jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Even if he was a month into a 3 year contract, McGinn still wouldn't be worth 200k. Some people live in cloud cuckoo land. As for Watt it would smack of a lazy signing and fly in the face of the "systems" we claim to be using (oh and he is pretty meh !)

He absolutely would be worth well more if he had that length of contract ffs 🤣

Just now, bazil85 said:

This thread just proves the mentality of some on here now, regardless of what I post people will jump on it. 

"Nothing short of £200k for P McGinn or I’d be disappointed"

However in posting that part of my original message regarding this, you'll see (yet again) I have not moved the goalposts. Anything less than that, I'd keep him, he is one of the most consistent and important team members at the club. My view is less than £200k," sorry Paul, away you pop in the summer not now."

Keep it up, people always like a good laugh. 🤡

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

This thread just proves the mentality of some on here now, regardless of what I post people will jump on it. 

"Nothing short of £200k for P McGinn or I’d be disappointed"

However in posting that part of my original message regarding this, you'll see (yet again) I have not moved the goalposts. Anything less than that, I'd keep him, he is one of the most consistent and important team members at the club. My view is less than £200k," sorry Paul, away you pop in the summer not now."

Any chance you could value my house , and I can retire early

57 minutes ago, Steg87 said:

Hi everyone, just posting for the first time, so go easy on me.

Talking about Strikers....would Goodwille not be a good shout? I know he has problems but seems to be banging them in for Clyde and I would imagine he would be cheapish to buy?

Oh dear. As first posts go, that's a humdinger.

To answer your question, no, we should not sign a rapist to play for us.

29 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Sure, first question. How important is your house to SMFC this season? 

If his house got repossessed, he would probably not be able to support the club. So its very important.   :rolleyes:

Seen this topic was hot so was expecting some right good speculation, but nah just another baz takeover, can we give him his own debate section please ? Saves having to sift through his shite🥱🥴

6 minutes ago, pod said:

If his house got repossessed, he would probably not be able to support the club. So its very important.   :rolleyes:

I think the club would survive such a loss in income in one additional fan not being able to make it...

seems to have done alright with the few non-attending preachers on this website 😂

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Really . Are we both talking about the same Paul McGinn ?

If you’re also talking about one of our most consistent performers, that’s also added a very decent attacking threat to his game, bosses that right wing, is versatile across the back line & very rarely let’s players by him, yes. 

9 hours ago, bazil85 said:

If it’s a nominal fee I would be saying no, this is my point. I’d rather keep him until the summer if we’re only getting a silly wee fee. 

To clarify, I’m not saying that will be the case, I’m saying I would be very disappointed if we let him go for less. 

The other issue is why help Hibs who are clearly looking for a RB and CB - Paul could play either one in games for them? Especially the day before we play them . . . Their defence is bereft at the moment - let them sort it out to our benefit...

Paul's best asset is his versatility - he is no superstar but has been serving us well this time around . . .

6 hours ago, bazil85 said:

He absolutely would be worth well more if he had that length of contract ffs 🤣

Would he really? 

Who would pay a 200k fee for him? 

I think that any club willing and able to pay that sort of a fee for a RB would be able to attract a better player than Mcginn. 

For that money you could pick somebody up on a PCA and pay them 4 or 5k a week on a 3 or 4 year contract. 

Edited by Prague Buddie

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

If you’re also talking about one of our most consistent performers, that’s also added a very decent attacking threat to his game, bosses that right wing, is versatile across the back line & very rarely let’s players by him, yes. 

Never seen so much piss being poured on anyone since Sweeper appeared. :lol:

Well done. :thumbs2

I don't think any club has ever paid a fee for Paul before so for us to get 200K is laughable.

I hope he stayed since having a player that can preform well across the back 4 is a real bonus for us. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Never seen so much piss being poured on anyone since Sweeper appeared. :lol:

Well done. :thumbs2

St Moan loyal yet again. Imagine a st Mirren fan hammering this kind of opinion on a st Mirren player 😂

St Moan loyal yet again. Imagine a st Mirren fan hammering this kind of opinion on a st Mirren player 
Yet again, you use a derisory term usually only done so by opposition fans who hate St Mirren! Worse still, you use it to describe a fellow supporter who disagrees with you... you...the one who says he respects the rights of others to disagree.

Such hypocrisy.

Do me a favour... Whilst I'm on...

Can you count all those who agree with your valuation and all those against and give me a tally?

Oh... Probably easier to deflect and criticise me for posting!

7 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Yet again, you use a derisory term usually only done so by opposition fans who hate St Mirren! Worse still, you use it to describe a fellow supporter who disagrees with you... you...the one who says he respects the rights of others to disagree.

Such hypocrisy.

Can you count all those who agree with your valuation and all those against and give me a tally?

Oh... Probably easier to deflect and criticise me for posting! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You could pick any subject Baz has ever posted on and get the same result.🤣🤣

You could never accuse Baz of doing a "Ricky" and playing to the gallery to try and gain "likes" for his posts.

Think Baz has been playing a bit too much Football Manager. 

I like Paul McGinn, he's a steady hand but that's all he is... as someone else alluded to, he's a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 every week. Perhaps in English football circles with him still under contract, you'd pull a six figure fee for a player like him. In Scottish football though, suggesting £200k is an absolutely wild appraisal when you consider Hearts brought in Liam Boyce (who was in the same situation) last week for only £150k. 

If we pull in 30-40k for McGinn and bring in a suitable replacement, it would be a decent return. 

49 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You could pick any subject Baz has ever posted on and get the same result.🤣🤣

You could never accuse Baz of doing a "Ricky" and playing to the gallery to try and gain "likes" for his posts.

Are you feeling all right Oaky? 

Playing to the gallery indeed. 

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

The other issue is why help Hibs who are clearly looking for a RB and CB - Paul could play either one in games for them? Especially the day before we play them . . . Their defence is bereft at the moment - let them sort it out to our benefit...

Paul's best asset is his versatility - he is no superstar but has been serving us well this time around . . .

I see the points you make Sweeper and find a lot to agree with in there but it's not you or me who are making the decisions and perhaps have other options they want to persue which they feel will be of greater benefit to the club. Only time will tell. 

On 1/27/2020 at 8:14 PM, Spam_Valley said:

200k for Paul McGinn 😂😂

Yeah tell them to add another 0 and we will think about it.

We are pretty shit at selling players though so it will be £50k. A third of what we paid for Heaton.

We definitely need a better strategy with regards to player management, retention and recruitment. I presume Flynn is out of contract at end of season based on a couple of comments. He is the type of player we should be looking to keep and extending his contract if we can due to performances and versatility. P McGinn, Flynn, Foley and possibly McGrath (if he continues the way he has started) should be core members of our squad and a team built around them.  They are the hardworking consistent performers who give their all. Magennis would be in that category also although form hasn't been as good this season and the injury is a nightmare. MacPherson also plays with his heart and has done well since coming back into the squad. 

I believe Jim will be more ruthless once he has got his core members of a squad as long as he isn't hampered by those either beside them or above him. 

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Such hypocrisy.

Oh... Probably easier to deflect and criticise me for posting! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Another one that as usual misses the point. 
1. it disappoints me how relevant calling some of our ‘fans’ St Moan really is  

2. I never once tried to canvas support for this view. I simply expressed my opinion if the offer was less than £200k I’d rather keep him. Other fans are welcome to think less is acceptable, that’s their choice. It’s the fact some on here are hell bent in trying to make me change my mind on that. It won’t happen, I will be disappointed if we don’t tell Hibs to jog on for any less than that fee. My opinion, my right to keep. 

Edited by bazil85