Lennon Out

The support that day at Falkirk was unbelievable. From half an hour before kick off our end was jam packed with everyone, and I mean everyone singing their hearts out, so much so the music in the stadium was turned up to drown us out, which never worked as we just sang louder. I'm sure that some of the players said they could hear the support in the dressing room and it really fired them up that day.

Unbelievable day... Days like that is why we are St. Mirren fans.

The Motherwell game was utterly draining on account of the contrasting emotions. From complete desolation when 2-0 down, to the most incredible elation when Sutton hit our third home.

I have never experienced a swing in emotions like that, and most likely never will again. We had a huge crowd through there, and the sense of dismay at half time was palpable. After the keeper made an arse of a tame Sutton effort, we clung onto the most improbable hope, then Billy hit a sweet curler and the roof nearly came off that old stand. Sitting directly behind the goal when Sutton leathered home the winner, I thought my heart would actually burst! Did that just f**king happen?!?!

The Falkirk match wasn't a roller-coaster. We simply blew them away - truly magnificent!

Edited by Drew

I would say they were on a par with winning finals for atmosphere and memories. Funnily enough, in 1987 I was more excited at the end of the Hearts semi final than the final itself. This was because of the complete and utter kicks in the stones that were the three 1980s losing semi finals. The Billy Thompson through the legs Aberdeen replay, the pelted with coins Rangers replay, and the spawny Celtic winning goal in another semi.

Those games, plus Hammarby and the 2010 LC final.... Bloody hell.

Getting past the Scottish Cup semi final stage was magic.

Pelted with coins you were lucky

Hauf bricks were coming my way.

It was 4 losing semi-finals,you're forgetting the ref inspired Gers in the other.

You're right the Hearts semi was great especially it was deserved like the last season semi

The thing about the Falkirk game we're all talking about - can you see that sort of performance from this group of players and management team?

There seems to be no fight for the manager at the moment, I couldn't believe how inept the performance was on Tuesday - particularly after the press chat beforehand about how important a game it was.

I wasn't Gus's biggest fan, but the players seemed to play for him when we needed it - I worry about them doing it for Danny.

The thing about the Falkirk game we're all talking about - can you see that sort of performance from this group of players and management team?

There seems to be no fight for the manager at the moment, I couldn't believe how inept the performance was on Tuesday - particularly after the press chat beforehand about how important a game it was.

I wasn't Gus's biggest fan, but the players seemed to play for him when we needed it - I worry about them doing it for Danny.

Could you have predicted the "Falkirk" performance before the game?

Remember, we were in deep doo doo because of many poor performances before that game.

It wasn't aimed at you as you didn't say you wouldn't go. I am not pronouncing myself to be an uber fan but I honestly find it difficult to understand the logic of anyone who claims to support the club but would refuse to go and support the team in a potentially vital match down to a manager not being sacked. Yes this season has been crap but we are not done for yet (despite the manager imo). A big support in the post split away games might just make the difference like at Stirling, Falkirk and Motherwell. If we do end up in the play off then the same applies but we can still avoid that scenario and we can at least try to help the only way we can by backing the team on the park. You are entitled to respect an individual's choice to stay away on the grounds of Lennon still being manager but that sticks in my craw. The club always has been and always will be bigger than any individual be that manager, player or chairman for that matter.

A very reasonable post - perhaps it's the 100th Anniversary of WW1 but I did rather go over the top.

Danny is puzzled by that last performance, says it all really.

In fairness to Danny I can see why he is puzzled by the performance... putting his tactical errors and poor decisions aside if you compare the performance against St.Johnstone to Dundee Utd and from what I have heard the first half against Celtic then it would come across as puzzling. I can see why he would be shocked that the team came out with so little desire and at times lost the ability to pass a ball.

Would you have predicted a performance like the one against St.Johnstone before the match?

Edited by chrissy

In fairness to Danny I can see why he is puzzled by the performance... putting his tactical errors and poor decisions aside if you compare the performance against St.Johnstone to Dundee Utd and from what I have heard the first half against Celtic then it would come across as puzzling. I can see why he would be shocked that the team came out with so little desire and at times lost the ability to pass a ball.

Would you have predicted a performance like the one against St.Johnstone before the match?

He's elvis's apprentice, what do you think?

Could you have predicted the "Falkirk" performance before the game?

Remember, we were in deep doo doo because of many poor performances before that game.

exactly, no-one saw that or the Motherwell result, we travelled more in hope than expectation, and will do so again. If following Saints has taught me anything it is hope is all we have.

I questioned the team but hadn't been to any of the previous 3 games and my mates who had been thought it was right to go with them after the last three performances as they had played well which was fair enough.

I also think the presence of Andy Millen might have had a significant bearing back then.

I understand that relations weren't always great between certain players and Gus and Andy, but I always got the impression that the players respected Andy as a model pro who looked after himself and lived for the game. I also think they could be a wee bit intimidated by him at times, and that isn't a bad thing in some respects. I don't mean intimidated in the bullying sense, more the fact that he was a bit of a machine in terms of his fitness regimes and attitude towards competing and winning.

All in all, I always thought that Andy was a good guy to have around the club due to his attitude towards the game. He was an uncompromising figure in many ways, and single-minded, but, when things are stacked against you, a siege mentality can be a positive attribute if employed correctly.

Perhaps we are underestimating our current squad and management team. Time will tell, I suppose. Time to buckle up in any event!

Edited by Drew

Against a John Hughes side too.

If we play half as good as that tomorrow we will win by 5.

Only John Hughes would shake the hand of a player that has just been sent off as his team is loosing 2 nil at home. lol.

What a pass that was from Mehmet to Dorman who was surrounded by about 4 plebs.

It gets you thinking are we actually as good as we think we are right now?

So many players who would walk into our starting 11.

Man for man if say we'd be better off with Ross, Haining, Cuthbert, Dorman, Murray, Mehmet and even wee Thomson would arguably get into our starting 11 now.

The shugster played an absolute blinder at right mid that day. A great tactical move by Gus, he won everything in the air that day and roaster Barr (I'm sure it was him). Every goal kick was played in that direction.

It gets you thinking are we actually as good as we think we are right now?

So many players who would walk into our starting 11.

Man for man if say we'd be better off with Ross, Haining, Cuthbert, Dorman, Murray, Mehmet and even wee Thomson would arguably get into our starting 11 now.

The shugster played an absolute blinder at right mid that day. A great tactical move by Gus, he won everything in the air that day and roaster Barr (I'm sure it was him). Every goal kick was played in that direction.

I'd say we're better off in midfield, though Shuggie at his peak would have had more than a shout of starting for us right now. Our defence and attack is a lot weaker than it was then.

Against a John Hughes side too.

If we play half as good as that tomorrow we will win by 5.

that was a fantastic day, I think motherwell away was better though, ive never experienced anything like that in my life, 2 nil down dead and buried then to come back like we did, it was up there with winning the cup, f**king tremendous, I was only 19 then :)