Should Danny Stay?

Lex

Danny Lennon  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love them saying, He gave us the best day of our lives, That's when you they are wee boys and lassie, Cos im sure the best day supporting Saints was winning the SCOTTISH CUP,

FFS you really are thick as mince.1eye.gif

Depending on some supporters (or "them" as you say, lol.giflol.gif) age seeing St Mirren lift the League Cup could be seen as a great day/best.

To dismiss this shows you what you are. (I'll leave others to insert as they see fit.)

Another "I'm better than you" "fan". bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

I love them saying, He gave us the best day of our lives, That's when you they are wee boys and lassie, Cos im sure the best day supporting Saints was winning the SCOTTISH CUP,

You do know that someone born in say 1983 would be 4 at the time of the scottish cup win, and 30 now...

hardly a wee boy or lassie!

.............and you guys know this based on the messages you receive from the planet Zorg! 1eye.gif

That was then this is now - nothing lasts forever!

I know this cos if you look at the match threads you'll see them updating every 20 seconds from the BBC texting thing and the radio.

I call this commonsense, a bit of intelligence and 30 seconds of basic research - you call it messages from the planet Zorg.

Oh well.....you say tomato......

Edited by oaksoft

I'm 43, and would class the cup win last year as my best day as a St Mirren supporter.

A "wee boy"? You'd need to ask my missus.

The Cup final in 1987 was absolutely pish.

I have to agree. I'd become almost too disinterested to even cheer when we scored. However, I have to say that was mainly down to the tactics of Dundee Utd who, on paper, were a vastly superior team to us. They thought they could conserve their energies for their forthcoming UEFA Cup Final second leg against Gothenburg by simply containing us and scoring whenever the inevitable opportunity presented itself. Best laid plans of mice and men etc.

I also have to say I did sympathise with United at the time, as had it been either of the OF teams in the UEFA Final, they would never have been forced to play the Scottish Cup Final against us just 4 days prior to that critical second leg.

I went to all the losing Scottish Cup semi final heartbreaks in the 80s. Suffered the disgusting behaviour of Rangers fans at an unsegregated Celtic Park, suffered them again in the replay. Sat on a pishing wet bench at the Dens Park Aberdeen replay to watch the 'ball through Billy's legs' heartbreak. I was at Hampden to see us suffer heartbreak again with a spawny deflected Celtic winner. I'm not alone - thousands of us were soaked, in tears, spat at, pelted with coins, taunted, and traveled home completely and utterly scunnered, thinking we were cursed, never to get past the semi final stage ever again.

The 1987 Scottish Cup final win was without doubt, the best day I've ever had supporting St Mirren. Was the match itself a 5-4 thriller? Nope. Do I give a flying fcuk? Nope!

... and we got into Europe.

I know this cos if you look at the match threads you'll see them updating every 20 seconds from the BBC texting thing and the radio.

I call this commonsense, a bit of intelligence and 30 seconds of basic research - you call it messages from the planet Zorg.

Oh well.....you say tomato......

.......and there's guys like lex, santaponsasaint and plenty others who clearly go to all or most of the matches who reckon Lennon is like Wile E. Coyote - two feet over the edge and just beginning to realize it.

I'm sorry but most of the people on this forum and particularly some of the most anti-Danny ones certainly do not go to games.

In RealLifeTM many people can't attend every match but I reckon most, like myself, attend as many as they can however please feel free to continue with the "big lie" tactics - they're fooling nobody!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Look, the reality is that he's not going to get the sack anytime soon so get behind him FFS.

I don't think he should be manager FWIW but he is and if he turns things around then that'll be great. If not, the the BOD will take action at the appropriate time.

Some of you guys on here need to get a grip though. This should be a forum for sharing our views and challenging others if we don't agree but the level of smart arsed pettiness and downright OTT abuse that gets thrown about is really playground stuff and most of us should be too old for that shite.

A win tomorrow and a few days peace on here.

Here's hoping.

Both winning Cup Finals that i've witnessed were magic.

If i had to plump for the best, it would be down to the amount of happy tears that flowed.

1987 - a decent amount.

2013 - a f**king ocean.

So St Mirren's Day, March 17th is by far the best for me.

Abby agrees.

Today is massive for Danny, lose and I can't see anything other than the drop for us and it will prove that Danny has lost the dressing room and is nice but clueless.

Remember folks: Relax it's only football, a phrase I am sure we will hear from Lex come full time today.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

I'm not surprised, just because a few dozen people are going mad online doesn't mean everyone feels this way.

There weren't too many boos or Lennon GTF shouts heard at full time last night.

I've got a sore arse, I haven't answered yet as I'm still on the fence.

Saturday is massive, I'll vote on Saturday night tongue.png

Made my vote, was going to wait until after Saturday but have stuck with my gut feeling.

I don't doubt his ability to pick the team and set the tactics, he has proved he is capable of doing so with some very good results. My problem with Danny at the moment is his dealings in the transfer market and our wafer thin squad. I'm not too comfortable with the goalkeeping situation this season either. If things go pete tong he's brought it on himself because of this IMO.

Voted stay for now but if we fail to improve the squad before the window shuts then this was the wrong vote..

I knew I should have waited. Would be interesting to see how a new poll would shape up now......

Twitter poll since full time has it at 72-17 against just now.

post-1886-0-28870600-1377972949_thumb.jp

Edited by davidg