Jeroen Tesselaar

Dave The Buddie

As was said in another post we should just get all the players back from 2 years ago and try again because that team was way better than the league position suggested. Give tommy a crack at it with the same players. Tesselaar, hasslebaink, Carey get them all back whilst they're free agents!

As was said in another post we should just get all the players back from 2 years ago and try again because that team was way better than the league position suggested. Give tommy a crack at it with the same players. Tesselaar, hasslebaink, Carey get them all back whilst they're free agents!

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Please, tell me this is a whoosh moment? 1eye.gif

I'd say we should bring him back.........

.......as the official photographer http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/15177568

It is very very rare that a player who returns to St Mirren reaches the same levels as they did first time around.

Just off the top of my head the only players that I can remember watching that did return and go on to make a big diifference for Saints for many seasons were:

Jackie Copland

Iain Munro

Tony Fitzpatrick

Frank McGarvey

Barry Lavety did brilliant at the start of 99/00 but injuries & fitness sadly took their toll.

Agree with BillyG - we have priorities in other key positions that we have been weak in for a few seasons.

And Jim Blair!!

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Please, tell me this is a whoosh moment? 1eye.gif

Why? All 3 are good players and better than most players we currently have on our books.

And all 3 played in a team that played the best football our club has seen in decades.

Why would you not want them back? Don't see an abundance of quality players out there on free transfers!

Edited by Big Yards

Seems to have had a tough time of it at Killie.

He was better at going forward than defending but that suited our style in the 11/12 season. Kelly is maybe better defensively but i'd say JT is much better going forward than Sean.

Do we feel comfortable enough with 2 inexperienced lb's going into the new season again?

Seems to have had a tough time of it at Killie.

He was better at going forward than defending but that suited our style in the 11/12 season. Kelly is maybe better defensively but i'd say JT is much better going forward than Sean.

Do we feel comfortable enough with 2 inexperienced lb's going into the new season again?

We brought in an expereinced left back last season, and we all know how that worked out.

Kelly is a developing player. There are areas of his game that require a good bit of work, such as his positioning, but he didn't look out of place last season, and deserves to be our first choice LB, in my view.

I also don't entirely agree with your analysis of the players. I think Kelly is decent going forward, and thinking that he needs to work a bit more on areas of his defensive play. His decision-making lets him down at times both at the back and in advanced decisions, but that will improve with experience. I wouldn't agree that Tesselaar is much better going forward. He had his moments, but wasn't consistently strong as an attacking full back. Likewise his defending.

I strongly belive that we should stick with our home grown players when at all possible. Both Naismith and Kelly acquitted themselves very well last season, often in challenging circumstances. I'm not sure that our budget would stretch to having young players with potential and an older, more experienced head in every position. I also think it would be unfair in the extreme to drop either full back just now unless we brought in a significantly better player for the position. Tess isn't significantly better than Kelly (I'm not entirely sure if he is much better at all), so I would question the wisdom of the signing. Carey would make more sense as he is more versatile.

I thought Tesselaar was the best left back we've had in a while, and was good going forward and ok defensively. He seemed to pick up a few injuries at Killie and I'm not sure he played as well for them as he did during his season for us.

I'm hoping Tommy Craig is also working on other signing priorities like central defensive, striking options, and it is looking like if McGowan, McLean and McGinn go we could actually do with DL back to sign us some midfielders!

I thought Tesselaar was the best left back we've had in a while, and was good going forward and ok defensively. He seemed to pick up a few injuries at Killie and I'm not sure he played as well for them as he did during his season for us.

I'm hoping Tommy Craig is also working on other signing priorities like central defensive, striking options, and it is looking like if McGowan, McLean and McGinn go we could actually do with DL back to sign us some midfielders!

The thing is though, as has been pointed out, Tesselaar spent most of last season in centarl defence for Killie.

Maybe he is the central defender that TC wants.

Get a couple of central defenders , an attacking midfielder and another experienced forward in , and then look at guys like Tess if there's still money available !

Indeed.

The mere thought of Tesselaar and McAusland as our central defensive partnership for next season fills me with dread.

The opposition forwards,will however, be rubbing their hands with glee.

We brought in an expereinced left back last season, and we all know how that worked out.

Kelly is a developing player. There are areas of his game that require a good bit of work, such as his positioning, but he didn't look out of place last season, and deserves to be our first choice LB, in my view.

I also don't entirely agree with your analysis of the players. I think Kelly is decent going forward, and thinking that he needs to work a bit more on areas of his defensive play. His decision-making lets him down at times both at the back and in advanced decisions, but that will improve with experience. I wouldn't agree that Tesselaar is much better going forward. He had his moments, but wasn't consistently strong as an attacking full back. Likewise his defending.

I strongly belive that we should stick with our home grown players when at all possible. Both Naismith and Kelly acquitted themselves very well last season, often in challenging circumstances. I'm not sure that our budget would stretch to having young players with potential and an older, more experienced head in every position. I also think it would be unfair in the extreme to drop either full back just now unless we brought in a significantly better player for the position. Tess isn't significantly better than Kelly (I'm not entirely sure if he is much better at all), so I would question the wisdom of the signing. Carey would make more sense as he is more versatile.

Yep I would have no worries if Kelly is our first choice LB.As you say he didn't look out of place at all.

I think I may be using the Miranda formula. JT might not be as good as I remember but Grainger enhanced his reputation.I really liked JT and wee Nige though.

I do think we need a bit of experience even as back up. Centre back is more crucial for TC to worry about just now.

There were certain points last season where Kelly and Naismith looked a bit fatigued but they both finished the season very strong.

Tess can play anywhere across the back four, or three, or five - whatever we play next season (answers please in a s.a.e. to TC, etc.). Perhaps they want to push Naismith back into a more central role which I think is his natural position. Tess could be a useful acquisition. Don't get shirty about his wage demands, everybody looks for their maximum worth for their labour. All this talk about "excessive wage demands" and "only pay them when they play - you'd never guess we were a Paisley club!!!

And that is why we are solvent.

Check oot The Bulls on another thread.

Our defence conceded less goals last season than 2nd placed Motherwell! Kilmarnock have a decent keeper in Samson and conceded 66 goals (the worst defence in the SPL last year)

They need Cheesy.

Interesting to read that you blame Tess but exempt the keeper who let in all the goals of any blame.

Edited by Kendo