St Mirren V Celtic League Cup Semi Final

shull

Just to add to the debate – I wont be going only because of work. Day’s like these do not come along in our history very often should we go on to win the game then the fans that do go will experience one of the best day’s of your life supporting St Mirren. Feel really down I will miss this.:(

And who the f**k are you that you think you can tell people what they should and shouldn't do?

Does going to Dingwall on a Tuesday night for a Challenge Cup Match qualify me as a supporter oh great one?

I'm not looking for any reaction or protesting for any reason, just stating a fact. I won't be there as I've had enough of mixing with them.

i the f**ck am just trying to drum up support for the game, i do not consider myself as "oh great one" apart from maybe when looking at my wee black book wink.png , if you want to go you go if not then you don't , i maybe could have left out the "should attend" part , but hey it got a reaction, if i have made just one person decide to go then i'm happy, if i've offended anyone then i appologise. i'll stop trying to encourage folk to go to games, it obviously doesn't go down well

It's obviously everyones choice, and I'll assume over the years the bile & sectarian pish has had an effect.

I still don't think that should stop any St Mirren supporter supporting the team in a national semi final when the support can help.

If we win this game I know I would be annoyed to have missed such a historic game.

Maybe the fact I've been away from the west coast stink of the Old Firm for over 20 years I don't allow it be an issue for me.

As for "gloryhunting", I suppose if we got to the final a massive amount of the St Mirren supporters who would be classed in this bracket should stay away and have around 3,000 at Hampden. 1eye.gif

How many "gloryhunters" were there in 87? lol.gif

I'm going but would prefer to watch It behind the couch. The problem Is we are so fcuk'n bad against the selic that we always fear the worst as our last game showed. Other teams who we beat in the league and cup seem to do well against them on a good day. So I have a deal to offer Danny.....Park the bus!...Hit them on the break!....24% of possesion might be enough if they are a bit off and we get lucky!.....Remind you of any game recently?

The wife's just told me she'll pay for me to get to the match. Just gotta keep a lookout for ticket details ( probably cheaper than Hearts are charging!!!!!!!!!!!)

Has there still been no details of ticket prices?

Anything over £20 and I'll be in the huff, or maybe have a breakdown. whistling.gif

PS 2 minutes, magnificent trolling. 1eye.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Times like this, remember we are the Good Guys! Listened to phone ins and Celtic fans are now saying they are too big for the Scottish game.

We might as well not turn up then eh ? F*ck them, and for what its worth i think we have a better chance of beating them in the semi final than the final especially if their players think they have won it already. Whatever the outcome it is a day for all Saints fans to enjoy - we don't get to Hampden very often so lets make the most of it. Glory hunters welcome ! I've told my other half and my daughter that they are going whether they like it or not !

Edited by Dare

Celtic set up well to take on the likes of Barcelona, their style seems to suit how Barcelona play the game. This was demonstrated recently over the 2 ties.

Our big problem is we try and copy Barcelona but we are light years behind them. When taking on Celtic we need to adapt our style and go out to frustrate them and hit them on the break. We have the likes of Carey who used to be good at set pieces under Gus, and we have plenty of height in Parkin and Thomson to trouble them from set peices. We can also catch them on the break late on if we bring on Guy who can run behind them with a long ball from deep.

The trouble is we try and take them on with our tippy tappy and if Barca cannie do it them we will have no chance.

Celtic set up well to take on the likes of Barcelona, their style seems to suit how Barcelona play the game. This was demonstrated recently over the 2 ties.

Our big problem is we try and copy Barcelona but we are light years behind them. When taking on Celtic we need to adapt our style and go out to frustrate them and hit them on the break. We have the likes of Carey who used to be good at set pieces under Gus, and we have plenty of height in Parkin and Thomson to trouble them from set peices. We can also catch them on the break late on if we bring on Guy who can run behind them with a long ball from deep.

The trouble is we try and take them on with our tippy tappy and if Barca cannie do it them we will have no chance.

Surprised with your tactical knowledge you aren't going for the Scotland managers job? whistling.gif

I just hope we turn up on the day and not lose early goals. Keep in the game as long as possible....wait, I'm getting to tactical. lol.gif

Surprised with your tactical knowledge you aren't going for the Scotland managers job? whistling.gif

I just hope we turn up on the day and not lose early goals. Keep in the game as long as possible....wait, I'm getting to tactical. lol.gif

What makes you think I'm not in for the Scotland job.