St Mirren V Qots Scottish Cup Round 4 Replay

Lex

Due to a 40-year long personal grudge I absolutely LOVE it when we beat QoS! Makes me even happier than beating M*rton or that other, now defunct, club from Glasgow. Great stuff Saints.

Cannae beat a good f*cking grudge,.lol.gif

Green Vermin, Blue Puke, The Newcunto F.C,, L.O..................................thumbup2.gif

I thought both Grainger and Van Zanten had poor games actually. The defence wasn't really tested due to the deficiencies of the opposition. I would reinstate both Naismith and Kelly for Saturday.

Why do you think we should sack Danny?

One minute you claimed we were being put under the cosh defensively and now you're claiming we weren't really tested.

You're certainly entertaining but not to be taken seriously.

5 central midfielders and 1 lone striker at home to a struggling First Division side.

That's the sort of negative and defensive line up that even our previous ultra defensive and negative manager would never have contemplated!

It got the job done however with an emphatic win and that is what really matters.

Its good however that the line up and the result yet again exposes and makes a mockery of the many hypocrites on this forum. You all you know who you are. whistling.gif

Laughing at you! lol.gif:

PS, I know many will reply in furious anger (and they will be the hypocrites.. bye1.gif )... but I won't return to this thread so your hypocritical stupidity will fall on deaf ears! clap.gif

listening to written material, are we? very interesting.

Or is that the voices starting off again?

Thought it was the right decision to rest our young Roberto Carlos's on each side, but as others have said it showed how much we need them because it completely changed our shape. Grainger/DVZ can't get forward like Kelly/Naismith meaning Newton and Mcginn are required to play more as wingers which doesn't suit them.

Thought Grainger and Harkins were better than any other time I've seen them but still not great. Harkins is just frustrating to watch, I don't know if it's laziness, being unfit or just the way he plays but he rarely breaks into a jog never mind a run when we loses the ball. He's great with the ball at his feet but just couldn't seem to read the game the way Gowser does and wasn't linking up with Thommo.

Kelly’s goal was a peach, great build up play by Newton and Reilly as well.

Edited by irvine_buddie

in the words of the great prophet John McEnroe... YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you seriously suggesting that players with slight injuries haven't been offered and given cortisone injections to enable them to get through an important 90 minutes for the sake of the team?

If so... can I suggest you do some homework on the subject... your naivety amuses me!

Ask Alan McGraw of Morton fame how his disability started!!!

In my experience "cortisone" injections (in fact usually some other corticosteroid) are not given for for "slight injuries". They are usually used for soft tissue injuries which have failed to resolve after approriate physiotherapy.

I do, however, know of occasions when local anaesthetic injections have been given to relieve painful minor injuries.

Alan McGraw is a very bad example of a player who was given a series of frequent intra-articular steroid injections to his knees, resulting in the eventual destruction of th intra-articular cartilage.

Tommy Bryceland was given injections to allow him to play wonderfully (and score) against the Greenies in their 1962 demolition at Ibrox (whatever became of that stadium?) . TB played so well that their neanderthalGreen Brigade invaded the pitch- to no avail.

We won 3-1. :)

Tommy Bryceland was given injections to allow him to play wonderfully (and score) against the Greenies in their 1962 demolition at Ibrox (whatever became of that stadium?) . TB played so well that their neanderthalGreen Brigade invaded the pitch- to no avail.

We won 3-1. smile.png

Still there, you head towards Govan....................can't miss it.

Sheesh, would hate to be on one of your bus tours. whistling.gif