Saints V Dundee 23Rd August.

Jimmy H

Just had a look at our match thread over on the pie and bovril site. Has there ever been a set of fans like Dundee? They must be the most delusional bellends in Scottish football. It would be good to silence one or two of these clowns with a good performance and 3 points this sat.

Edited by class of 76-77

For this game I'd go with Plummer and Tess in the centre of defence, with Kelly slotting in at left back and Goodwin back in for Brown, if Thommo is fit he must start, even it's only for an hour, if not I'd play Marwood and Ball or Caldwell up front.

Make no mistake we need to get some sort of result here!

I don't think we 'need' a result here, it's 3 games in for goodness sake.

Last season we had 1 point from the first 6 games. We still finished 8th and we were still the first team in the bottom 6 to secure safety. 0 points from 3 would hardly be cause for panic.

Kello

Naismith-Cheesy-Plummer-Tess

Goodwin-McGinn

Drury-McLean-Wylde

Ball

Thommo will start on the bench I believe. Marwood hasn't impressed me and I think he needs dropped. If we play to our best and Dundee play to their best, it's a home win.

Last season we had 1 point from the first 6 games. We still finished 8th and we were still the first team in the bottom 6 to secure safety. 0 points from 3 would hardly be cause for panic.

Kello

Naismith-Cheesy-Plummer-Tess

Goodwin-McGinn

Drury-McLean-Wylde

Ball

Thommo will start on the bench I believe. Marwood hasn't impressed me and I think he needs dropped. If we play to our best and Dundee play to their best, it's a home win.

While its far too early to say we "need" a result but your aware that the hysteria which materialised at half time against Hamilton will be back with a vengeance.

No, we don't need a result but we don't want to become distanced at this stage of the season from teams which will be around us at the end of the season.

Edited by faraway saint

This is exactly the sort of game we need a result, if we harbour any ambition above fighting the drop this season. We should be looking to beat all the teams that are likely to be bottom 6 at home, the defeat against Hamilton makes it all the more important to be picking up maximum points at home against these sort of teams, if we want to finish above them.

Thommohawk / Ball

I

McLean

I

Wylde - McGinn - Drury

I

Goodwin

I

Tess - Plummer - Cheesey - Naismith

Kello

This is the team to beat Dundee assuming Wylde is fit. McLean playing a supporting role to Hawk but dropping into midfield when they have the ball thus making a 5 and (hopefully) stiffling Harkins and McGowan. Added midfield protection too with Drury who I assume will be more defensively minded.

I go along with Ayrshire Saints team line-up. I think McLean's best position is playing off a striker where he can run at defences and shoot which to me are his strongest qualities. Playing in front of a back four he is pretty well useless.

And to me McGowan was not a 'wage thief'' - not in the same category than a host of others that we had last season that never have that accusation levelled at them and rarely got a game with us. McGowan played most games when fit even if he didn't reach the dizzy heights of a couple of seasons ago.

I go along with Ayrshire Saints team line-up. I think McLean's best position is playing off a striker where he can run at defences and shoot which to me are his strongest qualities. Playing in front of a back four he is pretty well useless.

And to me McGowan was not a 'wage thief'' - not in the same category than a host of others that we had last season that never have that accusation levelled at them and rarely got a game with us. McGowan played most games when fit even if he didn't reach the dizzy heights of a couple of seasons ago.

TBF most players on an alleged £4K a week would play every week when fit. It doesn't mean they were worth it ?

TBF most players on an alleged £4K a week would play every week when fit. It doesn't mean they were worth it ?

Like most on here I have no idea what McGowan was earning. However I have not read the term 'wage thief' levelled at Harkins, Grainger, Bahoken, Djema-Djemba, Cornell, Caprice or even Gary Teale who was out injured almost all season. McGowan may not have been at his best but he played most weeks and tried hard most weeks.

Like most on here I have no idea what McGowan was earning. However I have not read the term 'wage thief' levelled at Harkins, Grainger, Bahoken, Djema-Djemba, Cornell, Caprice or even Gary Teale who was out injured almost all season. McGowan may not have been at his best but he played most weeks and tried hard most weeks.

They were all wage thieves. Sorted.

Aye well done with that I see what you did there. That was the rumour then. His general play didn't even deserve half that. Could count on 1 hand how many decent games he had.