Big step up for any Scottish player, tbf.

I am guessing that you are having a laugh - and if they are any good at all, no way will they sign him...

We should try them with the Djork for £30, 000  :cheers

56 minutes ago, Stu said:

Goalie Peter Urminsky signing today according to The Sun.

If he does that means Hladky is staying - Peter is not 1st team material at this stage and the other Goalie we have lined up is far better.

15 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

If he does that means Hladky is staying - Peter is not 1st team material at this stage and the other Goalie we have lined up is far better.

What other keeper have we got lined up. :unsure:

2 minutes ago, pod said:

What other keeper have we got lined up. :unsure:

Hladky's replacement one... looks like he will be in during the summer window . . . Peter is one for the Reserves/future (IF we sign him)

15 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Hladky's replacement one... looks like he will be in during the summer window . . . Peter is one for the Reserves/future (IF we sign him)

How do you know he's far better. 

4 hours ago, pod said:

How do you know he's far better. 

JG and others saying Peter is not yet up to the challenge and fits in at reserves with potential for the future - the other goalie plays at a higher level and has already shown that he is better than a reserves keeper . . .

25 minutes ago, elvis said:

In my opinion Lyness is a perfectly good keeper. 

Agreed (maybes not the perfect bit though)  - but we cannot go into next season with Lyness and a decent prospect that is okay for the reserves -We need two good keepers and a prospect for the future :magic

38 minutes ago, elvis said:

In my opinion Lyness is a perfectly good keeper. 

I’m not 100% convinced. He had a decent wee spell, but don’t think I’d fancy going into next season with him as first choice. 

Not sure how he got on at Raith, did they try to re-sign him?