Carey And Parkin First To Go.........

Only St Mirren would release the player who scores SPL goal of the season.

In that case I would say it's not looking good for a number of the players even under contract

Imrie Guy Mair Barron

Hard to imagine we'd release Carey and keep them....

I don't think the releasing of players will be based on ability, more likely to be wage bills. So I wouldn't be surprised if the above 4 players mentioned ended up staying with more talented players like Carey leaving Edited by Big Yards

It looks like our squad will be completely transformed next season. Extremely risky strategy, DVZ, Cheesey, Goodwin, Teale, Thommo, McGinn, Robertson, look like the only definite players to be here fit next season.

At least Danny hs the balls to tell the others to GTF if they don't like. Sir Alex did the same at United, you need players willing to follow your instructions and work hard. Looks like some players ain't wanting to do that.

It looks like our squad will be completely transformed next season. Extremely risky strategy, DVZ, Cheesey, Goodwin, Teale, Thommo, McGinn, Robertson, look like the only definite players to be here fit next season.

At least Danny hs the balls to tell the others to GTF if they don't like. Sir Alex did the same at United, you need players willing to follow your instructions and work hard. Looks like some players ain't wanting to do that.

I'm sure that's the second time Sir Alex and Danny have been referred to in the same context this week on here.

FFS indeed....

Players under contract that have been told they can leave are: Mair, Guy, Adam and Imrie. They've all been told to find themselves a new club.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not you who was adamant about two weeks ago that you had spoken to Graham Carey and he was about to sign a 2-year extension?

Makes a change from Gus.

Gus did get the best out of Carey did he not shock1.gif

Certainly better, if the not the best.

It seems that, for whatever reason, Carey didn't measure up for Danny. I suspect another manager will get the best out of him, but that's pretty much academic now (unless it is another SPL manager....).

Sad about both players. Think both clearly had something. Carey was clearly not getting a contract after his poor performance at hibs and looks like sam's second half against Aberdeen tipped it against him.

I think I would have kept/offered an extension to both players. I think both have been decent squad players and in Carey's case more than decent.

BUT I also felt sad when Memhet Dorman Thomson McShane etc left and the only one I really think we should have kept (not that it was an option) was Higdon.

There are loads of players out there and if Danny thinks he can spend the wages better else where then so be it. Same goes for Barron, Imrie, Mair and Guy.

Certainly better, if the not the best.

It seems that, for whatever reason, Carey didn't measure up for Danny. I suspect another manager will get the best out of him, but that's pretty much academic now (unless it is another SPL manager....).

Doubt Carey is going to another SPL side

From what I could gather Danny Lennon preferred to play either Goodwin or Dummit as centre half in front of Lee Mair.

Making it obvious that he did not rate him as our centre half so would not be suprissed if he was of to pastures new during the summer.

of the first x1 this season who is staying.

1 Samson off to motherwell

2. van zantan

3. dummet back to newcastle

4. goodwin

5. mc ausland

6. mc gowan off to birmingham

7 newton back to newcastle

8. Goncalves back to portugal

9. thompson

10. mc glyn

11 teale

get to work danny getting new players for next season

From what I could gather Danny Lennon preferred to play either Goodwin or Dummit as centre half in front of Lee Mair.

Making it obvious that he did not rate him as our centre half so would not be suprissed if he was of to pastures new during the summer.

2. van zantan

4. goodwin

5. mc ausland

9. thompson

10. mc glyn

11 teale

Signing the sacked hearts manager is a bit desperate, dont you think?

2. van zantan

4. goodwin

5. mc ausland

9. thompson

10. mc glyn

11 teale

Where did you get the McGowan to Birmingham story?

Adam, Smith and Sammy will all leave the club unless the latter has a massive change of heart and turns down more money and European football at Motherwell to stay put.

So we will sign two new keepers,

Still plenty of rumours linking us with Langfield but he is under contract at Aberdeen so I'd say that one was unlikely.

drew asks Where did you get the McGowan to Birmingham story?

from the bbc website

The Buddies boss also stated the Paisley side will find it hard to hold on to midfielder Paul McGowan, who is attracting interest from English Championship side Birmingham City.

"There's an offer out there for Paul McGowan and the ball is in his court," Lennon said.

Edited by stevie-dee