Jeroen Tesselaar

Dave The Buddie

Not convinced by this at all.

We have other areas to prioritise, and if Yaqub was worthy of another year, we have cover for Kelly at LB.

Tesselaar is a decent enough player, but he certainly isn't worth pushing the boat out for.

Edited by Drew

Tess can play anywhere across the back four, or three, or five - whatever we play next season (answers please in a s.a.e. to TC, etc.). Perhaps they want to push Naismith back into a more central role which I think is his natural position. Tess could be a useful acquisition. Don't get shirty about his wage demands, everybody looks for their maximum worth for their labour. All this talk about "excessive wage demands" and "only pay them when they play - you'd never guess we were a Paisley club!!!

Versatile defender. We know a lot about him. Wouldn't be any sort of a gamble. Can play centre half. Good professional, keeps himself very fit.

He is better than Mo and Sean and they could learn a lot from him.

Can't see any negatives about this one.

And Kelly at centre half in top flight isn't an option IMO.

guy left us for a extra £100 a month and a club car,Good player but no thanks. Kelly is our no1 left back. and will be even better next year imo

You have my full agreement, agreement in full indeed.

Sean Kelly is undoubtedly our number 1 left back with Mo Yaqub providing capable back up and possibly challenging Sean so what do we need/want this former player back for?

Such a signing does not send out a great signal to the young up and coming player's.

Unusually we look set to start a season with adequate cover at left back but we do need cover at right back as someone to challenge Jason Naismith would be desirable.

That said I have faith in Tommy and if he thinks bringing this former employee back is for the good of the club then he will be right, I just fail to see with the vision of oor Tommy but then again I am not a football mastermind.

Versatile defender. We know a lot about him. Wouldn't be any sort of a gamble. Can play centre half. Good professional, keeps himself very fit.

He is better than Mo and Sean and they could learn a lot from him.

Can't see any negatives about this one.

And Kelly at centre half in top flight isn't an option IMO.

Is Kelly in central defence really not an option?

A left sided central defender is a good option to have and Kelly played in central defence in the U21s. Mark Reynolds is a left footed central defender who doesn't fit the stereo type of a big centre half and he's done well at Motherwell & Aberdeen.

Is Kelly in central defence really not an option?

A left sided central defender is a good option to have and Kelly played in central defence in the U21s. Mark Reynolds is a left footed central defender who doesn't fit the stereo type of a big centre half and he's done well at Motherwell & Aberdeen.

I don't think Kelly at centre half is an option.

Just my opinion.

I would rather we weren't considering a makeshift central defence going into next season. Leave Kelly and Naismith where they are, as they are developing talents. Ensure we have cover/options in their positions, by all means (we already have this for LB, presumably), but look to sign (or bring through) a couple of dedicated centre halfs.

Not sure where Tesselaar fits into this. We can do without, whereas we cannot do without key players in other areas.

I would take Tess back if his wages are reasonable. He is still young has experience of the league and the club. Can play anywhere in defence. Kelly and Naismith are very good young player's but like all young players they will go through inconsistent patches over the season and Tess does give us cover for that. Only problem I have with him coming back is If Mcgregor goes to Servco then we only have 1 proper cb and I don't think Tess can fill that position on a regular basis.

I would take Tess back if his wages are reasonable. He is still young has experience of the league and the club. Can play anywhere in defence. Kelly and Naismith are very good young player's but like all young players they will go through inconsistent patches over the season and Tess does give us cover for that. Only problem I have with him coming back is If Mcgregor goes to Servco then we only have 1 proper cb and I don't think Tess can fill that position on a regular basis.

He played pretty much a full season at centre half with Killie.

Pretty non-plussed about the prospect of Tess returning.

He was decent when he was with us, but last time he was with us I don't think he performed significantly better than Kelly did last season and he still has loads of potential to improve further.

Tess was good going forward and could play the ball on the deck but as a defender he wasn't any great shakes as far I remember.

Either way I don't see Tommy going into the new season with just Kelly and Naismith capable of playing right and left back, we are going to need cover/competition in those positions.

Agree also that we have other more pressing priorities but the order players arrive in doesn't really bother me.

FWIW I would take wee Hasselbaink back before I'd take Tesselaar. Even though he shit on us last time, he is a handful and he can score goals. See Junior Mendes.