Lennon Out

What is virtual gardening leave? Like virtual racing ?? So him standing in the dug out means he's not actually there. It sounds like something out of Star Wars Lex ?

Would you care to name the players then?

never heard so much keech in all my life players picking the team with Danny in the dugout.

Like most of us I've no idea if there's anything in the story about senior players being the de facto management. If there is any truth in it, I wonder if Danny has a sense of humour. In a couple of posts recently about Danny's post match comments he was castigated for saying things along the line of 'I've no idea what happened in the last ten minutes' or ' I just don't know what was going on today'. I'm paraphrasing but maybe he had sod all to do with a lot of decisions and he was taking the piss. Hard to imagine the board actually sanctioning anything of the sort but the whole business just doesn't feel right. Danny's position looks absolutely untenable. I feel sorry for him especially with the amount of abuse hurled at him and not least from this forum. A decent man but he hasn't delivered enough. I just wish the team would get its act together. If we could get anywhere near how well we played for the first 79 minutes against Dundee United we could win all five play-off games.

Like most of us I've no idea if there's anything in the story about senior players being the de facto management. If there is any truth in it, I wonder if Danny has a sense of humour. In a couple of posts recently about Danny's post match comments he was castigated for saying things along the line of 'I've no idea what happened in the last ten minutes' or ' I just don't know what was going on today'. I'm paraphrasing but maybe he had sod all to do with a lot of decisions and he was taking the piss. Hard to imagine the board actually sanctioning anything of the sort but the whole business just doesn't feel right. Danny's position looks absolutely untenable. I feel sorry for him especially with the amount of abuse hurled at him and not least from this forum. A decent man but he hasn't delivered enough. I just wish the team would get its act together. If we could get anywhere near how well we played for the first 79 minutes against Dundee United we could win all five play-off games.

So Goodwin, Thompson & Teale must go.

So Goodwin, Thompson & Teale must go.

I've no idea if there's anything in any of this. If for argument's sake those players have been running things for a few weeks, there's been no visible improvement. Possibly the players prefer losing with someone other than Danny in charge!?

I've always kept schtum about Danny's position,Shull, but it's out in the open now which is regrettable. I kept hoping he would come through but it looks like he won't be with us next season. If the players you name are in charge, it's still no surprise that Danny is still there. You can bet his lawyer would advise him to sit tight. With his contract almost up he probably has no alternative.

The whole bloody thing just seems an absolute mess and the board has still said sod all.

I've no idea if there's anything in any of this. If for argument's sake those players have been running things for a few weeks, there's been no visible improvement. Possibly the players prefer losing with someone other than Danny in charge!?

I've always kept schtum about Danny's position,Shull, but it's out in the open now which is regrettable. I kept hoping he would come through but it looks like he won't be with us next season. If the players you name are in charge, it's still no surprise that Danny is still there. You can bet his lawyer would advise him to sit tight. With his contract almost up he probably has no alternative.

The whole bloody thing just seems an absolute mess and the board has still said sod all.

Those players are nowt to do with me. I was joking.

Danny is the Manager and a legend tae.

Yeh, I'm sure Goodwin would have dropped himself.......

Goodwin isn't one of the two senior players that are apparently picking the team.

What is virtual gardening leave? Like virtual racing ?? So him standing in the dug out means he's not actually there. It sounds like something out of Star Wars Lex ?

Would you care to name the players then?

It's the players taking control of team affairs and the club allowing Danny continuing to sit in the dugout and front up to the media and finish his contract without being sacked. Danny and the players know he won't be here next season regardless of results between now and May.

Apparently it happened in the week before the Killie game, Danny wanted to try some new system during the week and tested it out in a bounce match against the u20 team at Ralston and the seniors were 2 down after 30 minutes. Words were said and it ended with Danny basically saying ' do it your way then '. So the players did and we won the game 2-0, and the two senior players have been effectively managing the team since.

never heard so much keech in all my life players picking the team with Danny in the dugout.

I don't know if it's true or not, just saying what i've heard. There has certainly been incidents recently where this theory has made sense.

There will be no truth in this whatsoever, you dont put someone on effective gardening leave, it would be constructive dismissal and Lennon would have all the ammunition he needs to sue for a nice payout.

I don't think the BoD have anything to do with it, and even if they were complicit, surely Danny couldn't sue us for anymore than the 2 months wages he's got left on his contract? I'm sure Danny would rather have it this way than have a sacking on his CV, which would be the only alternative after a player mutiny.

more pants than the M&S undies department.

how are we handling the issue of subs? are teale and thomson wearing headsets

i'd be upset with anyone who thought i was so daft they could feed me this kind of crap

Indeed.

IF I'd heard anything like this I certainly wouldn't be posting it on our forum.

What good would it do?

Can only continue to create the picture we're in more of a mess that the league table, which is a fact, tells us.

Indeed.

IF I'd heard anything like this I certainly wouldn't be posting it on our forum.

What good would it do?

Can only continue to create the picture we're in more of a mess that the league table, which is a fact, tells us.

I wouldn't have posted it either unless I knew it to be true but once the cat's out the bag there's no point pretending it hasn't been said. There have been enough rumours that seem to suggest there's a problem possibly with egos.. Where is the board? I still think we can avoid the playoffs but I think possibly heads need to be banged together and banged hard before it's too late and surely that's Stewart Gilmour's job. It will be a disaster if we go down.

I wouldn't have posted it either unless I knew it to be true but once the cat's out the bag there's no point pretending it hasn't been said. There have been enough rumours that seem to suggest there's a problem possibly with egos.. Where is the board? I still think we can avoid the playoffs but I think possibly heads need to be banged together and banged hard before it's too late and surely that's Stewart Gilmour's job. It will be a disaster if we go down.

That's where we differ Rick.

Even IF I did know it was true I still don't believe its for public knowledge.

Again, what good will it do if the general support knew this, especially with some of the more "eloquent" and "balanced" supporters we have?

Goodwin isn't one of the two senior players that are apparently picking the team.

It's the players taking control of team affairs and the club allowing Danny continuing to sit in the dugout and front up to the media and finish his contract without being sacked. Danny and the players know he won't be here next season regardless of results between now and May.

Apparently it happened in the week before the Killie game, Danny wanted to try some new system during the week and tested it out in a bounce match against the u20 team at Ralston and the seniors were 2 down after 30 minutes. Words were said and it ended with Danny basically saying ' do it your way then '. So the players did and we won the game 2-0, and the two senior players have been effectively managing the team since.

I don't know if it's true or not, just saying what i've heard. There has certainly been incidents recently where this theory has made sense.

I don't think the BoD have anything to do with it, and even if they were complicit, surely Danny couldn't sue us for anymore than the 2 months wages he's got left on his contract? I'm sure Danny would rather have it this way than have a sacking on his CV, which would be the only alternative after a player mutiny.

The club captain would allow 2 senior players to drop him..... It's getting better. Edited by davidg

The club captain would allow 2 senior players to drop him..... It's getting better.

Can't believe somebody would believe that tosh. I also like the bit where he says that we were two down and the senior players made the changes and we won 2-0.

When was negative scoring introduced?

Only one thing for it surely. Gilmour and the board - out. Danny Lennon and Tommy Craig - out. Any senior players who are acting the billy big baws / not trying / undermining the manager no matter what they personally think of him - out. Loanees who may not be overly concerned about the fate of St Mirren FC, knowing they will simply return to their parent clubs - out. JD Sports and a deal that STILL doesn't see St Mirren kits on sale in a St Mirren shop - out.

Alan Provan - in.

Only one thing for it surely. Gilmour and the board - out. Danny Lennon and Tommy Craig - out. Any senior players who are acting the billy big baws / not trying / undermining the manager no matter what they personally think of him - out. Loanees who may not be overly concerned about the fate of St Mirren FC, knowing they will simply return to their parent clubs - out. JD Sports and a deal that STILL doesn't see St Mirren kits on sale in a St Mirren shop - out.

Alan Provan - in.

Going to be a quiet place next season........................tumbleweed?

That's where we differ Rick.

Even IF I did know it was true I still don't believe its for public knowledge.

Again, what good will it do if the general support knew this, especially with some of the more "eloquent" and "balanced" supporters we have?

I've never broken any news on here and don't suppose I ever will. But once something is in the public domain I think facing up to it is better than allowing crazy rumours to spread as they will. The truth will come out eventually. The cynic in me wonders if that will be when the club sale goes through if it ever does. I first heard rumours about Danny having problems with a few players last year but I didn't hear it from anyone on this forum. Nor did I spread it.

So let me get this straight....

The team were 2-0 down, then players decided to take control, and they won 2-0!

When did we sign Derren Brown?

So let me get this straight....

The team were 2-0 down, then players decided to take control, and they won 2-0!

When did we sign Derren Brown?

Not so far fetched. We made Imrie, Cornell, Harkins, Grainger and Caprice disappear.

Now, that's magic!