Time For A Change( Cheap Option Didn't Work)

Time for him to go.

In fact, it was never time for him to be appointed in the first place. An absolute cop-out by the Board and a shameful one at that.

Some may say 4 games isn't enough, but when you know it just isn't going to work, then you're as well cutting your losses early. We dithered with Coughlin all those years ago, let's not do the same thing again.

do you not understand that the controlling interest in our BOD do not now have any profit or loss from SMFC, they dont pay money into the club and they dont recieve any money from the club,and if the club went tits up tomorrow they would not lose a single penny, they would have no loss at all

yes, but I'm afraid I don't understand your point

I tried to put forward a couple of ideas, do you disagree with them or the main content of my post ?

7 of those players did a good job losing 3-0 how does that work? Did we score? Did we win?

my point there is we dont have strikers who can hit the target,therefore they did not do their job, if the keeper saves it or a defender blocks it then at least we are getting shots on target, i feel for the players who did their job today but we were let down by our strikers and our captain

my point there is we dont have strikers who can hit the target,therefore they did not do their job, if the keeper saves it or a defender blocks it then at least we are getting shots on target, i feel for the players who did their job today but we were let down by our strikers and our captain

we conceded 3 scored 0 can u say anyone did there job?

Yep I thought this too why does a guy at 62 need all the pressure he should be enjoying life not differing which he obv is

good point,he is being paid for a job he has never been succesful in,but will hang on to his position or be sacked but will still be paid, he has no need to be succesful and thats the problem here

we conceded 3 scored 0 can u say anyone did there job?

This is my point...can't blame individuals... the whole team clearly didn't do enough... football is about a team performance not individual performances and we have not been good enough as a team.

Edited by chrissy

Personally, I like the look of the players which arrived. However, its what hasn't happened which is the issue: - the need for a centre half/s ignored; Macausland still here and giving goals away; McLean still here and anonymous; still no buyer. The list goes on. The board need to grow a pair between them, invest in the club and get qualified people in to run the club (marketing etc). Otherwise they should gift the shares to SMISA or similar, come to some arrangement about future profits re the price for the shares and then bogg off. TC, I'm sorry, your numbers up.

7 of those other players did a good job today marc,ball and drury did not

We absolutely did not have seven players who performed today. The keeper was culpable again, Tesselar was poor defensively, McLean and McGinn were shocking, Osbourne makes Djemba x 2 look fast and Caldwell can't play with his back to goal.

I would have given Plummer pass marks but he did make the mistake that led to the first goal so they were basically all shite and for Craig to insinuate the only problem we've got is scoring goals is, quite frankly, insulting.

Absolute f**king pish.

For once the board should take in the views of the average paying supporters. The Q&A is coming up. Time for our questions/concerns to be answered

Is it just my imagination, or is it the case that every time St Mirren decide to hold one of these 'talk in' nights, by the time it comes around, it takes place against a background of shite, shite, and a bit more shite? Even going back to the days of Tony Fitz' as manager I remember going to an old 'talk in with Tony' night at the Railway Bar in Paisley, which took place against a background of shite, shite, and a heap more shite.

Maybe we should stop holding them.... and golf days. Last season's golf day definitely took place against a background of shite performances, shite results, and a whole heap of pressure on the manager's head.

Maybe of course we're just permanently shite. Nah, that can't be it.

yes, but I'm afraid I don't understand your point

I tried to put forward a couple of ideas, do you disagree with them or the main content of my post ?

no i dont disagree with your ideas or the main content of your post, i believe our current BOD have no ambition and the playing staff including coaches/manager will be aware of this and will not be motivated to do well as a consequence, that apart your post was too long to read and take in, thumbup2.gif

I'm not panicking, are you?

We've got this, trust me. We will not finish lower than 8th.

Mark it down, bookmark it, write me and this team off. I invite it and welcome it.

Panicking? No.

Losing interest? Most definitely.

I am resigned to the idea of relegation. Not happy about it, but I can't muster enough passion to panic, that's for sure.

We have flirted with the drop most seasons, but seldom has it looked very likely this early in the season. Nor has it seemed less likely that we have enough about ourselves to avoid it.

hunt him am sorry but this aint good enough at this moment in time am falling out of love with st mirren a team i've watched constantly home and away for over 35years spent thousands doing it and ive just to accept this pish sorry no f**king way ![/quote

Yip nail on the head. The old boy is miles out his depth. Lets change it now before its too late.