Ross Caldwell Signs

Maybe not one to get the pulses racing, but hey, look on the bright side. We could have signed David Luiz for 50 million before the World Cup.

Dodged a bullet there. Well played Tommy. Also, good work Brian Caldwell and Stewart Gilmour for not falling under the spell of Sideshow Bob's free kick talents and steaming in with our own bid. Our 'steady as she goes' approach has paid dividends again.

Edited by pozbaird

Decent signing - don't know what some people are expecting. We seem OK for numbers up front altho' we may again be reliant on the Thommohawk Kid cloud9.gif for the bulk of our goals in the coming season.

Assuming TC rates Yaqub as our defensive cover we need someone to replace Newton (easier said than done) for the start of the season and then we should be in a position to see who becomes available as bigger teams look to trim their squads come August.

I'd prefer not to pigeon-hole players due to their social up-bringing (or preponderance for youthful, sports attire), more to see what they can bring to the party on the field.

Yes a certain player last season, well and truly blotted his copy-book and finished up in front of the beaks - got caught red-handed, so to speak, and suffered the consequences. I suppose you might call him a 'Ned' under such circumstances, but others may describe it as selfish, totally uncalled for behaviour or a cry for help - whichever way you look at it, he crossed a line, but to label him is inappropriate.

I look back over the years and we have had many players you may not want round the dinner table with you, or anywhere near your daughter, but a large percentage of these miscreants have preformed on the park - the aforementioned Tommy Bryceland being one.

Let's concentrate on the positives - he's a young player that can score good goals, has others saying he has potential and he hasn't cost the club a fortune (he also has a point to prove - a little like Mr Wylde), so let's judge him after a run in the 1st team and how he blends into the team and generally portrays himself to the ever-faithful, well-informed fans that turn up week on week! whistling.gif

• 5 months later...

I think Aaron Mooy averaged more game time and goals than Caldwell. Didn't make the bench on Saturday, now looking like his 3 most recent managers have decided he isn't SPL standard.

Hopefully all of of Tommys signings are punted in January, they can take Reilly with them as well.

Players we should get rid of:

Caldwell

Drury

Plummer

Mcausland

Ball

Marwood

Reilly

Anyone else I've missed out?

Plummer is decent (although his injury hasn't helped) and even though drury has looked a bit powderpuff at times, he is our top scorer and has shown flashes of effectiveness so a bit unfair on those two.

Plummer is decent (although his injury hasn't helped) and even though drury has looked a bit powderpuff at times, he is our top scorer and has shown flashes of effectiveness so a bit unfair on those two.

We need players to play! If they don't do that get shot of them! No use being a good player that never touches a blade of grass! We could go and bring in another 2 promising talents on loan who will be proper first team members

On paper it looks quite a dull and uninspiring transfer - ive got the utmost faith that the management team can spot a player as has been said before.

We have to trust the guys in charge, we did learn that Danny would sign guys without seeing them or without having them scouted properly, everything you know about Jim Goodwin and Gary Teale tells you these guys are the utmost of professionals, these guys want winners on their team that they will play with week in week out.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing ????

TBH I think we all hoped that Caldwell, given a change of scenery, would develop into a good 1st team player, by building on the good aspects of his game, that had been seen in flashes.

However, he hasn't and has mostly been shite.

In an ideal world we'd be able to offload him and the majority of the tripe that Craig signed.

However, I fear we're stuck with them until the bitter end [of the season].

let's hope any further year's options are weighed heavily towards the club's decision, as opposed to the player's.

TBH I think we all hoped that Caldwell, given a change of scenery, would develop into a good 1st team player, by building on the good aspects of his game, that had been seen in flashes.

However, he hasn't and has mostly been shite.

In an ideal world we'd be able to offload him and the majority of the tripe that Craig signed.

However, I fear we're stuck with them until the bitter end [of the season].

let's hope any further year's options are weighed heavily towards the club's decision, as opposed to the player's.

Folks are questioning why we offloaded the sublime talent that is Harkins.

Yet how shite was he with us?

I am not prepared to judge Ball or Caldwell on what has passed as they were on a hiding to nothing playing up front for Craigs team.

Too early to cut loose potential.