Malky Mckay Dumped

beyond our ken

unless they have a charlatan in the wings.Malky's conduct will have endeared him to a few clubs. I agree, I doubt he'll be unemployed for long.

Spends 50 million on transfers and sees team a point above relegation, Chairman tells him there's no money left to spend... So he runs to the press telling them he needs more money to spend?

Anyone of note will be queueing up to get a job at an EPL club regardless of behind the scenes stuff.

Probably , although I would expect they'll be looking for assurances that unqualified 20 year olds won't be appointed as their assistant ?

Interesting feature in BBC website from Sam Hammam (Cardiff's previous owner). Says Mackay should have been sacked a while ago. Seems there's more to this than just a fall out mostly about money.

Edited by oscar

The claim that HE spent over his budget is ridiculous. This Tan character has the final say on all matters, clearly. Blaming that on Mackay is daft as f**k.

He did spend over his budget!!!

He was told he had £35M to spend, he spent £50M!!

If I gave the wife my credit card to go to Morrisons and told her she had £35 to spend and she spent £50, I would get rid too wink.png

Interesting feature in BBC website from Sam Hammam (Cardiff's previous owner). Says Mackay should have been sacked a while ago. Seems there's more to this than just a fall out mostly about money.

What Hammam appears to be saying is that because the relationship between Manager & Tan had broken down , there was only ever going to be one outcome. The will he - wont he saga only prolonged the inevitable.

He did spend over his budget!!!

He was told he had £35M to spend, he spent £50M!!

If I gave the wife my credit card to go to Morrisons and told her she had £35 to spend and she spent £50, I would get rid too wink.png

He's that manager. He selected a list of targets. The club spent over the budget. If he wanted £50million worth of players and Tan only wanted to spend £35million then that should have been all he was ever given.

If Danny Lennon went to the board and they said your budget is £30k and Lennon wanted to sign a boy at £40k he'd be told to get to f**k.

Managers clearly don't negotiate transfer fees, that's just silly.

• 10 months later...