Has Mair Been Released?

Decent CH at our level - it would seem that time has caught up with him, aggravating his existing strain/injury during his H/T warm up shows how fragile he is these days. A move to Dens would benefit us provided we don't have to sweeten the deal too much and we can get a replacement in quickly.

Leaves (if he does) with a LC winners medal - all the best Lee until you come back next season when I will curse your groin! spudnikconfounded.gif

ET claims this:

"At the head of Bomber’s list is believed to be ex-Dark Blue Mair, who is available for loan"

For loan?

Not sure how we really benefit from that. If Dundee were paying his full wage, then why not simply release him. If not, then WTF?!?!

ET claims this:

"At the head of Bomber’s list is believed to be ex-Dark Blue Mair, who is available for loan"

For loan?

Not sure how we really benefit from that. If Dundee were paying his full wage, then why not simply release him. If not, then WTF?!?!

Would probably make more sense.

A loan with Dundee paying say, 50% of his wage and us picking up the rest.

Lee wouldn't want to settle for less than his contracts worth, so that's why a loan makes more sense than releasing him. Saves the club a bit of money and means he keeps earning a senior SPL players wage for the next 5 months.

If this does go through, how many mutual terminations will that be under Danny's stewardship?

It's a very expensive way to run a football club if you keep terminating contracts you've given to players before they expire.

I make it - Peter Bradley, Paul McQuade, Tom Brighton, Dougie Imrie, Jamie McKernon, Lewis Guy, Grant Adam, Aaron Mooy, Jon Robertson, Kealan Dillon & now Mair, although there's probably more.

What's more worrying is the number of players that he signs, have no effect and are released upon expiry of their contracts ie. Sander Puri, Ilias Haddad, Graeme Smith, Nick Hegarty, Jamie McCluskey and so on.

Thats 15+ signings off the top of my head since 2010, poor show.

I spoke with Brian Caldwell about 10 mins ago, no truth in the story that the player has been released, club puzzled as to where that came from.

Still trying to finalise the deal for Newton but regardless he will be available for selection in Perth as his current deal runs to 11th Jan.

I make it - Peter Bradley, Paul McQuade, Tom Brighton, Dougie Imrie, Jamie McKernon, Lewis Guy, Grant Adam, Aaron Mooy, Jon Robertson, Kealan Dillon & now Mair, although there's probably more.

What's more worrying is the number of players that he signs, have no effect and are released upon expiry of their contracts ie. Sander Puri, Ilias Haddad, Graeme Smith, Nick Hegarty, Jamie McCluskey and so on.

Thats 15+ signings off the top of my head since 2010, poor show.

Haddad, in fairness, played a wee part in THAT equaliser at Ibrox. I realise you can't judge a player on highlights, but still... he played a small part in a bit of Saints greatness. And did f**k all else. whistling.gif

I spoke with Brian Caldwell about 10 mins ago, no truth in the story that the player has been released, club puzzled as to where that came from.

Still trying to finalise the deal for Newton but regardless he will be available for selection in Perth as his current deal runs to 11th Jan.

So there is no expensive DL-inspired pay off then?

Is there any immenent arrivals or is it top secret.

I find it strange also since we are struggling for players at the moment.

Any news should be players coming in

Would probably make more sense.

A loan with Dundee paying say, 50% of his wage and us picking up the rest.

Lee wouldn't want to settle for less than his contracts worth, so that's why a loan makes more sense than releasing him. Saves the club a bit of money and means he keeps earning a senior SPL players wage for the next 5 months.

Fair enough, we wouldn't be wanting to be out of pocket in terms of terminating his contract. Players can be released from their contracts by mutual consent, however. I would imagine he might be keen to move on and get more game time and possibly some coaching experience. Would it be hard to negotiate a release at no cost to either party? I've no idea, but even paying half his wages for another club to utilise his services when we will be offloading regardless doesn't seem ideal. We have one less player available, and won't benefit in the way that we did by having a young player such as Naismith out on loan to gain experience etc.

Of course, if we have a centre half lined up, it might paint a different picture....

Edited by Drew

Fair enough, we wouldn't be wanting to be out of pocket in terms of terminating his contract. Players can be released from their contracts by mutual consent, however. I would imagine he might be keen to move on and get more game time and possibly some coaching experience. Would it be hard to negotiate a release at no cost to either party? I've no idea, but even paying half his wages for another club to utilise his services when we will be offloading regardless doesn't seem ideal. We have one less player available, and won't benefit in the way that we did by having a young player such as Naismith out on loan to gain experience etc.

Of course, if we have a centre half lined up, it might paint a different picture....

I have no idea what's going on at present with Lee Mair but back in a different era that was the deal being offered when we were trying to get rid of Dennis Wyness.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I have no idea what's going on at present with Lee Mair but back in a different era that was the deal being offered when we were trying to get rid of Dennis Wyness.

Seems a bit bonkers to me unless we are freeing up some money to pay someone who is likely to feature more often than the player heading in the other direction.