What Are We Playing At

toon army

Why oh why has another window came and went without messers lennon craig and gilmour actually strengthing our weakest area on the pitch. We let go a centre half irrespective of how good or bad he is or isnt but where is the friggin logic in not strengthening before letting go . I have tried to defend lennon this season but its now so comical its not funny we go to that lot on sunday with mcgregor as far as i recall as only legitimate ch. Just what are the board and mangement hoping for in remainder of season that partick and ross county have stinkers and that hearts now on plus points dont get much more. Thomo is out on his feet so if we cant score we are in serious bother now even when we do score we cant keep the bottom team out

Wont let funds go as there hoping the club will be sold before the end of the season, same reason DL has not been offered a new contract,

Sorry Gary but it would not matter a jot if they spend or dont spend but for what its worth im a worried man and think that not enough has been done to ensure OUR club is prepared for the fight.

A couple of players will come in this week because they are free agents ,just don't understand why they have not already been signed we play Celtic tomorrow and after another Parkhead doing the heads will be down .

It would need to be free agent 007 to get us out of the doldrums.Even beating Hibs papered over the cracks.I will be there tomorrow more in hope than expectation.

It would need to be free agent 007 to get us out of the doldrums.Even beating Hibs papered over the cracks.I will be there tomorrow more in hope than expectation.

Sorry, don't buy these type of statements.

It was a win that got away against Thistle, barely gets a mention but mainly moaning and greeting we didn't win.

We were unlucky against Hearts, dodgy penalty, Thommo misses a few decent chances, all we hear is another game lost.

So to write off a win against a HIbs team that were going well as "papering over the cracks" is an insult to the manager and team that won that day.

I can only imagine the board won't release funds. Why else would you let six go and bring in three to an already threadbare squad. I think it will be v hard to avoid the playoff.

I think it's more of, they havn't got any funds to release

as each transfer window opens and closes signings from the previous window, that we're deemed reasonable at the time are released to be replaced by lesser names, dare I say it lower standing in the game, in other words cheaper options, although the cheaper options from the youth development have been a success.

Is the club looking at hearts squad and thinking that with such little money and a volunteer coach they are picking up just several points less than us ?

while as a club we seem to be penny pinching at every opportunity and without checking the figures I get the impression attendances are slipping

while the lack of investment due to reasons well documented, the alternatives, fans council raffles etc, aren't providing the income required to sustain the squad assembled at the start of the season

I think the player choices being made during the past 3 transfer windows are due to rapidly decreasing budget reassessments

while as a club we seem to be penny pinching at every opportunity and without checking the figures I get the impression attendances are slipping

They're up by about 50 a game. Somebody on P&B posted average figures for all the clubs a few weeks ago.

However, that may well be due to increased away supports.

They're up by about 50 a game. Somebody on P&B posted average figures for all the clubs a few weeks ago.

However, that may well be due to increased away supports.

Thistle and Killie Aberdeen and Well twice at home and Ross County and Sneckie only once has got to boost attendances

It was a win that got away against Thistle, barely gets a mention but mainly moaning and greeting we didn't win.

We were unlucky against Hearts, dodgy penalty, Thommo misses a few decent chances, all we hear is another game lost.

So to write off a win against a HIbs team that were going well as "papering over the cracks" is an insult to the manager and team that won that day.

I can't comment (unlike some) on the hibs game as I wasn't at it but I do know, from being at 95% of the other games this season, that we will do well to finish 10th or better as we have been piss poor all season. Whether this has to do with having no money, inept management or a board that don't want to be there anymore I'm unsure. I'll be there tomorrow and should we get anything out of the game it most definitely will be a result that papers over the cracks!

I can't comment (unlike some) on the hibs game as I wasn't at it but I do know, from being at 95% of the other games this season, that we will do well to finish 10th or better as we have been piss poor all season. Whether this has to do with having no money, inept management or a board that don't want to be there anymore I'm unsure. I'll be there tomorrow and should we get anything out of the game it most definitely will be a result that papers over the cracks!

That's nice.

Wont let funds go as there hoping the club will be sold before the end of the season, same reason DL has not been offered a new contract,

Who is going buy us for the money they want.

I also believe that Gilmour doesn't want out,can't speak for the others though

imo though

Edited by windae cleaner

Our performance in the second half was woeful and the manager and players know that.Dare i ask if you were even at the match?

A couple of players will come in this week because they are free agents ,just don't understand why they have not already been signed we play Celtic tomorrow and after another Parkhead doing the heads will be down .

anyone who is good enough and free will be hoping for a better offer than saints can make, one of them may jump into our laps on a highly conditional deal soon

Looks like the board have taken the gamble that we have enough about us to stay up. Not sure where we are at with selling the club but surely the price must fall if we were to drop into the 2nd tier ?

There is often a fine line between success and failure - last season Isma rescued our season. Looking at our squad now i must admit im worried as all it will take is a couple of injuries to key players and we are in the brown stuff.

Our performance in the second half was woeful and the manager and players know that.Dare i ask if you were even at the match?

Oh dear, so you love to mention our "woeful" 2nd half performance and the first half was.............

Also don't you think Hibs upped their game in the 2nd half as would have been expected?

Does it matter if I was at the match or not, it the unbalanced post I'm TRYING to point out.

PS I have every sympathy when people attend games and feel disappointed.

The only 2 games I've attended, just to keep you happy, we have not scored a goal.

Edited by faraway saint

Looks like the board have taken the gamble that we have enough about us to stay up. Not sure where we are at with selling the club but surely the price must fall if we were to drop into the 2nd tier ?

There is often a fine line between success and failure - last season Isma rescued our season. Looking at our squad now i must admit im worried as all it will take is a couple of injuries to key players and we are in the brown stuff.

We are well in the brown stuff allready.

The team is not equipped to be in the spl dogfight it's lightweight. Danny hasn't been able to strengthen the one area he needed most and that is the defence. If the board let this club slip down to the championship it will undo the tremendous job they did by getting us into the spl and everything that's went since. Make no mistake that If we go down we will be stripped of any quality and play young lads. The people who work for the club will lose their jobs with the decrease in attendances and sponsorship. Sure the premiership isn't great but in Scotland it is the only place to be. Please don't say hearts and rangers being in the league will be good as if you look at it we would not finish above either of them and do you really fancy Cowdenbeath and Alloa away? I'm fed up,with saints at min I'm there each game cos that's what we do but I don't understand how winning the league cup wasn't the platform we needed to push onto that next level and move from being bottom feeders to mid table? It's so boring no players no money no nothing. We're going to get beat today we all know it but that's nothing new it's failing to take 3 points v hearts , stjohnstone, kille and thistle that's going to cost us. Regardless if the team is being sold off the chairman has a duty to do the best for the club. Our next run of fixtures isn't great and with a manger that's ran out of ideas I am v worried. Is there anything we can do to help us survive?