Friday Football @ Firhill -.19Th September

NeilPar72

Unfortunately we are at the stage where this is a "must win". I've never seen us lose at Firhill ...... will go for a gutsy 2-1 to Buds. No basis for that other than hope !!

Now... Those lottery numbers? :)

Saints looked well worth the win after the substitutions, Ball and Reilly, for that final half hour changed the game.

I really enjoy THIS feeling of happiness a Saints win gives me.

The Becks had also been slipping down nicely. :)

Keep on hoping, Dare!

We sure did, God knows how we managed to turn that around after the first half performance.

Credit where credit is due, well done Tommy inspired substitutions turned it all around.

Enough of that "praise" shit. whistling.gif

We NEEDED that, another loss and, well, doomed springs to mind.

Already been mentioned, it's a results game, and that was a result.

Doesn't make up for the previous results but it's a start.

Certainly makes Tuesday interesting.

Can't believe we ended up winning that after our first half performance.

We definitely looked more up for it in the second half, even without any discernable tactics.

Great cross & finish for the first goal. Kenny's free kick was brilliant as was his composure at the penalty.

TC really needed that win what with the next 4 games being very difficult. He needs to win at least two of them IMO.

I agree about that free kick, if it hadn't gone in (and it was heading that way) its power meant there would always be scraps to pick up from its rebound.

Hence the penalty... But the players had to be hungry enough.

I'm so glad that they wre.

Edited by bluto

Enough of that "praise" shit. whistling.gif

We NEEDED that, another loss and, well, doomed springs to mind.

Already been mentioned, it's a results game, and that was a result.

Doesn't make up for the previous results but it's a start.

Certainly makes Tuesday interesting.

We're 2 points better off than where we were after 6 games last season.

This team are cannon fodder! Not a centre half in the squad (Plummer too small, Goodwin average at best and McAusland simply not good enough).Tommy was looking to get a striker in because Thommo is out long term. He signed THREE forwards!!! So is he saying none of them are good enough? Caldwell the only natural finisher in the squad can't get a game.Pity he didn't sign a big no nonsense centre half. We've been crying out for one for years. Defence hopeless and absolutely nothing in the last third. Can't see where we are getting a point from never mind a win. Certainly not at Aberdeen or at home to Celtic. So that'll be played 8 ZERO points and surely time for action. Not much to be optimistic about!!

More than 40 years a St Mirren Fan I really should know better!!!! lol.giflol.giflol.gif

On a positive note, we fought for everything in the second half and Ball, although he's still pretty unfit, had a great game, as did McGinn.

However, to counter that, we were dreadful in the first half and could have been at least two goals down.However, we know only too well what happens when you don't take your chances.

Also, I think we dodged a bullet with Stevenson. He must be on a pretty decent wage and he was pish.

Looks like we'll be using a Goodwin/McAusland CH pairing for the foreseeable future. Maybe this combination will work!

Finally, why not try Sean Kelly instead of "Ghostie" Wylde, out wide?

Edited by FTOF

Tremendous solid 3 points.

The team never that played well, but what character they showed to dig out the win. That's us now officially had a better start than we did last season.

Thought Tommy got his team wrong first half, but credit where credits due. The subs he made were spot on and it was those subs who won us the game.

Hopefully our fans who lost interest because we lost a few games will get behind the team again!

From what I've seen so far, there's not much between any of the teams, and most games have been 50/50. We called tails 5 times in row and now called heads.

Not taking anything away from the game, but I suspect Thistle fans will be feeling the same way we did after the games with Motherwell, Dundee and Kimarnock.

From what I've seen so far, there's not much between any of the teams, and most games have been 50/50. We called tails 5 times in row and now called heads.

Not taking anything away from the game, but I suspect Thistle fans will be feeling the same way we did after the games with Motherwell, Dundee and Kimarnock.

Yeah exactly. For me that was our 3rd best league performance of the season last night, yet it was the only one where we avoided defeat.

Contrary to what the knicker wetters on here were saying, there was never anything hugely wrong with us. We just never got the breaks.

We got them last night, and won without playing particularly well.

On a positive note, we fought for everything in the second half and Ball, although he's still pretty unfit, had a great game, as did McGinn.

However, to counter that, we were dreadful in the first half and could have been at least two goals down.However, we know only too well what happens when you don't take your chances.

Also, I think we dodged a bullet with Stevenson. He must be on a pretty decent wage and he was pish.

Looks like we'll be using a Goodwin/McAusland CH pairing for the foreseeable future. Maybe this combination will work!

Finally, why not try Sean Kelly instead of "Ghostie" Wylde, out wide?

Agree with Stevenson, glad we missed out in that one.

Also with cheesy and Goody at the back, I know Marc felt really comfortable with this partnership in the past, maybe his poor form has been related to not feeling comfortable with his partner, who is a very good footballer but IMO not a centre half as I've said on here a few times.

Edited by davidg

First time I've seen 90mins from us this season. First half we were absolutely clueless, one of the worst performances I've seen from us. After they scored we were chasing shadows until we brought on Ball.

Looked a freekick on Marwood do their first goal.

Ball completely changed the game second half, after he scored we were all over Thistle, great desire shown to get a win.

Delighted overall to get the win though there are a few tweaks needed in the team:

1 Marwood isn't a lone striker. Only Ball can play this role.

2 Wylde was honking once again and I think if rather see, Kelly or even Plummer moved in there

3 Goodwin and Cheesy or Tess need to play centre half. Plummer very good footballer but not a centre half

4 although he wasn't great last night is have Teale starting every week. Need his experience on the pitch

Great three points last night, First half we were dreadful, But our 2nd half was superb, Subs made the difference looked like we had a better shape with McLean back in center mid instead of playing behind the striker in a 4 4 1 1, Osborne was superb the whole game, But credit to all players in the 2nd half,

Quite funny to watch a few square go's almost kick off amongst our fans last night, piss poor

performances, with too much Friday night swally is a bad concoction. Still, it was better than watching

the shite we were served up in the first half.

Good 2nd half though, probably deserved the win although we've played a lot better this season and lost.

What we lacked in quality we made up with passion and fight, maybe the players took a few lessons

from the fans last night...

Great result! Terrific second half performance which merited a vital win.

Well done to the positive and noisy support who backed the team last night even when a goal down and not playing particularly well. The power of positive attitude fellow buddies. Stick with it. Great to be part of it last night and the pre and post match beers were most enjoyable.

Great effort everyone! Callum Ball is going to be a goal machine , Yardley esq. Osbourne looking the part in the middle and Goodwin marshaling the back line. McGinn and Mclean finally came onto a game so lots to be positive about fellow buddies. Onwards and upwards!

Edited by Mr Zo