Time For A Change( Cheap Option Didn't Work)

I had a telephone conversation with SG exactly one year ago today. Prior to the Partick 2-1 game at home. What has changed, absolutely f'k all and I've let him know that tonight.

Tommy should never have been appointed manager in a million years. I gave him a change but there's no Hearts to protect us this year.

He's already said he won't change his game plan... when it clearly isn't working.

I have a standing order for my season ticket. Why should I not just cancel it.

You just got a Twitter mention on Off The Ball.

Disagree.

I'm right behind Tommy and I think we will pull through and push on.

I hope you are right .

The lack of goals and points puts serious pressure on the board & manger and of course the players.

Not sure the break is a good thing for us, leaves lots of time to have nothing but the fact we are in a difficult position.

Nothings impossible, and there's still a long way to go but the pressure on the next game could crush any positive approach we have.

Edited by faraway saint

Sorry but it was the wrong appointment. I was willing to give him a chance, but this is embarrassing 4 games and we haven't scored. Scraped past a L1 side in the cup. We should do what Ross County did and bite the bullet early.

How the f*** can Hamilton come into the league, with what you have to assume is a low budget and out play us and end up with 4 wins from 5? We can't even score!

Actually I think we have a better looking squad this year. However the jury is out on whether or not TC is the man to lead them. It was a total collapse in the second half.

Yeah , of course we have a better squad, thats why we pushed a 35 year old into action too soon from a groin injury , because we had faith in his understudies !! thumbdown.gifblink.pngmad.gif

Can he stand the heat though? I don't think so.

I don't think he has ever walked away from a club, I think he's always had to be sacked.

Tommy is a survivor and always has been, he knows this is his last gig, so he will keep taking the cash as long as the club allows it.

The point is that he shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

We'd be as well cutting our losses and giving someone else the job now before it becomes mission impossible.

If we don't then we should start preparing for first division sooner than later.

I don't think he has ever walked away from a club, I think he's always had to be sacked.

Tommy is a survivor and always has been, he knows this is his last gig, so he will keep taking the cash as long as the club allows it.

You would have thought so. Why would he walk away? Not to save his reputation, as his career must be close to ending in any event. I can't see him turning this round, sadly, the baw's burst.

He's hardly spent any time as a manager though and at his age I can see him chucking it, if this continues.

this is all true. It wasn't just a cheap option, it was also very lazy.

Think that's the point. Every St Mirren manager I've known back to Fergie was probably cheap except Hay. It's not the cheapness, it's selection process. The Board must have known months before Danny could be on his way and had the unusual luxury of scouting the market at their leisure.