Striker And Defender Needed

I think now saints have tied kello down till the end of the season its time to add a central defender to our squad. I don't rate mair! Mcausland and magregor I do rate but feel they are ropey when played together. The problem is we have no one else to play there? We would miss naismith in the position he is playing just now.

I also think we need another striker Thompson has been amazing and looks like he could link up with Adam cambell well but what happens if he is injured!

Would be nice to get a new defender, midfielder, striker, and a kit deal with proper Adidas or Nike, but Santa has gone for another year.

What I would like would be the current squad to be fit and available, and managed by Terry Butcher or someone who better knows what they're doing and can motivate, inspire, organise and mould a good looking St Mirren SPFL squad into something better than we're seeing.

Awaits reaction from behind bunker wearing 'boo boy' tin hat. Fcuk it, it's all about opinions, eh?

Poz your right Danny has had time he has had support but when you look at the league campaign in the cold light of day it is pretty poor. I want my team to challenge and to be in the mix I can't see us ever being that team with the current manager

Edited by norrie82

Would be nice to get a new defender, midfielder, striker, and a kit deal with proper Adidas or Nike, but Santa has gone for another year.

What I would like would be the current squad to be fit and available, and managed by Terry Butcher or someone who better knows what they're doing and can motivate, inspire, organise and mould a good looking St Mirren SPFL squad into something better than we're seeing.

Awaits reaction from behind bunker wearing 'boo boy' tin hat. Fcuk it, it's all about opinions, eh?

Butcher's been good and bad at times. He got ICT into a top six, but he also got them relegated FFS! He isn't any better than most in the SPL.

Butcher's been good and bad at times. He got ICT into a top six, but he also got them relegated FFS! He isn't any better than most in the SPL.

Get real.

Butcher came in in January 2009 and almost saved the club from relegation. Thankfully for us his team lost the last two games and were relegated instead of, you guessed it, US.

Still the highest number of points for a demoted team and exactly the same number as us.

He then took them to the top tier the very next season and went from strength to strength.

We are as good as anyone in this league apart from Celtic & Well and after the start we had have done really well Danny took the boot in the baws when we were pish now deserves some credit for the team now. I see no need in bringing anyone in i would prefer some deals being done to secure team in the long term Time for Mair Vanzy and Barron to go in the Summer their future is not with us.Lets get some pre contracts done for next season starting at the back Cheesy & McGregor are here long term but we need a decent left & right back we have a few months to get this sorted same with the forwards a couple of youngsters to help Thommo out and for them to learn off him.Get Danny a new contract as well he may not be the best but he is not the worst and he has St Mirren at heart now.Lets hit next season running with a full squad in all areas and get in the top 6.

We are as good as anyone in this league apart from Celtic & Well and after the start we had have done really well Danny took the boot in the baws when we were pish now deserves some credit for the team now. I see no need in bringing anyone in i would prefer some deals being done to secure team in the long term Time for Mair Vanzy and Barron to go in the Summer their future is not with us.Lets get some pre contracts done for next season starting at the back Cheesy & McGregor are here long term but we need a decent left & right back we have a few months to get this sorted same with the forwards a couple of youngsters to help Thommo out and for them to learn off him.Get Danny a new contract as well he may not be the best but he is not the worst and he has St Mirren at heart now.Lets hit next season running with a full squad in all areas and get in the top 6.

I think you've got yourself a bit mixed up there mate, well I hope you have.....

we've got good full backs, its strengthening at CH that's needed....and thommo's got

youngsters to help him out, Campbell and Reilly, its experience and a proven goalscorer

that's needed.....

surely your on the wind up..1eye.gif

Its not new players that we need.

Its a new manager that we need!

I see the bold Dan is questioning Harkins' work rate ????? No shit Dan , every supporter of every club he has played for could have told you that he's a lazy luxury , before you gave him a contract .!!!!

I see the bold Dan is questioning Harkins' work rate ????? No shit Dan , every supporter of every club he has played for could have told you that he's a lazy luxury , before you gave him a contract .!!!!

There was also many of our own supporters who thought he was a good signing.

It was up to Harkins to make it work.

There was also many of our own supporters who thought he was a good signing.

It was up to Harkins to make it work.

Was it ? Having known exactly what he was bringing in (I hope) , it was down to the manager to successfully integrate his style into the team. Epic fail I'm afraid !

I think you've got yourself a bit mixed up there mate, well I hope you have.....

we've got good full backs, its strengthening at CH that's needed....and thommo's got

youngsters to help him out, Campbell and Reilly, its experience and a proven goalscorer

that's needed.....

surely your on the wind up..1eye.gif

We have young guys in these positions who are not yet ready and need to be guided through

He also said.....................

I would have liked to have seen him work a little bit harder out of possession.

"I thought we he came here we could have changed that ever so slightly but it hasn't worked out as well as we had hoped for."

Alex Ferguson took a chance on a dafty called Cantona, that worked out quite well.

Nothing new in managers taking players who have shown traits that they feel they could change.

(Enter stage right Isabella 1eye.gif )

Get real.

Butcher came in in January 2009 and almost saved the club from relegation. Thankfully for us his team lost the last two games and were relegated instead of, you guessed it, US.

Still the highest number of points for a demoted team and exactly the same number as us.

He then took them to the top tier the very next season and went from strength to strength.

He got them to 7th, 10th and 4th. Not bad for a small provincial club, but hardly 'strength to strength'.