Saints V Dundee 23Rd August.

Jimmy H

Wouldn't say we were superb today, if we won the game having played how we did then maybe we could have described the performance as superb. There were certainly a lot of decent performances, Goodwin was MOM by a mile and showed how important he is for Kenny and McGinn to press further up the park.

Big Callum Ball missed a complete sitter, he won't get a better chance to score, I was sitting right on the by line in the west stand and Naismith put it on a plate, he never had to stretch and even got contact, just had to side foot it into the net, after that there was only going to be a Dundee goal, it was one of those days (again). Balls were breaking everywhere in the Dundee box except to one of our players to stick in in the net, when we do get our first goal this season it will be scrappy but more than welcomed.

There are positives and I feel if we get a win under our belts things will improve quickly. Wasn't going to go on Tuesday night after having to pay £25 for me and the boy today, but thanks to a friend and a generous stranger outside the ground we found ourselves getting 2 season tickets, so money saved today will be put into the club on Tuesday now, and I think we could give the Pars a doing if we get an early goal. Goals give confidence and that's all we need just now.

What happened at the goal by the way, looked like a hopeful high ball and we had no CB near it

Just a thought....

John Coughlin might be crossing his fingers this season, that he MIGHT not go down in history as the shitest St.Mirren manager ever...

Anyway, I'm sure TC, with his years of experience at the top level, will turn it round.

And if he doesn't, it doesn't really matter, because I'm just glad we have a team.

We really shouldn't expect to compete anyway. We're only from one of the biggest places in Scotland. Let's all hug our disappointment.

f**king shite...

Haven't a clue about The Official Plane Count today.

Abby was having too much fun at The Panda Club to bother about it.

They never stopped singing.

Gave Thommo super cheers when he was in that corner warming up.

They gave Harkins mega boos when he was taking corners there. lol.gif

I can't properly comment as I haven't made any games since preseason, and it'll be a while before I make anymore, but people seem to be going overboard with describing us as playing 'superbly' in recent games.

We aren't scoring, we aren't playing well. I haven't seen anything about the opposition goalkeeper playing out his skin.

We have suffered a chronic lack of goals in the team for some time, with no one outwith Thompson really offering much. This doesn't appear to be addressed, even something like working on our absolutely terrible set-piece routines might actually yield a few more goals across the season.

Yes it's early days, yes I can't properly comment, but it seems much the same as it has been, and this season it might actually bite us on the arse.

blink.pngwacko.pngwacko.png

I appreciate the positive qualities that Goodwin brings to the team, esp for McGinn & McLean, but superb? Come on!

Did I fail to mention fantastic man of the match performance ? GOODY!!!!!!.

I Hope you weren't the wee soul standing handing out the Yes badges with the black and white background if so I didn't mean to offend you by saying no thanks keep it.thumbup2.gif

Edited by linwood buddie

Just back from the game,

1. how they hell did we loose that, I couldn't see them scoring all day, we should have been 3 or 4 up after an hour.

2. thought we played well, a lot better than this time last season.

3. we looked a lot better than them we we attacked, they were very poor imo

4. Goodwin MOM

One day the floodgates will open, Hopefully next we as I'm back up again COYS!!!