The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

You buy a season ticket to get entry to 19 games - nothing more.

TC looks like a poor appointment at present and the continuity & familiarity aspects surely the main reasons for his appointment clearly haven't worked out but our last two managers had us in similar positions and managed to avoid relegation.

The current BoD are past their sell-by date and should just take the next opportunity to leave - I for one am willing to tale the chance on new owners who actually want to be in charge.

As always Doris Day sums it up best - Que Sera Sera.................

I think their well aware of that and it's not for the lack of trying.

But I would like to think their putting the clubs interest first( Some may not think that with the appointment of Tommy)

We have to trust and understand the motives in any party interested in buying our club.

I think their well aware of that and it's not for the lack of trying.

But I would like to think their putting the clubs interest first( Some may not think that with the appointment of Tommy)

We have to trust and understand the motives in any party interested in buying our club.

The early part of their tenure was undoubtedly good however I think that clubbing together to get 52% of the shareholding was pretty shabby. Even then if they could've pulled of a quick sale I wouldn't have grudged them making a bit of money, however once the first CIC bid bit the dirt it was clear that wasn't gonna happen. To repeat myself I reckon new owners who want to be in charge would be better than the current tired ones with their eyes focused on the exit and I'm no longer impressed with statements like putting the clubs interests first.

The early part of their tenure was undoubtedly good however I think that clubbing together to get 52% of the shareholding was pretty shabby. Even then if they could've pulled of a quick sale I wouldn't have grudged them making a bit of money, however once the first CIC bid bit the dirt it was clear that wasn't gonna happen. To repeat myself I reckon new owners who want to be in charge would be better than the current tired ones with their eyes focused on the exit and I'm no longer impressed with statements like putting the clubs interests first.

Time will tell.

Entitlement debate aside, I just find two things...well, three now..unacceptable.

1. The BOD appointed TC without interviewing.

2. The BOD didn't feel the need to go through 50 applications. They could even have asked people with footballing knowledge to review for free.

3. TC has no track record, he is out of his depth and will not just resign.

I said before and I will say it again a won't be back while Tommy is is still in charge with nearly a full team out in the cup at home we had 2 shots on target possession was about 30% and Tommy said we were playing the football he wanted us to play in the first half. Granted we were 1 up but ICT should have won this tie wi ease.

It hurts as I have been a season ticket holder for years and overall I have never wanted any manager sacked other than Coughlin & Craig but have never missed games through choice until now but the board even though the board saved us from near extinction but a fear they will lose any legacy they have given us with persisting with their inadequate appointment of Tommy Craig. Please SG act now and save our season???

Right guys this is it.

This is your chance to show us all how pure dead passhunate you are about oor club.

Now is the time to band together and prove that the fans are the REAL owners of our club.

Which one of you gum bashing whining bastards is going to stump up the £5k shortfall from yesterdays game out of your own pockets?

It's time for the talking to stop and for action. This is your moment. Come on then let's see some of this commitment you're talking about.

For those who are not of an arithmetic persuasion, this £5k amounts to about 20 years of season ticket payments.

Come on. You can't expect to abuse people and then go quiet when its time for a real adult to step up.

Who is it going to be?

JJ McG?

Dave The Buddie?

BillyG?

Anyone?

I ,and about 3000 others , put a massive amount of money into this club & in my case have done so for over 40 years.

This is what I mean by a lack of perspective. Massive amount?

In one single match yesterday half of your entire life's spend on this club was wiped out by the £5k loss (about 20 years worth of your season tickets).

That's how insignificant each individual fan's contribution is.

This SHOULD shock you.

I hope it wakes a few up to the cold hard facts about what kinds of sums are required to keep a club afloat.

If only the BoD had sold to the fans.

At which point we'd all be wondering which of them was going to pay the £5k shortfall from Saturday so we can keep going.

I don't have a problem with fans having 51% share of clubs and I've been a vocal advocate of it in the past but perhaps we need to be asking whether this would be a bad thing. I'm; less sure now. Do you want to be relying on guys like BillyG, JJMcG and Dave The Buddies to crack open their safes to pay this to keep us afloat?

I certainly wouldn't.

Maybe this is a timely reminder for us all that it's players wages causing the problems. We are absolutely down to the wire in terms of having cash floating around for a rainy day.

I banged the drum last year about having a rainy day fund and was roundly ridiculed.

Well guess what folks - it's pissing down.

Who's going to provide the umbrella?

It doesn't matter where the figure came from.

IF correct then the Board, (owners) are wholly to blame for the loss.

If you don't listen to the customers who have, after all, gave plenty of notice re their disgruntlement, then you are bound to reap what you sow.

It's not the fans who caused the loss any more than a customer causes a shop to make a loss when the shop sells shoddy goods not fit for purpose.

Gone are the days of blindly following a team no matter how little the Board show signs that the fans are important.

If money is the top, middle and bottom line then it is the only weapon the fans have.

This is what I mean by a lack of perspective. Massive amount?

In one single match yesterday half of your entire life's spend on this club was wiped out by the £5k loss (about 20 years worth of your season tickets).

That's how insignificant each individual fan's contribution is.

This SHOULD shock you.

I hope it wakes a few up to the cold hard facts about what kinds of sums are required to keep a club afloat.

You need to get a bit of perspective on this yourself. I cant believe that you do not see the financial contribution by 3000 buds to the running of this club as massive .

3000 x my annual spend on all things St.Mirren. (my spend for this season will be approx £500 excl. travel etc) some will spend more , some less but i think thats a fair average. adds up to £1.5 m.

Perspective ? bangin.gif

The board are responsible for running the business - if it's the case that their customer base stops buying the product then they need to react. Hopefully we can kick on a bit now that we are getting some of our players back but there is no getting away from the fact that a lot of people are pissed off - no business should ever take the customer for granted.

Away side receive half of gate receipts after expenses viz. Police stewards tax etc. We will have our share again on Tuesday Evening which will help our situation.What I did note yesterday was the lack of sales of food etc.I have to confess that at the AGM the BOD did not seem unduly concerned when it was mentioned that the uptake on tickets for yesterday was poor. All in all considering how poor we were yesterday it was a decent attendance. The second half was by far the worst performance in years.It was so bad we couldn't make the simplest of passes had no shape looked unfit and created nothing.

You need to get a bit of perspective on this yourself. I cant believe that you do not see the financial contribution by 3000 buds to the running of this club as massive .

3000 x my annual spend on all things St.Mirren. (my spend for this season will be approx £500 excl. travel etc) some will spend more , some less but i think thats a fair average. adds up to £1.5 m.

Perspective ? bangin.gif

Of course it's massive, it's what keeps our head above the water.

Edited by pod

. The second half was by far the worst performance in years.It was so bad we couldn't make the simplest of passes had no shape looked unfit and created nothing.

A slight exaggeration IMO.

As bad as we were, I could highlight several worse performances than yesterday, which led to far worse end results.

The board are responsible for running the business - if it's the case that their customer base stops buying the product then they need to react. Hopefully we can kick on a bit now that we are getting some of our players back but there is no getting away from the fact that a lot of people are pissed off - no business should ever take the customer for granted.

If you don't like the product, don't buy it.