Partick Thistle V St Mirren (Rip Simon Richardson)

Lex

Defensive nightmare that goal was.......

Naismith too casual and a bit complacent, Macausland nowhere near touch tight, a bit sleepy , Dilo failed to lift his arms. All in all , a pretty desperate goal to lose tbh.

I Thought that at the game but watched it today and think it was a brilliant cross and finish and so a bit of credit to due to them....

Decent point for us even with county winning, big game next week but reckon we need 3 points to be safe and reckon we'll get them

I flinched at the TWO "would of" aberrations....

The however was fine though the comma was on the wrong side of it.

Saintargyll knows his stuff however....

So I blamed the Ardrishaig broadband... For also missing out apostrophes on the odd "im"... rolleyes.gif

I can only blame laziness for that

I flinched at the TWO "would of" aberrations....

The however was fine though the comma was on the wrong side of it.

Saintargyll knows his stuff however....

So I blamed the Ardrishaig broadband... For also missing out apostrophes on the odd "im"... rolleyes.gif

If you are going to be pedantic, get it right. However, in that siuation, should be preceded by and followed by a comma!

If you are going to be pedantic, get it right. However, in that siuation, should be preceded by and followed by a comma!

I was wrong but I don't think that's right, either.

(I KNOW that 'siuation' isnae.... :). )

I was pished whilst responding to that call for my pedantry - never a good time... :rolleyes:

Good morning, world! :)

Help ma Boab.........You are for it now with that mistake........lol.giflol.giflol.gif

ETA. Bluto was too quick on the draw there....

Edited by thomsons dropped it

it will be your "should of" that will get you the kicking Saintargyll!

I f**kin hate "should of" & could of" instead of "Should HAVE" & "Could HAVE" unfortunatley they appear to be coming more & more acceptable in everyday language.

Dont get me wrong , i`m no English language & Grammar expert & i make plenty of f**k ups on here with Grammar (thanks for pointing them out Bluto! ) but those two really hack me off!!

Even more annoying is the increasing use of these phrases on telly !

We have the worst goals against in the league very easy for someone who dose not pay to watch the team.not to understand that. Midfield played too deep for long spells in the first half. Second half we should have used wide men like your pointing out especially when you have Thomo. Still a share of the points is not disasters makes this weeks home game more exciting if a little nerve racking

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

We have the worst goals against in the league very easy for someone who dose not pay to watch the team.not to understand that. Midfield played too deep for long spells in the first half. Second half we should have used wide men like your pointing out especially when you have a predictor in Thomo. Still a share of the points is not disasters makes this weeks home game more exciting if a little nerve racking

No, we don't. bye1.gif

As stated on Friday, I was unable to get a ticket for the match, and in retrospect i am glad as it was a terrible game, Saints were back to the usual dross and barely deserved a draw ( my opinion I stress).

The point I was making on Fri was that I had guessed that the all-ticket fiasco would be a farce. What do I see when BBC Alba start broadcasting ? Yes, the ground was half empty.

When are the idiots who impose these ticket matches going to realise they are putting fans off going to the game ? And I dont accept that its because of police restrictions etc etc. These things can be appealed.

Results elsewhere seem to have gone for us, thankfully, and it looks as if we may just avoid the play-off spot. Yet again though, its down to someone else saving us and this is becoming tedious in the extreme.

As stated on Friday, I was unable to get a ticket for the match, and in retrospect i am glad as it was a terrible game, Saints were back to the usual dross and barely deserved a draw ( my opinion I stress).

The point I was making on Fri was that I had guessed that the all-ticket fiasco would be a farce. What do I see when BBC Alba start broadcasting ? Yes, the ground was half empty.

When are the idiots who impose these ticket matches going to realise they are putting fans off going to the game ? And I dont accept that its because of police restrictions etc etc. These things can be appealed.

Results elsewhere seem to have gone for us, thankfully, and it looks as if we may just avoid the play-off spot. Yet again though, its down to someone else saving us and this is becoming tedious in the extreme.

The parts of the ground which were half empty were the North Stand and Jackie Husband stand, the two home stands which were both pay at the gate. I didn't bother reading the whole of your rant.

The parts of the ground which were half empty were the North Stand and Jackie Husband stand, the two home stands which were both pay at the gate. I didn't bother reading the whole of your rant.

You mean, you didnt understand it.

Just as a matter of interest, is everything certain posters write on here either a rant or spewed ? Just curious .

If you dont agree with the post, just make your own point of view, thats if you have the grammar to do so, of course.

You mean, you didnt understand it.

Just as a matter of interest, is everything certain posters write on here either a rant or spewed ? Just curious .

If you dont agree with the post, just make your own point of view, thats if you have the grammar to do so, of course.

No, I meant 'I didn't bother reading'. I made my point quite clearly, the empty seats were not as a result of the ticket policy, as the empty seats were pay at the gate.

Incidentally the tickets for the Main Stand (which sold out) had been on sale for 3 weeks; in person at the ticket office, by telephone and online. There isn't much more can be done to make them available, unless of course you know differently.

For what it's worth, if you are going to try to criticise another person's grammar then perhaps you should learn to type "don't" and "that's".

I couldn`t get a ticket for a game I decided I wished to attend on the day of the match.I now realise that weeks of planning is required to gain entry to massive crowds of over five thousand. Maybe thats why I don`t go to away matches these days.The only way to allow more fans into matches would be pay at the gate, the way it always was, and still should be.Its only my point of view, no need to agree or deride it.

I couldn`t get a ticket for a game I decided I wished to attend on the day of the match.I now realise that weeks of planning is required to gain entry to massive crowds of over five thousand. Maybe thats why I don`t go to away matches these days.The only way to allow more fans into matches would be pay at the gate, the way it always was, and still should be.Its only my point of view, no need to agree or deride it.

I really don't follow your logic. St Mirren sold all of the 'unrestricted view' seats in advance of the game, then many of the restricted view seats, the remainder of which were available for sale on the night at Firhill. I don't see how not selling tickets in advance could have increased the number of Saints fans who could have attended, there is a finite number of seats in the stand.

We were poor on Friday, and I found the whole experience of attending the match a bit underwhelming, if I am being totally honest.

I think it was a bit of an anti-climax for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it had perhaps been over-hyped in the build-up, and the game didn't quite live up the billing. Secondly, the match was always going to struggle to equal the excitement and drama of the previous two matches against Motherwell (tremendous fight back to win 3-2) and Hibs (holding on to win 2-0 despite the injustice of the JG red card).

There will be a wee edge on Saturday against County due to Derek Adams being a repellent scrote, so hopefully the atmosphere and performance will have a bit more spice.

I really don't follow your logic. St Mirren sold all of the 'unrestricted view' seats in advance of the game, then many of the restricted view seats, the remainder of which were available for sale on the night at Firhill. I don't see how not selling tickets in advance could have increased the number of Saints fans who could have attended, there is a finite number of seats in the stand.

If you have decided in advance to go to a game, then by all means buy a ticket or reserve your place, but all games should be pay at the gate as well. When was the last time a game in this country was a sell-out ? There is always room to turn up and pay in.

If you have decided in advance to go to a game, then by all means buy a ticket or reserve your place, but all games should be pay at the gate as well. When was the last time a game in this country was a sell-out ? There is always room to turn up and pay in.

I'm so glad I'm not one of your schoolteachers. Left over tickets were on sale at the ground.

The ancient turnstile system for the main stand at Firhill could not possibly cope with controlling the numbers had it been pay at the gate, they would have no idea when to prevent access if needed, and overfilling that rabbit warren of a stand would be a nightmare. All ticket is the only sensible option when Saints go to that ground.

I'm so glad I'm not one of your schoolteachers. Left over tickets were on sale at the ground.

The ancient turnstile system for the main stand at Firhill could not possibly cope with controlling the numbers had it been pay at the gate, they would have no idea when to prevent access if needed, and overfilling that rabbit warren of a stand would be a nightmare. All ticket is the only sensible option when Saints go to that ground.

It's a death trap... seriously

It's a death trap... seriously

They have obviously changed wooden structures to grey concrete and that has allowed it to pass muster with the fire authorities.

I would worry about fire breaking out whilst the narrow corridors are filled with fans leaving the ground.

Smoke would cause panic and a stampede would be the killer not the fire.