Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

On 3/16/2021 at 10:47 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I was never up that end of town until post 1987.

Strangely enough, I lived in Stock street from 1979 to 1984, and worked in Neilston Road for most of my adult life, but I don't remember that petrol station. Funny how the mind works.

Strangely enough, I lived in Stock street from 1979 to 1984, and worked in Neilston Road for most of my adult life, but I don't remember that petrol station. Funny how the mind works.
Aye, that's true, my brother's 3 years younger than me and says he remembers the jail in County Square, I have no memory of it at all. I remember the piazza being built but nothing of what was there beforehand.

Some people in here might have worked in the doomed car plant in Linwood..................

"Hello all,

My name is Kim Carnie and I work for Sgeul Media, a TV production company based in Glasgow. We are currently looking into the Hillman Imp and the factory in Linwood with the view to make a documentary for the BBC. We would love to speak to people who worked at the Hillman Imp factory, or those whose parents, family etc. worked there.

My number is 07487857200 and email [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes,
Kim" 

May be an image of car

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Some people in here might have worked in the doomed car plant in Linwood..................

"Hello all,

My name is Kim Carnie and I work for Sgeul Media, a TV production company based in Glasgow. We are currently looking into the Hillman Imp and the factory in Linwood with the view to make a documentary for the BBC. We would love to speak to people who worked at the Hillman Imp factory, or those whose parents, family etc. worked there.

My number is 07487857200 and email [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes,
Kim" 

May be an image of car

That factory was never in Linwood

Same as the Airport isn't in Glasgow

31 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

That factory was never in Linwood

Same as the Airport isn't in Glasgow

And,here we go again,same as Asda Linwood is in Paisley 😂

There was a petrol station opposite the RAI entrance on the corner across from where the doctor's is now. Don't know if that's the right location or not as I am not old enough to remember the cinema.

Yes faintly remember the petrol station and my dad using it while I sat in the back. Had totally forgotten that!

Details of the above pic.............................

This week’s "Then" image from the Heritage Library is an aerial view taken from Hamilton Court at Calside about mid 60's, showing the Royal Alexandra Infirmary, and the greens of Charleston Bowling Club. Beyond that you can see Saucel Hill and in the distance a still working Anchor Mill complex and Hunterhill High Flats

On 3/29/2021 at 7:39 PM, ALBIONSAINT said:

Springbank Rd near the end, I wonder who the family were that got into the Hillman imp? 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Do keep up. :rolleyes: