The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

I'm still waiting on my phone call from people from England, Wales and NI telling me how wanted us Scots are. My toes haven't uncurled yet from hearing Cameron's speech.

My personal Tory favourite from today's papers - "Cutting benefits give people hope".

You wonder what kind of sick bastard could come up with that line.

Years ago Cameron said that Eton Rifles by the Jam was one of his favourite songs. Weller was pretty incredulous to hear this , l believe Cameron still sticks by the revelation which led Weller to say "Which part of it didn't he get?. .

Years ago Cameron said that Eton Rifles by the Jam was one of his favourite songs. Weller was pretty incredulous to hear this , l believe Cameron still sticks by the revelation which led Weller to say "Which part of it didn't he get?. .

Was it Weller who also told him to stop listening to his songs because they were targetted at people like Cameron in the first place?

Was it Weller who also told him to stop listening to his songs because they were targetted at people like Cameron in the first place?

Surely that would be pretty stupid. If I write a post pointing out that you are a clueless wanker I'd want you to see it. I'd have to be a right shite bag to tell you not to read my post incase it offends you.

This will bring depth to the debate on this thread.

76 reasons why the English are sorry...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/19/scottish-independence-76-things-apologise

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/19/scottish-independence-76-things-apologise

Funny article in the Guardian today, won't do the Better Together campaign any favours.

Of course, it will. :)

The one thing I don't believe is that the Separatists are miserable basturts.

Er... haud oan a wee minute... :unsure:

Large swing to Yes according to the first official poll after Osborne swung his manhood in front of a watching 5 million Scots.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/02/20/uk-scotland-independence-poll-idUKBREA1J00I20140220

Excluding those who don't know which way to vote yet this is now 45% of people who have decided how to vote will tick the Yes box with a massive number still to decide.

Well that could never have been predicted could it?

Good old George.

This could be the game changer unless the BT campaign can come up with more ridiculous threats like us having no pensions or whatever.

Debate over, David Bowie says "Scotland, stay with us"........................................

thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

Shows how desperate the Nos are becoming. "Hey Zig , do us a favour mate , give us a mention when you win " ! Ha ha ha , he he he , you're laughing millionaires the same as me !

Guest TPAFKATS

Hmm, yet you won't deal with the policies raised. Strange that. rolleyes.gif

Why is it strange?

This is about Independence - if you want to start a thread about current snp policies at Holyrood (whether accurate or not) go ahead.

here's a thought - if things are that bad with a devolved parliament, mibees its time for change wink.png

VOTE YES!

Guest TPAFKATS

Debate over, David Bowie says "Scotland, stay with us"........................................

thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

With absolutely no apologies to David Bowie.
There’s god-awful cuts in welfare
and Scotland’s saying nae mair
But the Tories are yelling “No”
though we’ve told them we want them to go
And Johann is nowhere to be seen
As she walks
through the shattered dream
of a party that’s gone true blue
Labour’s hooked to the Tory scheme
But Westminster’s a saddening bore
For we’ve seen it
ten times or more
So we’ll spit in the eyes of fools
As Scotland will focus on
MPs lying through their back teeth
Oh man!
Look at those cavemen go
it’s the Commons freak show
Take a look at the pressman
Feeding all the Scots lies,
Oh man! But we already know
It’s a one sided show
There’s no truth with Marr.
It’s to Osborne’s threatening vow
That our country
will not kowtow
And we Scots will rule our ain hame
so we can’t be sold out again
by the media’s ignorant hordes and careerists and the hopes they’ve whored
So we’ll keep on using the pound
and are deaf to the scares of clowns
‘Cause Westminster’s a saddening bore
and we’ve stood it
ten times or more
Vote no and it comes again
And that’s why we focus on
Food banks stretching down the high street
Oh man!
But what would a rich singer know
about this Tory freak show
Take a look at the pressman
Feeding all the Scots lies,
Oh man! But we already know
It’s just the Westminster show
There’s no truth with Marr.
Stolen from weegingerdug
Edited by TPAFKATS

And yet, it only appeared about 5th or 6th bbc radio scotlandshire lunchtime news. Whereas the barosso story was still appearing on the bbc scotland web pages yesterday - great balance...NOT

I'm confused. Why are you seemingly happy about this?

Currie says he THINKS Barosso may have got it wrong. He thinks the other guy's thoughts differ from his. No more.

Oh.. and "it would involve inevitable negotiations which would be rather tough."

It's a counterpoint but no game changer. Of course, there had to be someone who could posit the other view, but from the Yes side I would have wished to trumpet someone more factual, strident and utterly dismissive of Barosso.

Close, but no goldfish.

Edited by bluto

Currie says he THINKS Barosso may have got it wrong. He thinks the other guy's thoughts differ from his. No more.

Oh.. and "it would involve inevitable negotiations which would be rather tough."

It's a counterpoint but no game changer. Of course, there had to be someone who could posit the other view, but from the Yes side I would have wished to trumpet someone more factual, strident and utterly dismissive of Barosso.

Close, but no goldfish.

And of course Currie is a FORMER Director General for Environment who resigned in 2002 whereas Barosso is the CURRENT European President. It's no surprise that the Natsi's are grabbing at absolutely any straw right now though - even if it is from a discredited politician who was a director of RBS when it collapsed and was accused of a conflict of interests when he resigned his Environment post to take up an "advisory" position within the nuclear power industry.

I had an interesting discussion this afternoon with a former Scottish MP and a prominent Nationalist who said that the Yes Campaign must be desperate for England to do well in the World Cup this summer because in his opinion the Yes campaign has so spectacularly failed to get across the advantages - as he sees it - of independence that they will have to hope that Scottish political ignorance and a xenophobic hatred of English Commentators, Players and Supporters can carry the vote through. He was hugely critical of Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon as well

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Close, but no goldfish.

Actually apart from slapping down Barosso which is exactly what he did, the most important part was when he said:-

"We're dealing with people who would have certain rights as EU citizens and which would be very difficult to take away, and nobody would want to.

"The bottom line for me is that it would be dealt with in a pragmatic way, and it would involve inevitable negotiations which would be rather tough."

As I have been saying all along - a pragmatic solution will be found and people who know about such things are using phrases like us having our European rights removed. You know, perhaps ZA isn't the font of knowledge on this that he clearly claims to be.

Why would negotuiations be tough? Because the UK enjoys privileges which is pissing off other more fully committed member states so you can be sure they'll want to play hard ball when the current EU member no longer exists. That is why the No campaign fears independence.

Actually apart from slapping down Barosso which is exactly what he did, the most important part was when he said:-

"We're dealing with people who would have certain rights as EU citizens and which would be very difficult to take away, and nobody would want to.

"The bottom line for me is that it would be dealt with in a pragmatic way, and it would involve inevitable negotiations which would be rather tough."

As I have been saying all along - a pragmatic solution will be found and people who know about such things are using phrases like us having our European rights removed. You know, perhaps ZA isn't the font of knowledge on this that he clearly claims to be.

Why would negotuiations be tough? Because the UK enjoys privileges which is pissing off other more fully committed member states so you can be sure they'll want to play hard ball when the current EU member no longer exists. That is why the No campaign fears independence.

1. za has been saying much the same if you cared to check back, cautioning that it would not be a continuous deal, not an easy assimilation into the EC and that there would be tough negotiations. He offered that in the hope that a reality check would make the gung-ho separatists be more informed and ca-canny.

2. There is no 'u' in negotiations.

3. 'Privileges' is plural so use 'are' instead of 'is'. It's not only scientific rigour that is enhanced by precision - so also would be your ability to communicate with humans.

4. I hope this helps? :)

Close, but no goldfish.

I don't know . If the fourth Reich European Superstate , don't want Scotland , then so be it . .

I would like to quote a well known poster on here. .

Fuckem .

Why would negotuiations be tough? Because the UK enjoys privileges, which is pissing off other more fully committed member states so you can be sure they'll want to play hard ball when the current EU member no longer exists. That is why the No campaign fears independence.

1. za has been saying much the same if you cared to check back, cautioning that it would not be a continuous deal, not an easy assimilation into the EC and that there would be tough negotiations. He offered that in the hope that a reality check would make the gung-ho separatists be more informed and ca-canny.

2. There is no 'u' in negotiations.

3. 'Privileges' is plural so use 'are' instead of 'is'. It's not only scientific rigour that is enhanced by precision - so also would be your ability to communicate with humans.

4. I hope this helps? smile.png

Nit-picking doesn't help at all. If Oaksoft had not omitted the comma following "privileges" then "is" is correct. If you are going to be a pedant, get it right.

Hmmmmm

50 / 50 today..............down an increment at the moment, took a wee bit of a huff over the latest Governemntal interfering nonsense. Didn't like the Nanny statism latest about all kids having a nominated person involved in their well being............ffs.

I thought rather old school admittedly, that this was the parents job. Who's going to administer this , who's going to apply the protocols and check the procedural correctness, how much will this scheme cost ??

In future does anyone that has children just give them up to the overlordship of a superior all seeing grown up that can look after the child's interest better than the parents. Is this the same sort of decent relaible pseudo professional above reproach type who can also approve your passport renewal application

Cannae see this one flying at all, bit stupid imo, but irritatingly its the kind of intrusive bollox that is often associated with the SNP....another kind of policy load that smacks of lets all help the tail wag the dog.

Jist sayin like.....................