The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Really ? You`re quite happy for our manager to be so dismissive of our fans & unapologetic for our teams abysmal performances . huh.png

No you are mixing two things.

I'm not happy about the results or performances but that's irrelevant as I don't own the club.

I could do if I wanted to but it turns out that I have neither the money nor the inclination to do so.

As a result, I have no right to demand the sacking of anyone at the club when it would be someone else settling their payout.

All I have the right to do is either attend or not attend matches.

I support his right to treat fans the way they are treating him. That's only fair.

If I push you I'd have to be an utterly moronic f**k not to expect you to push back.

I'd have to be laughably pathetic to cry about it.

He chooses not to respond in kind but he's clearly and rightly decided to make it clear he's not going to be pushed around by anyone.

He's decided simply to ignore people.

I fully support that. Why wouldn't you? Because our team is losing matches? What kind of warped logic is that? It's OK to abuse someone and then express outrage if they ignore you as long as it's matches being lost which is at the root of it? Odd. No way I can support that.

The thundering herd is simply wrong over this. Think yourself lucky he's staying quiet and not giving the fans both barrels.

Buying a £250 season ticket doesn't entitle you or anyone else to abuse another human being or demand that someone is forced to pay Tommy £100k to £200k or whatever in compensation from their own pocket. If I was a director I'd be telling fans to f**k right off unless they were prepared to fund it themselves. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Edited by oaksoft

No you are mixing two things.

I'm not happy about the results or performances but that's irrelevant as I don't own the club.

I could do if I wanted to but it turns out that I have neither the money nor the inclination to do so.

As a result, I have no right to demand the sacking of anyone at the club when it would be someone else settling their payout.

All I have the right to do is either attend or not attend matches.

I support his right to treat fans the way they are treating him. That's only fair.

If I push you I'd have to be an utterly moronic f**k not to expect you to push back.

I'd have to be laughably pathetic to cry about it.

He chooses not to respond in kind but he's clearly and rightly decided to make it clear he's not going to be pushed around by anyone.

He's decided simply to ignore people.

I fully support that. Why wouldn't you? Because our team is losing matches? What kind of warped logic is that? It's OK to abuse someone and then express outrage if they ignore you as long as it's matches being lost which is at the root of it? Odd. No way I can support that.

The thundering herd is simply wrong over this. Thin yourself lucky he's staying quiet and not giving the fans both barrels.

The initial interviewer who pressed him on this was asking if TC had anything to say to Saints fans about the performances. His refusal to apologize showed contempt & utter disregard for fans of our club.

His response has been seized upon by all other broadcasters & press & they wont let go.

As for him giving us both barrels ?.... Seriously ? It would be like being mauled by a blancmange.

The initial interviewer who pressed him on this was asking if TC had anything to say to Saints fans about the performances. His refusal to apologize showed contempt & utter disregard for fans of our club.

His response has been seized upon by all other broadcasters & press & they wont let go.

It's irrelevant what the broadcasters and press do. They are chasing a story for financial reasons. Not one of them has the money to pay off Tommy either so I'm not sure what your point is there.

As for contempt and disregard? I think fans have an unerring ability to over-inflate their own importance.

You supply a club which requires about £3 million a year to run with just £250 a year.

Yet you make the noise of a man who has invested £1 million of his own pension.

Why would you possibly expect your voice to count? I'm genuinely baffled at the sense of individual entitlement.

Not all fans even share your opinion. Only the keyboard warriors. Never forget the silent majority. After 18th September I'll never make that bloody mistake again......thumbup2.gif

Only as a collective group are fans important.

Your comment about the blancmange would be more credible if you weren't puffing your gills at him being silent never mind giving you both barrels.

Edited by oaksoft

To be fair I think there's a good chance the interviewer was told previously not to ask any questions like that, hence his silence.

If you want a journalist to ask you a certain question, tell them before the interview that they can't ask it.

It's irrelevant what the broadcasters and press do. They are chasing a story for financial reasons. Not one of them has the money to pay off Tommy either so I'm not sure what your point is there.

As for contempt and disregard? I think fans have an unerring ability to over-inflate their own importance.

You supply a club which requires about £3 million a year to run with just £250 a year.

Yet you make the noise of a man who has invested £1 million of his own pension.

Why would you possibly expect your voice to count? I'm genuinely baffled at the sense of entitlement.

Your comment about the blancmange would be more credible if you weren't puffing your gills at him being silent never mind giving you both barrels.

I ,and about 3000 others , put a massive amount of money into this club & in my case have done so for over 40 years. If i wish to vent my anger at this or any other management team then i feel i am perfectly entitled to do so.

I understand that Tommy Craig does not have to answer to me as an individual but i believe he does have a responsibility , as a paid employee of St.Mirren FC to be accountable to the fan base as a whole .

Oops, technology failure there. That interview on bbc was toe curlingly awful at the end. Makes DL look like Gandhi . Utterly utterly embarrassing . Is that to entice us to dip into our pockets and turn up tomorrow . Having prepaid to watch dross by buying ST don't want to shell out more to watch more dross led by this incompetent baffoon . Depressed.

Ouch, watching that is skin crawling.

Why is this man being allowed to take the p*ss out of St Mirren FC and its fans?

He would be sacked by any other club after giving another public interview like that. Come on Gilmour , do the right thing or all the good you have done for this club will be undone !

The board obviously think the way he is running our club, and the way he is disrespecting the support is acceptable or they would do something about it. Gilmour and co have a lot to answer for, for employing this clown!

He's cringeworthy to be honest, brutal.

Nothing now surprises me after what I witnessed at the AGM. As a professional football manager in the modern era you have a duty to conduct yourself with charm and dignity and remember you represent our wonderful Football Club.This man just about fails in every managerial quality required. It simply goes from bad to worse at every opportunity.

Jeez Oh...that is one of the most pathetic interviews I've seen in many a day, Even Fergie or Mourinho at their moody worst would have acknowledged fans right to have a view. How hard is it to say what I've heard them say so many times "I respect people are entitled to their opinion" or similar instead of coming across as a spoiled wee sulky 8 year old.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC........if I was a player I couldn't respect a man who acts like a schoolgirl.

Feel quite embarrassed for him seeing that.

The board obviously think the way he is running our club, and the way he is disrespecting the support is acceptable or they would do something about it. Gilmour and co have a lot to answer for, for employing this clown!

Good point and something similar was brought up at the agm about Danny. Seems he signed bohoken without ever seeing him play. The board said this was fine, he was in charge he could do what he wanted. Seems a parallel here, TC can do what he wants in the media and the board won't step in. Simple answer Tommy is... We weren't good enough we need to be tighter etc say that and people may believe u and u do owe the fans an answer at the end of the match, indirectly we pay the wage.

I can't believe anyone is willing to defend TC's childish antics when asked relevant questions about our situation by the media, his lack of response is treating the fans with contempt.

Not just the fans that are voicing their opinion at games but all St.Mirren fans, refusing to answer because some fans, a minority, have shouted at him is pathetic.

A 64 year old acting like a petulant teenager.

As for 'judge me on a fit squad', let's just judge him on a squad that has scored 10 goals, conceded 25 and amassed a massive 8 points in 14 games. Would a fit Thommo resolve our goals against problem?

I was never going tomorrow as I'm cheesed off, I am seriously considering not returning until this eejit has gone. Not a season ticket holder so revenue lost.

They say the bookies dont get it wrong very often , lets hope they`re right this time

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/manager-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=747069

11/10 , at almost evens , I suspect they can't call it.

We can , he had been given full licence to carry on losing as many as he likes.

He seems untouchable now , green light has been given to carry on as he has done