Midgie Alert !

shull

I'm being eaten alive by midgies on Paisley Road West in Cardonald.

This has never happened in many years of driving a Cab.

f**kING WEE CNUTS f**k OFF !

You can't complain as you've been stinging passengers in your cab for years. The biter bit.biggrin.png

I was just saying to my daughter that they don't seem to be as bad (so far....) this year, and I stay over the water in Dunbartonshire and usually have a truly hellish time of it at the hands of the little f'ckers. Hopefully they stay over your waythumbup2.gif

They're in my Cab now.

Just gonnae give them a free Taxi ride over the Erskine Bridge and deposit the little runts down your way.

I think you might have some form of fever and delirium with all those bites. If I were you I'd heading to the RAH without delay!

I've heard great reports on a new repellant called Expedition 100, available in Halfords, but a wee bit expensive at £6.50-ish for 50ml. The wee baskets never bothered me until I turned 15, then the hormones kicked in and they couldnae get eneough of me. Wish I could say the same for the burds.

Not funny !

Not hilarious !

Torture ?

Aye !

We need midgies. They are an important thing. Without them, Avon would sell no Skin So Soft and there would be an immediate drop in foreigners signing up for "The Big Midge".

The Big Midge is a business idea I just came up with 20 minutes ago where for a fee of £40, tourists could prove how hard they were by walking through the glens in Fort William at dusk when it's drizzly summer rain and still warm wearing nothing but a thong and covered in honey. I'm expecting the phone to start ringing any second.

I'm expecting the "No - Keep Everything f**ked Up and Run by the Tories" campaign to tell us that midgies will get worse after independence.

Me too, mosquitos as well, along with just about any other blood sucking insect. Oddly enough, though, there were a few clegs about yesterday, bothering everyone around me but not coming near me. Not that I'm complaining, mind

:)

My daughter and I walked up to Asda this morning but ended up buying more than we meant to so got a taxi back. Time and a half because it's the Twelfth! Thieving bastards! I told the driver the story about the midges and he reckons Glasgow taxi drivers are probably just minging.

Me too, mosquitos as well, along with just about any other blood sucking insect. Oddly enough, though, there were a few clegs about yesterday, bothering everyone around me but not coming near me. Not that I'm complaining, mind

smile.png

Midges,smidges... but CLEGS! Earhole invading Baisturts!!!!!!!

My daughter and I walked up to Asda this morning but ended up buying more than we meant to so got a taxi back. Time and a half because it's the Twelfth! Thieving bastards! I told the driver the story about the midges and he reckons Glasgow taxi drivers are probably just minging.

Public holiday - is it not?

I remember having an arguement with a bartender in Glasgow that declined the "midweek offer" once as it was considered a "Bank Holiday" (as stated on the posters etc) on GLASGOW FAIR Monday once. The banks sure process your bills that day! (AS they do on Jan2 which is NOT a BANK holiday!)

The midgie attacks are worse today. It's a nightmare out here.

The last time which was as bad as this was we played East Fife at Bayview in the first round of the Challenge Cup in the mid 90's.

It was Fitzy's first game back as Manager .

The Midgies were cnuts that day.