Saints V Dundee 23Rd August.

Jimmy H

WE NEED A NEW CENTRE HALF11!!!!!!

we need a wee bit of luck.....

hammered motherwell and dundee with nothing to show for it

before blame is passed ( which it is too readily )

we didnt create the numorous chances because we are a shit team

be patient ( no dig at you lex....just using the "need" feed )

we need a wee bit of luck.....

hammered motherwell and dundee with nothing to show for it

before blame is passed ( which it is too readily )

we didnt create the numorous chances because we are a shit team

be patient ( no dig at you lex....just using the "need" feed )

& yet , when the league table is compiled at the end of the season , this will count for ....... HEE HAW !

the other side of the coin of course is that had won our first 3 games then peeps would be looking out their passport and singing/humming the "champions league theme tune"

HEY !!!!......its ST.Mirren.....never forget that...we dont do "easy/make fans happy/win 3 in a row"

we are more a cardiac arrest team lol.gif

I know its only three games , but my point is , the that History is written by the Victors (& the administrators !!)

No amount of hard luck stories will get us back the NINE points lost after those three games without a goal .

yes of course your right...

but..its a marathon not a sprint

and yes we would all of liked to have won the first 3...but read my post again..we just dont do easy...you should know that

expectation at the start of the season was high but if you think of the saints team through the years...we have always (for the most part) had good players to give us hope...it just doesnt happen for us

thats why when we win a cup....its the greatest feeling EVER !!!!

For all the talk of us creating a barrow load of chances and playing well, Dundee's keeper only had to make one decent save in the game. Talk of St Mirren deserving to score 4 or 5 goals is way off the mark. We barely managed 4 or 5 shots on target and most of those were weak efforts straight at the keeper.

I don't get the we need a new defender pish. We have plenty cover within the team. Our problem is scoring goals.

So, what will our central defense be if (god forbid) Plummer and Cheesy get injured? A makeshift combination of Goodwin/Tesselar (with 2 key players out of position)? Goodwin/Naismith (still with 2 key players out of position)? Kelly?

We are so threadbare in defence its ridiculous.If anything happens to Plummer alone we are Donald Ducked.

l

For all the talk of us creating a barrow load of chances and playing well, Dundee's keeper only had to make one decent save in the game. Talk of St Mirren deserving to score 4 or 5 goals is way off the mark. We barely managed 4 or 5 shots on target and most of those were weak efforts straight at the keeper.

That's true, I can only really recall the save from Naismith in the first half. and the Thompson header he smothered second time in second half However, there was good chances the 2 that fell to Drury,Naismith's cut back that evaded a couple of swipes, McLeans off balance swing, Ball had a stooping header and put a fairly routine clearance from a corner over the bar. Any 2 of those going in wouldn't have flattered us - 4 or 5 is inflating the case, though.

Edited by Bloomsbury Bud

To take the Lady Bracknell view if you squander one game when you've had the bulk of the chances is unfortunate but two looks careless.

Also I'm unsure about TC's post-match remarks which seem complacent, on the one hand what else can he say in public but it's getting close to being time to panic - unable to keep a clean sheet and looking dependant on ThommoGod to score the bulk of our goals this season - AGAIN! Flush.gif

Watched the highlights on last nights BBC Hurdygurdy. The JD sports stadium / Glorified Carbrini Advertising hoarding stadium is starting to look ridiculous .

There is more Hi Vis round the ground than at a health & safety conference. I know the commercial & business reasons for doing it but to me its starting to look cheap & tacky.

I have to be honest in my opinion that there are a lot who feel it is to early for the "new" management team but, for me, they were part of the previous regime and, to that end, the manager especially has no time. I, like many, was not happy with the appointment and how it came about. This view has not changed and I don't believe things will improve to the extent that we will survive.

We've been on the slippery slope since our cup win with cost cutting at the forefront of this.

The evidence at this early stage speaks volumes:

0-1 v a what has proved to be a poor Motherwell side

0-2 and 0-1 v both promoted sides at home

0 points, 0 goals and I believe they will get harder to come by as season progresses.

I would dearly love to be proved wrong but I feel, even at this early stage, that a change is needed at management level in order to get the best out of a decent squad.

I don't consider myself to be a "knicker wetter" just realistic in my opinion.

But as I said I would love to be proved wrong.......

My thoughts exactly!

I thought we were miles better than the Hamilton game but the chances we are passing up is scandalous .But this is not just this season its been the same for years it just does not matter who the manager or players are its never been addressed its like we have been cursed.

Watched the highlights on last nights BBC Hurdygurdy. The JD sports stadium / Glorified Carbrini Advertising hoarding stadium is starting to look ridiculous .

There is more Hi Vis round the ground than at a health & safety conference. I know the commercial & business reasons for doing it but to me its starting to look cheap & tacky.

I know its only three games , but my point is , the that History is written by the Victors (& the administrators !!)

No amount of hard luck stories will get us back the NINE points lost after those three games without a goal .

& yet , when the league table is compiled at the end of the season , this will count for ....... HEE HAW !

And another thing , its about time they cleaned the seats in the Family stand

And the 42" telly in the corner is a f**kin joke !

Its all the fault of that f**kin strip ! mad.gif

C.G. had a cnut of a day. lol.gif

Guest TPAFKATS

I Hope you weren't the wee soul standing handing out the Yes badges with the black and white background if so I didn't mean to offend you by saying no thanks keep it.thumbup2.gif

Great input ya spangle!

I thought we were miles better than the Hamilton game but the chances we are passing up is scandalous .But this is not just this season its been the same for years it just does not matter who the manager or players are its never been addressed its like we have been cursed.

Aye, it was bizarre yesterday that we couldn't convert one of the numerous chances. This is why I am now hoping we get a wee bit of luck to get us out the blocks. A dodgy penalty, OG, massive deflecton, or in off the referee's arse, it matters not. We had the right attitude yesterday but nothing fell for us.

It'll come, but let's hope it is sooner rather than later.

Edited by Drew

I thought we did ok yesterday made lots of chances and general play was fine. Goodwin for me was motm. After they scored however there was for me an acceptance from Tommy that we were done. He just looked towards us in the Main Stand and did little in my opinion to get the lads fired up whereas Hartley was like a man possessed. He knew his team had got out of jail.Just on a final note Ball and Marwood in my opinion just don't do it for me and with the squad available I much prefer a 4-5-1 formation. Very few teams in the modern era go with 4-4-2.

I have to say I like the way TC comes across in the press after the games. He is calling it as it is. Not good enough v Accies but played well in the other games without scoring. Will stick with the plan and it will all come good.

I think and hope that he is correct, we've a decent squad that needs a wee bit of time to Gel. Hopefully it will over the course of the season. The time to judge is at the end of the season.

Edited by Kendo

I thought we did ok yesterday made lots of chances and general play was fine. Goodwin for me was motm. After they scored however there was for me an acceptance from Tommy that we were done. He just looked towards us in the Main Stand and did little in my opinion to get the lads fired up whereas Hartley was like a man possessed. He knew his team had got out of jail.Just on a final note Ball and Marwood in my opinion just don't do it for me and with the squad available I much prefer a 4-5-1 formation. Very few teams in the modern era go with 4-4-2.

One up front literally only adds up if you have a couple of midfielders that can chip in with 15 goals or so between them. We don't have anyone capable of that unless Drury comes good. So IMO we have to persist with 4-4-2 for now and hope Bell, Marwood or Caldwell can come through.