The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Top Cat now that Graeme McPherson has been credited as the author of the "cowardly" Herald article have you got any observations to make about the content of it? FWIW I thought it was balanced, fairly mild in its criticism, and more in depth than any other media coverage I have season of our season so far.

Top Cat now that Graeme McPherson has been credited as the author of the "cowardly" Herald article have you got any observations to make about the content of it? FWIW I thought it was balanced, fairly mild in its criticism, and more in depth than any other media coverage I have season of our season so far.

I thought it was quite poorly written actually, like something you'd read on here. Although it was more balanced. Was good to see him quoting SGG about the keyboard warriors.

The 'only 100 fans' bit was particularly strange. And unofficial boycott? There isn't even a thread about a boycott on here!

The most telling sentence in the Herald article is "It is a particularly damning statistic that St Mirren are the only team from the eight divisions of senior British football yet to record a clean sheet this season.". Yet TC only talks about our inability to score goals.

We're averaging just slightly under 2 goals conceded per game and he maintains we just need to start scoring.. scoring at least 3 a game apparently bangin.gif

Some thoughts on the last few days

So the journo put his name to the article, therfore not at all cowardly on his part

and dismissing the article becasue of the quality of writing is actually a little obtuse (maybe a lot)

SGG has accused fans of being knickerwetters and keyboard warriors? Again, he is missing the point, probably on purpose.

i actually felt ashamed that an employee of the club conducted himself in the way that Craig did in his interview.

I'll likely go to the game on saturday and get behind the collection of individuals who have found themselves in the position of being st Mirren's first team and will also find it really hard to feel as if I am behind the board, manager and coaches

I don't recall ever saying that. Quote?

I'm not going to trawl through every post you ever made under your previous guise but, for example, you said you had been one of Danny's biggest critics for years and that he should have been sacked after we lost at home to Thistle in August, and if the BoD had signed another manager then we would have been in a far better position.

PS you also said that we will finish higher this year than we did in any year under Lennon. Let's see how that works out eh?

I'm not going to trawl through every post you ever made under your previous guise but, for example, you said you had been one of Danny's biggest critics for years and that he should have been sacked after we lost at home to Thistle in August, and if the BoD had signed another manager then we would have been in a far better position.

PS you also said that we will finish higher this year than we did in any year under Lennon. Let's see how that works out eh?

Yip I certainly said the first part, and I believe we would have been. I'm pretty sure I didn't say his record was atrocious compared to Gus though, but feel free to prove me wrong.

we will be further up a gum tree, is that a higher finish?

I would've thought at the agm you moron. You avoided the quite above of you saying we would finish this season above where we finished with Lennon in charge. Do you still believe that?

There's the personal abuse, stay classy.

It was just a prediction. People get predictions wrong all the time. If I had known we were going to be missing 6 first team players at once then I certainly wouldn't have made it.

In saying that, given how long there is to go finishing 7th certainly isn't impossible.

I really don’t understand how in football a failing manager can only be sacked by paying up his contract in full. In any other business if someone is not achieving targets and performing as expected there would be a warning and then a dismissal process without any compensation.

Tommy Craig could lose every game from now till the end of the season and still get another year’s wages regardless.. bizarre.

I really dont understand how in football a failing manager can only be sacked by paying up his contract in full. In any other business if someone is not achieving targets and performing as expected there would be a warning and then a dismissal process without any compensation.

Tommy Craig could lose every game from now till the end of the season and still get another years wages regardless.. bizarre.

most employees aren't on fixed term contracts...

we don't know if he is he is not achieving targets ,,maybe the boards only target was to stay up,im not sticking up for him he is useless, but maybe that's why the bod are so quiet ,maybe someone could ask what targets were set as, tomorrow night

I really don’t understand how in football a failing manager can only be sacked by paying up his contract in full. In any other business if someone is not achieving targets and performing as expected there would be a warning and then a dismissal process without any compensation.

Tommy Craig could lose every game from now till the end of the season and still get another year’s wages regardless.. bizarre.

Edited by saltcoatsbuddie