Your Favourite Last Minute Saints Goal?

Jimmy H

Andy Dorman at Tynecastle.

This was one of my favourites too.

Played off the park after having to face Motherwell on a Thursday night before went a goal down with 8 minutes to go. Really went for it and Dorman got us level from a Cuthbert knock down. I remember the announcer at Tynecastle not even pausing between announcing the added time and the scorer!

Well I will go for a game when we scored 2 in the last min thumbup2.gif It will so long again I cant remember when, but it was at Airdrie, we were 3-2 down and we got 2 in injury time. McAvennie got 1 but not sure about the other. Fair to say there was a stampede to get back into the ground at the end lol.gif

Brilliant post and thread, agree with everything.

Fantastic memories.

They were all very special last minute goals.

Bone at Bolton was awesome clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

worth mentioning is Bolon's late goal that had their fans celebrating a win on away goals, only problem was the ASC rules were the old style ones and only recognised away goals after extra time. bones goal prompted wild celebrations and a stoning from the home support

happy days

It's got to be McKnight's at Ayr. For lots of reasons. It was a VERY late goal, from memory were we not about 5 or 6 minutes over time? Also, after such a long glorious season, it meant promotion after such a terrible period of underachieving in our history. Also, the size of the Saints support that day. 3000 Buds at an away match in the 1st Division? AND it was a typical, old-fashioned goalmouth scramble followed by a hoof into the top corner. Cue mayhem on the terraces and a mini pitch invasion! f**k...I wish I could re-live it!!!

Got to go for Haining V kille at Love St, last time I saw saints win a league game, Id just got up to go, stood at the back of the NB and everyone went mental because it moved us above killie in the league, also was at the dons game when Kirky equalised pretty late on.

Does Sutton against Motherwell in the 3-2 game count? Amazing!

It was 5 mins left I think, but that doesn't matter. The cup final last year is my favourite match and moments ever, but there's still something about that day in Motherwell which sets it head and shoulders above anything I've ever watched in a Saints game. I don't know if it was the drama, the twists and turns, the fact that we were beaten and relegated. I don't know. All I do know is that when our 3rd goal went in, I literally sunk to my knees while chaos was going on around me, before screaming like a banshee... I couldn't even jump about any more, I was mentally and physically exhausted.

It was indescribable how amazing the turn of events were that day, and in the space of around 15-20 minutes. It was like a solid half hour of total and utter jubilation as we went from despair to joy.

There were many late scenes from 1999-2000 as well which were outrageous, but none are just as dear to me as that day in Motherwell. I watch them and I'm happy. I watch that day at Fir Park and I still get the lump in my throat. That's the difference for me.

Edited by djchapsticks

It was 5 mins left I think, but that doesn't matter. The cup final last year is my favourite match and moments ever, but there's still something about that day in Motherwell which sets it head and shoulders above anything I've ever watched in a Saints game. I don't know if it was the drama, the twists and turns, the fact that we were beaten and relegated. I don't know. All I do know is that when our 3rd goal went in, I literally sunk to my knees while chaos was going on around me, before screaming like a banshee... I couldn't even jump about any more, I was mentally and physically exhausted.

It was indescribable how amazing the turn of events were that day, and in the space of around 15-20 minutes. It was like a solid half hour of total and utter jubilation as we went from despair to joy.

There were many late scenes from 1999-2000 as well which were outrageous, but none are just as dear to me as that day in Motherwell. I watch them and I'm happy. I watch that day at Fir Park and I still get the lump in my throat. That's the difference for me.

Totally agree, all turned around with Dunfermline going down to Inverness after leading. I still have the scars on my knee from the seat in front at Fir Park that day. Total elation and even the cup final last year didn't come close. Edited by Frank McGarvey' wonky legs

Yardley and Mendes at Raith for me. Added bonus is that from the back of the stand at Starks Park you can see out on to the street where all the numpties who left early were looking up wondering what the hell was going on.

Motherwell away is probably my favourite game. Would love to see footage of the Saints support when the third went in. Cant have been many left standing. What a day of emotions.

Junior Mendes v Clyde at Broadwood to complete his hat-trick! the game was tied at 2-2 when Junior ran at Alan Kerneghan, he turned him inside out before placing a shot right in the corner! a brilliant finish to a cracking game!!

Thommos goal at Ibrox was special! The celebrations were so mental I got myself a scar on my leg!! great memento!!

Cheers for the replies to the thread I started chaps, some cracking memories, things are not going good for us at the moment, but some of the heartfelt replies just reiterate why we follow our beloved buds. There will be many more to add over the coming years.

First one that came to mind was the last minute penalty around 86 when Hamish McAlpine stood in Frank McGarveys foot after kicking the ball out.

Absolutely loved that. McGarvey actually looked up, waited til the ref spotted him then went down like a sniper had shot him! Step up Gardner Speirs (IIRC) to slot home the penalty. Brilliant. :-)

I think it was a Boxing Day fixture at Motherwell, I'm certain it was '86. Ian Ferguson scored with a mishit with the last kick of the ball to win it.

The game also sticks in my mind as there was a riot afterwards, the LSD were out in huge numbers and were not for taking prisoners.

Ian Cameron curling one into the bottom corner at the Love Street end against Falkirk, to make it 2-2 after we had been 0-2 down in 1987.

Not that we knew it at the time, but it turned out out be crucial come the end of the season, as Alex Smith helped introduce a new generation of Saints fans to the alien concept of a relegation battle, and Falkirk headed to the First Divsion.