Time For A Change( Cheap Option Didn't Work)

the b.o.d blew it again. they should have shown a bit of ambition during the close season and got a young hungry manager in instead of T.C.

The trick is to get a balance between ambition and realism i'm afraid the B.O.D shown their hand by TC getting the job with no one interviewed

It smelt of someone saying i'll do the job for half of Danny Lennon wages

The biggest mistake was giving him a 2 year deal going by his previous track record as manager

I agree that no goals isn't good enough, but , what would you change? Given the opportunity what would you do differently? I personally don't think Tommy has done anything wrong since he has taken over....I don't necessarily believe it's always the managers fault either.

Edited by chrissy

Yeah , of course we have a better squad, thats why we pushed a 35 year old into action too soon from a groin injury , because we had faith in his understudies !! thumbdown.gifblink.pngmad.gif

To be fair, last season, we'd either have been playing Reilly or a midfielder up front if Sir Thommo had been injured early season.

The trick is to get a balance between ambition and realism i'm afraid the B.O.D shown their hand by TC getting the job with no one interviewed

It smelt of someone saying i'll do the job for half of Danny Lennon wages

The biggest mistake was giving him a 2 year deal going by his previous track record as manager

I don't believe nobody else was interviewed, but then maybe unofficial tapping doesn't count. It's just ludicrous to imagine the following conversation...

TC: I don't understand why Saints never go on a run.

The Board: But, you've been here and didn't change that. You were at Charleroi, winning 2 out of 19.

TC: Yes, but I'm the man for the job. I'd also like two completely untried first team coaches.

The Board: Oh, okay!

...leading me to believe there's more to it all. I've no idea what the "more" could be, it's enough of a struggle to understand just how f**king stupid the board have been.

It's not about tommy Craig or Mark mcausland (st Mirren man btw !) it's about the situation our club finds itself in where some of the people (not all of them) who put their own time money and effort into my club to ensure it's continued existence are now looking to get a return for their investment and because it's not forthcoming we find our club gradually fading to a shadow of what it once was.

The lack of drive, motivation, money, investment, enthusiasm, is chipping away at everyone from the boardroom to the pitch to the stands and apathy seems to be our club motto at the moment, no matter how much you care or support our club you know it has been becoming more and more difficult for the past five or six years to muster any sort of enthusiasm

for the first time in forty four years I left the game early today, embarrassing frankly and certainly not something I'm comfortable telling everyone about, but it's where I think not just me but everyone finds themselves right now

the answer is in the hands of the consortium. Yes we all appreciate what some of them have done, but FFS you're killing our club, the one some of you were credited with saving. But I'm sure our current situation doesn't sit well with you either.

This isn't just a matter of us being relegated one year and being promoted sometime in the future it runs deeper than that and the sense of going nowhere is prevalent and this post (rant) is not about tommy Craig's ability it's about the decline of my club since 2007 and the various managers being perceived as the problem

SO, CONSORTIUM . . WHAT YOU GONNA DO ?

suggest. . .

1) tell everyone due to the lack of offers that the club is now off the market, whether you may still be open to offers or not is another matter which can be addressed out with public view, but remove the lack of uncertainty, whether it be regarding the managers job or the stability of the club and consolidation of the fans and the team

2) stop being so phukin petty or personal and instead of only the two or three senile members of the consortium being the sole make up of the board of directors, involve other major shareholders, fan groups, businessmen within renfrewshire etc etc into the boardroom, fresh ideas and all that.

3) there have been a lot of positives in the past few years, ralston and community stuff for example, but if you are finding it hard going, which is understandable, ask for help !

4) tell the manager to sign me as our new striker. hey, my goalscoring rate is no worse than those currently in the team, and I stopped playing five a sides two years ago

Edited by thewhiteman

time for a change, last season Tommy Craig was vocal on the sidelines towards the players, now he has stepped up to the manager job he is even quieter than what DL was, their is no leadership on the park, as an example, no harm to cheesy but the poor guy doesnt know whether to play the ball short to mclean or osbourne or punt it long, to me that is all down to the instructions he has been given by the management team. you look at the bench today and its a worry that there is no-one we can bring on that will add a bit of dig in the midfield or take a bit of responsibility when things are not going well.

mclean and mcginn in the middle together just does not work, the boy drury just looks out of his depth at present ( too lightweight ), cheesy is having a nightmare and we all know we have been shouting for a good number of years for a decent centre half, why this has not been addressed by the management team is beyond me, Sean Kelly must be sitting on the sidelines wondering what on earth he done wrong last season to be dropped. Lets not kid ourselves, this team at present is the poorest in years, we are too slow at attacking,there is no backbone in the middle of the team where it matters and no leadership from the touchlines.

When you are a central defender for a Scottish premier league team and cannot kick / head / blotter the ball to row Z when it's patently obvious that is what's required , but instead-AGAIN- deliver it to a player of the opposing team in or around your penalty box then it IS very much something to do with Marc McAusland , st Mirren fan or not . Every other central defender in the SPFL would have cleared their lines without hesitation today

Bye Tommy , you were part of a failing management team last season , this season nothings changed . Wrong man for the job .

The board however must share the blame . Though they saved us in the past the club is stagnating under the current regime. Lack of energy , lack of leadership , lack of ideas & severe lack of ambition.

Oh ,& the screen is still not fit for purpose !!

spot on, we need the BOD to admit they dont give a toss anymore,and to stop clinging on to the pipedream that some diddy will give them loads of cash to buy up their worthless shares,5 years have now passed yet still they hope someone would be daft enough to pay over a million quid to buy a 52% share in a club that has zero assets and cant borrow from any bank as a result of having zero assets, you done us well in bailng us out/putting your homes at risk and were then rewarded for that when tesco became your saviour,your shares have cost you very little,and the fans who paid for shares were top people, you dont stand to lose any money at all,but appointed the second in command of a failed regime as your man to take us forward, lack of ambition is prevalent here and the club needs cleaned out from top to bottom,the CEO is at best a sales manager for an advertising company and the corporate manager is an absolute joke (he wanted to charge the fans council for use of the bar lounge even if he didnt have to be there,and questioned whether we had the proper food licence for heating up pies , when we said we did he still would not give approval) stinks from top to bottom, and why have we given the captainship to the player who obviously makes the most clangers in every game we have played this season,his blunder today followed by shouting at other players shows he is not a good player and not a team player and needs to be dropped, and breathe

why have we given the captainship to the player who obviously makes the most clangers in every game we have played this season,his blunder today followed by shouting at other players shows he is not a good player and not a team player and needs to be dropped, and breathe

Indeed, just what was he shouting?

"f**k sake, you should all know I'm going to make a c**t of that. How often do we need to train together before it sinks in?"

For the short term good of the clubs future as a top flight side, we need to end Tommy's short tenure at the helm. If he remains in charge much longer then we run the risk of becoming isolated before the first quarter.

Ross County acted with great haste, we need to follow their example and try to rescue what will become an increasingly desperate fight to survive.

spot on, we need the BOD to admit they dont give a toss anymore,and to stop clinging on to the pipedream that some diddy will give them loads of cash to buy up their worthless shares,5 years have now passed yet still they hope someone would be daft enough to pay over a million quid to buy a 52% share in a club that has zero assets and cant borrow from any bank as a result of having zero assets, you done us well in bailng us out/putting your homes at risk and were then rewarded for that when tesco became your saviour,your shares have cost you very little,and the fans who paid for shares were top people, you dont stand to lose any money at all,but appointed the second in command of a failed regime as your man to take us forward, lack of ambition is prevalent here and the club needs cleaned out from top to bottom,the CEO is at best a sales manager for an advertising company and the corporate manager is an absolute joke (he wanted to charge the fans council for use of the bar lounge even if he didnt have to be there,and questioned whether we had the proper food licence for heating up pies , when we said we did he still would not give approval) stinks from top to bottom, and why have we given the captainship to the player who obviously makes the most clangers in every game we have played this season,his blunder today followed by shouting at other players shows he is not a good player and not a team player and needs to be dropped, and breathe

Have a couple of vodkas and chill ffs. We have played 4 games, and with the exception of the Hamilton game, have played ok. Give it time and we are still above Ross County! Edited by cambiebud

If Tommy gets the sack (should have said when) There is very capable managers waiting in the wings. I mean ffs if Patrick Kluivert is applying for the county job then surely the st mirren job will gather interest. I.E Butcher,Adams,Coyle,Calderwood,Billy Davies amongst other. Thanks Tommy but please leave and shut the door behind you before we fight another relegation battle

So with this seasons improved squad, how have we progressed?

I didn't say we had progressed, but we certainly have better options up front.

TBH, if Lennon had experienced the injury problems we've experienced so far, he'd have been out on his arse much sooner than happened in the end.

When you are a central defender for a Scottish premier league team and cannot kick / head / blotter the ball to row Z when it's patently obvious that is what's required , but instead-AGAIN- deliver it to a player of the opposing team in or around your penalty box then it IS very much something to do with Marc McAusland , st Mirren fan or not . Every other central defender in the SPFL would have cleared their lines without hesitation today

Load of crap... 10 other players on the pitch...

I do agree but was trying to put across that any player, whatever their level of ability, is only there because of the situation our club finds itself in

It's not about tommy Craig or Mark mcausland (st Mirren man btw !) it's about the situation our club finds itself in where some of the people (not all of them) who put their own time money and effort into my club to ensure it's continued existence are now looking to get a return for their investment and because it's not forthcoming we find our club gradually fading to a shadow of what it once was.

The lack of drive, motivation, money, investment, enthusiasm, is chipping away at everyone from the boardroom to the pitch to the stands and apathy seems to be our club motto at the moment, no matter how much you care or support our club you know it has been becoming more and more difficult for the past five or six years to muster any sort of enthusiasm

for the first time in forty four years I left the game early today, embarrassing frankly and certainly not something I'm comfortable telling everyone about, but it's where I think not just me but everyone finds themselves right now

the answer is in the hands of the consortium. Yes we all appreciate what some of them have done, but FFS you're killing our club, the one some of you were credited with saving. But I'm sure our current situation doesn't sit well with you either.

This isn't just a matter of us being relegated one year and being promoted sometime in the future it runs deeper than that and the sense of going nowhere is prevalent and this post (rant) is not about tommy Craig's ability it's about the decline of my club since 2007 and the various managers being perceived as the problem

SO, CONSORTIUM . . WHAT YOU GONNA DO ?

suggest. . .

1) tell everyone due to the lack of offers that the club is now off the market, whether you may still be open to offers or not is another matter which can be addressed out with public view, but remove the lack of uncertainty, whether it be regarding the managers job or the stability of the club and consolidation of the fans and the team

2) stop being so phukin petty or personal and instead of only the two or three senile members of the consortium being the sole make up of the board of directors, involve other major shareholders, fan groups, businessmen within renfrewshire etc etc into the boardroom, fresh ideas and all that.

3) there have been a lot of positives in the past few years, ralston and community stuff for example, but if you are finding it hard going, which is understandable, ask for help !

4) tell the manager to sign me as our new striker. hey, my goalscoring rate is no worse than those currently in the team, and I stopped playing five a sides two years ago

do you not understand that the controlling interest in our BOD do not now have any profit or loss from SMFC, they dont pay money into the club and they dont recieve any money from the club,and if the club went tits up tomorrow they would not lose a single penny, they would have no loss at all